Tips for Finding a Community for Emperor

Solarus755

Hi everyone,

I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this game since picking it up a littler over a month ago. So far I’m a CP 285 necromancer.

i was wondering if anyone had any tips for finding like minded people wanting to work together to achieve emperor. I joined a PVP guild using the guild finder, but nobody really wants to go for emp and it exists largely to group for PVP and generally have fun.

i don’t mind helping others achieve emp as well, but hoping to get the hardest part out of the way (finding others to work towards it).

Thanks in advance!

On 9/1/2022 at 9:47 AM, Sergen said:

Make millions of gold and then you can buy a carry where people in an organized PvP guild go to Ravenwatch for you with 30 people and take the map for an easy Emperor, just don't be Ebonheart Pact. 

Thanks for the response. Although I'd prefer to be able to go for it myself, if I'm desperate in 6 months, I'm not opposed to doing this. Where are PVP guilds peddling Emperor? Is there some kind of Discord server or known place where people gather and talk PVP, including Emperor trading? My biggest issue so far is just not finding the right guilds that fit my long term goals with the game.

On 9/1/2022 at 8:47 AM, Sergen said:

Make millions of gold and then you can buy a carry where people in an organized PvP guild go to Ravenwatch for you with 30 people and take the map for an easy Emperor, just don't be Ebonheart Pact. 

I'm a member of the Ebonheart Pact, and I approve this message. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 5:47 AM, Sergen said:

1. How much are we talking here for an Emperor carry? 10m? well, after looking it up it looks like it's hundreds of dollans! How naive of me to think it was within 10m realm haha
  2. I know this is most likely an EP joke...right...right...? What's wrong with us EP peeps? ?
Edited by Sydoki

42 minutes ago, Sydoki said:
  1. How much are we talking here for an Emperor carry? 10m? well, after looking it up it looks like it's hundreds of dollans! How naive of me to think it was within 10m realm haha
  2. I know this is most likely an EP joke...right...right...? What's wrong with us EP peeps? 1f62d.png

On the EU server the Ravenwatch campaign which is the most accessible campaign for Emperor after your character has hit level 50 has the Ebonheart Pact alliance as the biggest try-hards where if you want to get emperor the rest of the alliance goes out of their way to not let you have it although the guy in first place has been crowned emperor over 100 times already. 

On 06/09/2022 at 9:52 PM, Solarus755 said:

Thanks for the response. Although I'd prefer to be able to go for it myself, if I'm desperate in 6 months, I'm not opposed to doing this. Where are PVP guilds peddling Emperor? Is there some kind of Discord server or known place where people gather and talk PVP, including Emperor trading? My biggest issue so far is just not finding the right guilds that fit my long term goals with the game.

Nobody's PvP goal on the game is gonna be to help a new player get Emperor for their trophy, if anything telling people that you want the Emperor trophy is more hurtful to your chances of getting Emperor help. I had a friend who told a guy he wanted the Emperor trophy only to be kicked from the guild that he said it in because they said they don't help trophy hunters. You play the PvP, keep your mouth shut and hope that you're #1 in AP when the alliance wants to take control of the map, don't be telling people you're only there to get Emperor and move on. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 1:17 AM, Sergen said:

Nobody's PvP goal on the game is gonna be to help a new player get Emperor for their trophy, if anything telling people that you want the Emperor trophy is more hurtful to your chances of getting Emperor help. I had a friend who told a guy he wanted the Emperor trophy only to be kicked from the guild that he said it in because they said they don't help trophy hunters. You play the PvP, keep your mouth shut and hope that you're #1 in AP when the alliance wants to take control of the map, don't be telling people you're only there to get Emperor and move on. 

I wasn't suggesting I was going to go around begging for a free carry from a guild who wants to help a newbie. I just want to figure out where the guilds that PVP on the reg. and are more than just pug machines are, and if these emperor for gold trades exist, where I can actually find them. I've played enough MMOs that I know nobody will give a shit about a trophy hunter in them. 

I would suggest maybe private messaging a few people around the site who have achieved this trophy recently and politely ask them for some tips on how exactly they went about it, which guilds they joined, whether they still have any PVP connections in the game etc. One guy you could ask if you’re serious about this is Floriiss. He posted this video a few months ago talking about his journey to Emperor on ESO and it was totally fascinating. Definitely check this out if you’re serious about the trophy:

• Like 3

I play Ebonheart only and I did Emp three times. There are awesome PvP Guilds like DAW (Dutch Alpha Warriors) or Cyrodiil Legion, they work together and run Cyrodiil everyday. If you join them and help them in Cyro, they will definitely help you in return with Emp too someday. Its just like PvE, where you have to join a low guild to get practise and gear first - to join a Pro-guild to get the Trifectas one day. If you like the game, you'll have fun in Cyro too. All pvp guilds use english as their community language - all of them have discords :)

Every color has great PvP guilds. Imo, blue would be the best choice if you wanna go fir Emp with a small group of friends, yellow or red would be the best choice if you prefer to join a pvp guild to get it.

Edited by I-CatHasTrophy-I
  • Like 1

What I did was play a ton of PvP and keep entering "LFG" in chat. I eventually found a guild that is active in Cyrodil. Being in a group helped a lot in my run for emperor but there was no group effort to get me emperor. I played with the group to learn strategy, to hear where the action is, etc, and we worked together to cap points and win the map, but I had to put in almost 80 hours in 5-6 days in order to actually get Emp. Nobody in the guild or server cared about me getting emp except for me. 

As was mentioned, do NOT mention that all you care about is emp because nobody will want to help you then. 

My best advice for anyone going for emp... start playing a shit ton of cyrodil, rank up, maximize your build, learn all the ins and outs and strategies of cyrodil, stock up on food and pots, use the 20% AP boost from cyrodil dungeons, maybe see if you can get some colovian war tortes...

Once you are 100% ready, set aside a LOT of time, and just play a lot. Get as high a lead on the boards as you can. If you get passed up, don't stop playing. A lot of emps drop out when they get emp. When everyone else on the server is asleep, you're awake repairing walls, capping resources, etc. Play 12-14 hrs every day, or as much as you can, until you get it. 

Doing all of this, you could still not get it. There is certainly some luck involved. My first attempt I spent about 40 hrs in 2-3 days and didn't get it. 2nd real attempt wasn't for another ~9 months when I was confident I was ready. I worked on all the other trophies while I leveled up and perfected my build. Luckily got it on a Sunday night before I was supposed to go back to work. 

• Like 2

Really appreciate the advice everyone, definitely appreciate the support :). Back in the day when I used to play a tremendous amount of WoW, I had a solid group of guildmates, and I'd like to develop the same myself in this game as I genuinely enjoy the PVP. Like any MMO though, finding your group of people is challenging.

On 12/09/2022 at 3:52 PM, Poindexter2291 said:

My best advice for anyone going for emp... start playing a shit ton of cyrodil, rank up, maximize your build, learn all the ins and outs and strategies of cyrodil, stock up on food and pots, use the 20% AP boost from cyrodil dungeons, maybe see if you can get some colovian war tortes...

I just wanna say to this that Colovian War Tortes only help your alliance rank which makes getting Grand Overlord quicker but they don't help AP gain so for someone who just wants the Emperor trophy getting them isn't necessary but the delve buff will be. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, Sergen said:

I just wanna say to this that Colovian War Tortes only help your alliance rank which makes getting Grand Overlord quicker but they don't help AP gain so for someone who just wants the Emperor trophy getting them isn't necessary but the delve buff will be. 

good point, thank you for the clarification

Summary of Emperor by Campaign:

Greyhost - HA HA HA HA!  Good luck!  Most of the sweatiest PvP players flex there running whatever current overpowered broken sets that ZoS has yet to nerf.  Meanwhile, the gankers and organized zergling ball-groups make a mockery of the entire Cyrodiil map, typically running various Cancerous combinations of the aforementioned broken sets.  Performance is complete trash especially at prime time on console, often with long queue times.  HAVE FUN!

Blackreach - This is your best bet for an experienced player with very high level CP.  You will still likely need A LOT of time, help (join a guild), and luck over the course of at least a week and perhaps the entire 30 day campaign.  This is the ESO no-lifer campaign of choice! 

Ravenwatch - This is still your best bet for a new ESO player, or you just care about trophies.  No CP means you have a more even playing field with mainly  gear, class, and skill choices being the variables.  Unfortunately, your best window of opportunity for an easy Ravenwatch build is gone now that the Oakensoul Mythic ring has been nerfed into Oblivion.  A lot of people (myself included) didn't even realize you could use that ridiculously overpowered item in no CP, because many Mythics and sets are not allowed there.  Note the large recent spike in Emperor trophies over the Summer during the "Brokensoul" Update 34.  Sorry, we missed that boat!    

Icereach - You're not the first person to think of tailoring a new character to "dominate" new players in the under 50 campaign.  There are a truly special breed of pathetic trolls in ESO who dedicate 24/7 of their no-lives to feeling "special" with their endless smurfs in Icereach.  We are talking about fully optimized gear sets at their ready every 5-10 character levels.  And not just the crafted stuff, they farm and keep low level sets of gear that no normal sane player would ever hold onto.  Icereach is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen in a video game.  It's a particularly poor introduction to Cyrodiil PvP for new players when they are forced to fight impossibly overpowered smurfs.  But hey, if you want to contend with trolls getting Emp for their 100th time, more power to you.

7 Day Campaigns - If you think it's a brilliant idea to go for Emp during one of the shorter event campaigns, forget about it, because everyone else had the same idea for their week off from work!  Some of the AP scores I have seen put up in Cyrodiil during this one week are completely absurd.  I'm not particularly good at PvP, but just playing a few days in one of these during the recent event I gained more than 4,000,000 AP and was nowhere near the top of the Emp leaderboard.  Very strong PvP players are going to make your life miserable if you get unlucky and they decide to stay for a while to grind their AP during that double XP event in your chosen campaign for Emp.  

Bottom line, ZoS needs to rework Emperor, along with dozens of other things in this rapidly dying game.  Restricting a single character to one Emp per campaign would help a lot with not only this trophy, but the general PvP experience in Cyrodiil.

On 9/9/2022 at 9:04 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I would suggest maybe private messaging a few people around the site who have achieved this trophy recently and politely ask them for some tips on how exactly they went about it, which guilds they joined, whether they still have any PVP connections in the game etc. One guy you could ask if you’re serious about this is Floriiss. He posted this video a few months ago talking about his journey to Emperor on ESO and it was totally fascinating. Definitely check this out if you’re serious about the trophy:

Great video, thanks for the link! 

6 hours ago, Narniak said:

Great video, thanks for the link! 

No problem! Floriiss is kind of a legendary ultra rare trophy hunter on here so his channel has a lot of really neat videos like that showing his experience earning very tough trophies. Worth browsing through his stuff if you like videos like this.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

@Solarus755 Did you ever find a good guild or community? How have things changed since the creation of this thread?

He doesn't have the trophy so I doubt it. Don't worry about Emperor yet, you're only making it a lot harder on yourself if you start trying to get it now with no inkling of how a build works on the game, as of right now the PvP has many years left, heck the longer you take to decide to do Emperor the easier it'll get as PvP has more chance of dying down. A good guild or community isn't going to be interested in helping someone who only got the chapter 1 of story mode trophy when you'll know absolutely nothing about the game and not contribute anything to their PvP goals. 

Edited by Sergen

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

He doesn't have the trophy so I doubt it. Don't worry about Emperor yet, you're only making it a lot harder on yourself if you start trying to get it now with no inkling of how a build works on the game, as of right now the PvP has many years left, heck the longer you take to decide to do Emperor the easier it'll get as PvP has more chance of dying down. A good guild or community isn't going to be interested in helping someone who only got the chapter 1 of story mode trophy when you'll know absolutely nothing about the game and not contribute anything to their PvP goals. 

Well Duh, ofc im not worried about it now. I barely started. But everyone knows this is the hardest trophies in eso and one of the worst trophies in gaming as a whole. So im just curious about the topic. I don't plan to pursue this for months nor engage in (much) pvp. I am simply curious about the community and this trophy.

3 hours ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Well Duh, ofc im not worried about it now. I barely started. But everyone knows this is the hardest trophies in eso and one of the worst trophies in gaming as a whole. So im just curious about the topic. I don't plan to pursue this for months nor engage in (much) pvp. I am simply curious about the community and this trophy.

The game's community has a high probability of changing before you get the people's help for Emperor. Right now it's a bad time to play PvP in the game because the Lost Depths patch nerfed people's damage causing a lot of the people to quit the game altogether and then the Firesong patch got released with horrible bugs that sometimes make the game unplayable, the game is at an all time low for PvP communities so I'd wait until you're actually capable of playing the game and knowing how things work before seeking out a guild. Not to mention your country on PSN is the Netherlands and the OP's country is Canada so he's probably playing on the NA server and you're probably playing on the EU server and the servers aren't cross compatible so if you pick NA you can only play with NA players and if you pick EU you can only play with the EU players. 

16 hours ago, Sergen said:

I found a good PVP guild and have been playing with them for fun. Emp is only a matter of time and I'm not trying to rush it. I'm planning to play this game for a long time, not just grind the plat and move on to the next thing. Some time in the next couple of years, I'll have it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solarus755 said:

I found a good PVP guild and have been playing with them for fun. Emp is only a matter of time and I'm not trying to rush it. I'm planning to play this game for a long time, not just grind the plat and move on to the next thing. Some time in the next couple of years, I'll have it.

Good to know, glad you're enjoying the game :). I'd guess you're on the NA server but how has the latest patch affected your PvP people? It's a trash patch for game performance so I was wondering if any of them quit the game over it, I mean there's a terrible block bug that stops you being allowed to block unless you quit the game and restart it but in a PvP keep takeover getting that bug is a pain in the ass. I'm a Grand Overlord PvP rank on EU so I retired from PvP forever because ZOS treats it like crap and it's somewhat dead over here but I feel like you can only take so many keeps when it gets stale and has no new content. You'll find PvE a lot more enjoyable if you manage to get a good build for it, the trials are definitely well designed and great fun with a coordinated group so best of luck to you always good to see someone have enthusiasm for the game beyond its trophies. 

On 11/25/2022 at 9:55 PM, Sergen said:

Good to know, glad you're enjoying the game :). I'd guess you're on the NA server but how has the latest patch affected your PvP people? It's a trash patch for game performance so I was wondering if any of them quit the game over it, I mean there's a terrible block bug that stops you being allowed to block unless you quit the game and restart it but in a PvP keep takeover getting that bug is a pain in the ass. I'm a Grand Overlord PvP rank on EU so I retired from PvP forever because ZOS treats it like crap and it's somewhat dead over here but I feel like you can only take so many keeps when it gets stale and has no new content. You'll find PvE a lot more enjoyable if you manage to get a good build for it, the trials are definitely well designed and great fun with a coordinated group so best of luck to you always good to see someone have enthusiasm for the game beyond its trophies. 

Yes I really enjoy the game so far!

The new patch has been rocky to say the least. Our discord server has been lit up with automated notifications of new bugs being patched. ZOS has apologized and we're getting free pets I guess, but they should have definitely waited before putting that out. I have a feeling they're quickly going to backpedal and correct course (at least I hope so).

We've had a couple of PVP vets quit, but both have said they'll come back if ZOS fixes things and I'm confident the same is true for a lot of players globally. Now hopefully ZOS gets that message...

This game has an insane amount to do, and the fact that all of the content is relevant rather than "tiered" like with WoW or other MMORPGs is great for a recent player like me. I'm looking forward to doing all of the trials (I've only done the Craglorn trials so far, but want to try Dreadsail Reef next). I used to raid heavily in early WoW and I love it. That said, I'm also glad that there are no trophies for Veteran trials, so I can tackle the ones I like out of interest rather than to chase for trophies (especially considering I'll have my hands full with a lot of other overworld content, like PVP, grinding fishing, finishing off all the zone questlines, etc.).

Overall, I think this game is exactly what I was hoping for out of it: A story driven, fast paced MMO that fleshes out the Elder Scrolls world and has a thriving community. My largest limitation is real life preventing me from getting to sink as many hours as I'd like, but I've been having a blast so far, and will continue as long as ZOS doesn't nuke the community with bad patches going forward.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently PvP is in such a poor state. Cyrodiil is dead on 2 campaigns, Gray Host and Ravenwatch, Blackreach is now the new try-hard place but it's never completely filled, 2 alliances usually at 2 bars and EP at 1 at high times. Having watched Floriiss video, its insane that just 6 months ago, the PvP landscape was so much different.

EU seems to be in the worst state though. Some people say NA is much healthier.

Edited by Mori

On 22.9.2022 at 3:18 PM, Narniak said:

Icereach - You're not the first person to think of tailoring a new character to "dominate" new players in the under 50 campaign.  There are a truly special breed of pathetic trolls in ESO who dedicate 24/7 of their no-lives to feeling "special" with their endless smurfs in Icereach.  We are talking about fully optimized gear sets at their ready every 5-10 character levels.  And not just the crafted stuff, they farm and keep low level sets of gear that no normal sane player would ever hold onto.  Icereach is one of the most embarrassing things I have ever seen in a video game.  It's a particularly poor introduction to Cyrodiil PvP for new players when they are forced to fight impossibly overpowered smurfs.  But hey, if you want to contend with trolls getting Emp for their 100th time, more power to you.

7 Day Campaigns - If you think it's a brilliant idea to go for Emp during one of the shorter event campaigns, forget about it, because everyone else had the same idea for their week off from work!  Some of the AP scores I have seen put up in Cyrodiil during this one week are completely absurd.  I'm not particularly good at PvP, but just playing a few days in one of these during the recent event I gained more than 4,000,000 AP and was nowhere near the top of the Emp leaderboard.  Very strong PvP players are going to make your life miserable if you get unlucky and they decide to stay for a while to grind their AP during that double XP event in your chosen campaign for Emp.  

I cant recall, but i did my emperor in such a under 50 7-day campaign back in the day. I just thought it would give me some leverage against all those CP hording OP players. 

On 12.9.2022 at 4:52 PM, Poindexter2291 said:

What I did was play a ton of PvP and keep entering "LFG" in chat. I eventually found a guild that is active in Cyrodil. Being in a group helped a lot in my run for emperor but there was no group effort to get me emperor. I played with the group to learn strategy, to hear where the action is, etc, and we worked together to cap points and win the map, but I had to put in almost 80 hours in 5-6 days in order to actually get Emp. Nobody in the guild or server cared about me getting emp except for me. 

As was mentioned, do NOT mention that all you care about is emp because nobody will want to help you then. 

And there i basically did this, playing nonstop to gather every AP i could get, fights during the day, repairing stuff during the night. 

My mistake was to tell people i just want to get the trophy done and then i will drop out, some stopped playing in the campaign, some made it extra harder for me. Had very long discussions with one guy in the middle of the night. Eventually i was first place in the leaderboard with quite a margin and when i woke up the next day emperor unlocked because they pushed the castles to get me out or whatever:D I didnt care at all i just wanted to get this done and im proud of my 100% trophies in ESO.

Edited by Namenloser1990