I don't understand how "Such Great Hights" is supposed to work.

Ivotas

Hey guys, the thread title is pretty self explenatory. I've completed the Shadow Wars and unlocked the "Peace in Death" trophy for completing the game. The guide say that I'm supposed to get that naturally when playing the defences offline but now that I've completed them I still haven't unlocked the trophy. And honestly everything else in the trophy guide both here and on other sites just confuse me if I'm honest. Can anybody shine a bit light into me terrible lack of comprehension please?^^'

4 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

These threads might help.

Thanks mate. Unfortunally I understand nothing what especially the first thread is trying to say. When they say "go offline when capturing the first point" what exactly are we playing? Online conquest? If yes, then this doesn't make sense with the claim to do it completely offline. If it's offline in the battle when you capture a fort then I'm afraid the ship has long sailed for me as I'm already at a point where I've beaten the Shadow Wars. Sorry for being so noobish but I really don't understand anything recommended here. :(

I have no idea why the TG mentions 'naturally' in the description for this, I never noticed that before. There is NO WAY you can get this naturally because you don't even have to play online to finish the game, in which case, you wouldnt get this trophy and playing online doesn't even guarantee it. I think the author just means if you play like them, then you will get it naturally, because generally that's how general trophy guides are created. I don't think many trophy guides are created with accessibility in mind (to cater to every type of gamer), most of them, even the top trophy websites are created from the perspective of how the trophy guide author plays the game and they expect you to play like them!

All you can do is keep playing online to get better ratings and of course your allocated captains can boost the ratings as well.

The exploit mentioned in those threads saves a LOT of grinding, but it was discovered a few years after the games release so no trophy guides mention it. It's a highly missable exploit though. Basically, when you take a fort online for the VERY FIRST TIME, it will copy your CURRENT offline rating, but it's a one time only type thing for that fort. So what you would do, is wait till endgame until you take ANY forts online, then you would put your highest rank team in the fort to get the highest offline rating, then when you take the fort online for the first time, the online rating will copy that offline rating!! Doing this exploit usually means you can get the Trophy with ZERO online games!!!

The exploit requires you to sort of ignore the online until end game because usually, as advised in trophy guides as well more than likely, is you would perhaps take a fort online as soon as you can. Likely at this point though, because you are still sort of early game maybe, you would have a poor team and a lower offline rating, so when you first take that fort online, it is going to copy say your 120 offline rating as an example. Whereas if you waited until endgame, it could be copying maybe a 650 offline rating, MASSIVE difference.

It's because your initial online starting rating is always a duplicate of your current offline rating,and once its been registered for the first time, no change that!! Just a example imagining if one player took fort A online early game and another gamer waited until end game:

• Early Game.
    • Fort A offline rating - 150.
    • Take this fort online for the first time.
    • Fort A online rating - 150 (copies offline rating).
  • End Game
    • Fort A offline rating - 650.
    • Fort A online rating - 650 (copies offline rating).

Does that sort of explain it a bit better??

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks mate. Unfortunally I understand nothing what especially the first thread is trying to say. When they say "go offline when capturing the first point" what exactly are we playing? Online conquest? If yes, then this doesn't make sense with the claim to do it completely offline. If it's offline in the battle when you capture a fort then I'm afraid the ship has long sailed for me as I'm already at a point where I've beaten the Shadow Wars. Sorry for being so noobish but I really don't understand anything recommended here. :(

No worries. The first method only works if you play the whole game while offline - not connected to the internet. The second gives advice on leveling orcs and whatnot. 

It's been a long time since I played personally but I remember these threads from back then. IIRC beating the DLC's will net you some really strong orcs for free. Looks like I reached Captain a few days after completing the Shadow Wars, just keep adding stronger orcs to your army.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I have no idea why the TG mentions 'naturally' in the description for this, I never noticed that before. There is NO WAY you can get this naturally because you don't even have to play online to finish the game, in which case, you wouldnt get this trophy and playing online doesn't even guarantee it. I think the author just means if you play like them, then you will get it naturally, because generally that's how general trophy guides are created. I don't think many trophy guides are created with accessibility in mind (to cater to every type of gamer), most of them, even the top trophy websites are created from the perspective of how the trophy guide author plays the game and they expect you to play like them!

All you can do is keep playing online to get better ratings and of course your allocated captains can boost the ratings as well.

The exploit mentioned in those threads saves a LOT of grinding, but it was discovered a few years after the games release so no trophy guides mention it. It's a highly missable exploit though. Basically, when you take a fort online for the VERY FIRST TIME, it will copy your CURRENT offline rating, but it's a one time only type thing for that fort. So what you would do, is wait till endgame until you take ANY forts online, then you would put your highest rank team in the fort to get the highest offline rating, then when you take the fort online for the first time, the online rating will copy that offline rating!! Doing this exploit usually means you can get the Trophy with ZERO online games!!!

The exploit requires you to sort of ignore the online until end game because usually, as advised in trophy guides as well more than likely, is you would perhaps take a fort online as soon as you can. Likely at this point though, because you are still sort of early game maybe, you would have a poor team and a lower offline rating, so when you first take that fort online, it is going to copy say your 120 offline rating as an example. Whereas if you waited until endgame, it could be copying maybe a 650 offline rating, MASSIVE difference.

It's because your initial online starting rating is always a duplicate of your current offline rating,and once its been registered for the first time, no change that!! Just a example imagining if one player took fort A online early game and another gamer waited until end game:

• Early Game.
    • Fort A offline rating - 150.
    • Fort A online rating - 150 (copies offline rating).
  • End Game
    • Fort A offline rating - 650.
    • Fort A online rating - 650 (copies offline rating).

Does that sort of explain it a bit better??

That does in fact explain things better. Thankfully I haven't done any only conquest yet so I should be safe. Unless of course the online Overloard fighting pits count for this. In which case I guess I screwed up because I lost several overloards there and never beaten stage 5.

My question now is how high I should go with leveling the orc and respectively the fort. Is there a level cap to begin with. My strongest fortres is in Gorgoroth where all my Warlords are lvl 53-55 and even some of the bodyguards being that high a level. The fort itself is Lvl 523 so since you mentioned Lvl 650 I guess I can still go higher. So what's the recommended level to stap farming upgrades and just taking on the online conquest?

6 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

No worries. The first method only works if you play the whole game while offline - not connected to the internet. The second gives advice on leveling orcs and whatnot. 

It's been a long time since I played personally but I remember these threads from back then. IIRC beating the DLC's will net you some really strong orcs for free. Looks like I reached Captain a few days after completing the Shadow Wars, just keep adding stronger orcs to your army.

Thanks mate. I pretty much would like to ask you the same question I've asked in my previous paragraph. How high should I level up. And if I might ask another question. Shall I rank up the bodyguards for this too or not. I understand that they don't contribute to the attack force rating but I can see them making an attack on any fortress go much smoother. Basically I just want to know if there's any merrit into spending time leveling guys up too, who definitely will not be my Warlords.

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

That does in fact explain things better. Thankfully I haven't done any only conquest yet so I should be safe. Unless of course the online Overloard fighting pits count for this. In which case I guess I screwed up because I lost several overloards there and never beaten stage 5.

My question now is how high I should go with leveling the orc and respectively the fort. Is there a level cap to begin with. My strongest fortres is in Gorgoroth where all my Warlords are lvl 53-55 and even some of the bodyguards being that high a level. The fort itself is Lvl 523 so since you mentioned Lvl 650 I guess I can still go higher. So what's the recommended level to stap farming upgrades and just taking on the online conquest?

Thanks mate. I pretty much would like to ask you the same question I've asked in my previous paragraph. How high should I level up. And if I might ask another question. Shall I rank up the bodyguards for this too or not. I understand that they don't contribute to the attack force rating but I can see them making an attack on any fortress go much smoother. Basically I just want to know if there's any merrit into spending time leveling guys up too, who definitely will not be my Warlords.

The fighting pits don't count no and that 650 was only an example, I don't remember exactly the highest rating. I made a sort of Platinum Speedrun guide in 10 - 15 hours, its why I have a bit of knowledge, but it was a year or so back when it was free on PSPlus and my memory is rusty.

You don't have to get the highest rating with all, you just need to reach the combined 2500 right with all forts. That's where the exploit comes in useful as it's the rating that counts for the 2500 that duplicates.

If you think you haven't taken forts online yet, then what you would need to do to abuse the exploit is to look at ALL your forts and see if the combined rating is above 2500. If it is, you then just take each one online for the first time, and you will have that exact same rating and so pop the trophy. If  the combined rating is below 2500, just try to assign higher level teams or buy better defences etc. I forget everything but I think some defences improve your rating, whereas some don't so some defences should be avoided (as they don't improve your rating), though I forget which and the specifics.

EDIT:

Sorry, let me just rephrase the exploit as I just read my old thread and it reminded me a few things which I didnt mention.

So when you take a fort online, you can ONLY RAISE the attack rating by doing a conquest yea, but the VERY FIRST TIME you take a fort online, the initial attack rating will COPY your current defence rating!! That's the exploit, get your defence rating high BEFORE taking the fort online for a massive boost!!

So if your combined defence rating is 1250 before taking ANY fort online. Then when you take them all online, you will get the 1250 defence rating and the attack rating will also copy it for another 1250 which will total 2500, so trophy already acquired!!

This is an old video of mine this tries to explain the exploit, may make it clearer

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ivotas said:

I think all my captains were like 55+ and my warlords were between 60 and 70+. 

Prepatches where the shadow wars were much longer this trophy probably did come more naturally as you needed orcs with a much higher level.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Detailed explenation

Thanks for all the effort but I get even more confused after reading the explanation and watching the video. I now don't even know what "going online" even means anymore. Does it mean to actually launch some online quests in the game menues or just being connected to the network? Because the video mentioned to turn off my network. Because if that's the case then I'm screwed because I am always connected to the network when I play games on my PS4.

At this point I consider myself officially screw out of any shortcuts. I'm at rank 2 with 1042 points. I just want to know what I have to do do get the remaining 1,458 points to get captain rank. Like I have no idea where I even got the 1,042 points from and all this talk about exploits and onilne-offline shenanigans doesn't help me understand anything. I understand that the defence rating is what matters. But I have no idea if the game registered my low defense rating or the high one I have right now. I have no idea how to check. And I have no idea how to actually take my stats online because the video confuses the hell out of me.

I really don't understand why game developers do crap like this. I understand that they wanted to milk their gamers for money with making it grindy. But I don't understand the lack of transparency of what the actual mechanics are. My main problem right now is that I literally don't know what I am supposed to do. I'm too scared to even boot up the game because I'm worried that things might still be alrigth and that I mess things up by clicking on the wrong button in the options.

Sorry mate if my frustration seems like I'm taking it out on you. I definitely am not and I thank you for your patience. But I'm just sooo lost in this entire mess.

1 hour ago, da-Noob123 said:

I think all my captains were like 55+ and my warlords were between 60 and 70+. 

Prepatches where the shadow wars were much longer this trophy probably did come more naturally as you needed orcs with a much higher level.

I see. Well I guess I should go for those levels too seeing that I'm not far away from them anyways. Too bad that I don't know what I should do once my orc have that level.

Btw, does it make a difference if I make some of them Epic and/or Legendary or does that only matter in the actual Shadow Wars campaign?

13 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

Thanks for all the effort but I get even more confused after reading the explanation and watching the video. I now don't even know what "going online" even means anymore. Does it mean to actually launch some online quests in the game menues or just being connected to the network? Because the video mentioned to turn off my network. Because if that's the case then I'm screwed because I am always connected to the network when I play games on my PS4.

At this point I consider myself officially screw out of any shortcuts. I'm at rank 2 with 1042 points. I just want to know what I have to do do get the remaining 1,458 points to get captain rank. Like I have no idea where I even got the 1,042 points from and all this talk about exploits and onilne-offline shenanigans doesn't help me understand anything. I understand that the defence rating is what matters. But I have no idea if the game registered my low defense rating or the high one I have right now. I have no idea how to check. And I have no idea how to actually take my stats online because the video confuses the hell out of me.

I really don't understand why game developers do crap like this. I understand that they wanted to milk their gamers for money with making it grindy. But I don't understand the lack of transparency of what the actual mechanics are. My main problem right now is that I literally don't know what I am supposed to do. I'm too scared to even boot up the game because I'm worried that things might still be alrigth and that I mess things up by clicking on the wrong button in the options.

Sorry mate if my frustration seems like I'm taking it out on you. I definitely am not and I thank you for your patience. But I'm just sooo lost in this entire mess.

I see. Well I guess I should go for those levels too seeing that I'm not far away from them anyways. Too bad that I don't know what I should do once my orc have that level.

Btw, does it make a difference if I make some of them Epic and/or Legendary or does that only matter in the actual Shadow Wars campaign?

Yea forget about the exploit mate as it sounds as if that is too late for you anyway with it being highly missable.

Your Overall Rating is a combination of the Defence Rating and the Assault Rating and you need a Overall Rating of 2500.

Your Defence Rating is affected by your fort upgrades and your orc levels allocated to the fort slots and the Assault Rating can only be changed when playing Online Conquests (unless you do the exploit).

So your plan of attack now would be to raise your Defence Rating as much as possible or as much as you are prepared to for each fort by upgrading defences and slotting higher level orcs and then once you're happy or tired of that, then you will need to raise the Assault Rating by playing Online Conquests.

Very grindy without the exploit unfortunately

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ivotas said:

I would aim for Epic and Legendary orcs because they are much more durable which is very useful for when you Assault other people's fortresses online and them can largely easily beat other orcs in the arena when leveling.

Also, if you are looking to recruit more orcs there is a gem that IIRC, increases an orcs level when you dominate them if their level is lower than yours.

Edit: Like Optinooby said, at this point you will need to attack others fortresses in online conquest but I think you can still capture orcs this way too, so if you see a high level legendary orc try to dominate them.

Edited by da-Noob123
More info
  • Like 1

I went back to Shadow of War recently after few years and to my surprise, this trophy wasn't that bad at all. I finished Shadow wars first and after that, I had overall rating of ~2000 which made me do few additional online conquests to hit 2500. 

I wasn't aware of any exploits so I did the whole thing legit and there's really no convoluted mechanic to it. Just upgrade your capos/overlords as much as possible, make them epic/legendary if you can afford it and that's it.

Obviously a viable build of Talion helps a lot because after all, you're the one who does most of the heavy lifting during sieges. 

• Like 1

Ok, I just checked again and I have news that are half good half bad. The bad thing, the exploit seems to be too late for Seregost which is at Total Assault Rating of 114 and a Total Defense Rating of 263 (meaning the latter didn't register) and Gorgoroth which stands at a TAR of 242 and a TDF of 529. However Nurnen and Cirith Ungol are both at a complete 0 on both ratings. So perhaps there's a chance to make something out of it. If not use an exploit to boost both Assault and Defense rating I could at least increase the points because I'm still at a complete zero.

So my question is this, what do I need to press to get my offline total defense rating actually get registered in the overall rating section? I will work on boosting my two forts defenses. But once they are both over 9000 500, what do I have to press for them to count?

28 minutes ago, maniek515 said:

I went back to Shadow of War recently after few years and to my surprise, this trophy wasn't that bad at all. I finished Shadow wars first and after that, I had overall rating of ~2000 which made me do few additional online conquests to hit 2500. 

I wasn't aware of any exploits so I did the whole thing legit and there's really no convoluted mechanic to it. Just upgrade your capos/overlords as much as possible, make them epic/legendary if you can afford it and that's it.

Obviously a viable build of Talion helps a lot because after all, you're the one who does most of the heavy lifting during sieges. 

Thanks mate. That's exactly what I was doing while capturing an online fort now. But right now I'm more worried if I can actually the zeroes out of the way for Nurnen and Cirith Ungol. If I'm lucky, there might be a huge point boost waiting for me.^^