Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee Patch

Luckily, I never got any of the detrimental trophy glitches (yet...still don't have plat but I already got "I Regrow Nothing"), however, I'm glad all the graphical and audio glitches got fixed.  Here's a link to the list of fixes from the Oddworld website. 

http://www.oddworld.com/2014/02/munch-hd-patch-ready-roll/

Wow I just redownloaded this yesterday and was going to try the plat again. Nice to know that it has been fixed and I can plat it without worry :D (I glitched regrow nothing and the game glitched on me preventing me from getting the evil ending)

The only shame is that now it won't be Ultra Rare because everyone will go back and plat it :P

Wow I just redownloaded this yesterday and was going to try the plat again. Nice to know that it has been fixed and I can plat it without worry :D (I glitched regrow nothing and the game glitched on me preventing me from getting the evil ending)

The only shame is that now it won't be Ultra Rare because everyone will go back and plat it :P

I don't think that would be a shame, however, if you look at the story related trophies, most people haven't even bothered to beat the games once, let alone twice for the plat.  Then there are those Intern and Vykker possession trophies that are impossible to get without a little grind.  Also, the egg crate smashing trophy is a grind too.  There's no way this patch is going to affect the completion rate enough for it to get out of Ultra Rare status.  I'd be very surprised.

On that note, I must be in the minority.  I loved this game.  So far, I love anything Oddworld.  Can't wait for Abe's solo adventures to come in the form of an HD remake.  Hopefully, those will do well enough to give way to new installments of the Odd universe.  

I don't think that would be a shame, however, if you look at the story related trophies, most people haven't even bothered to beat the games once, let alone twice for the plat.  Then there are those Intern and Vykker possession trophies that are impossible to get without a little grind.  Also, the egg crate smashing trophy is a grind too.  There's no way this patch is going to affect the completion rate enough for it to get out of Ultra Rare status.  I'd be very surprised.

On that note, I must be in the minority.  I loved this game.  So far, I love anything Oddworld.  Can't wait for Abe's solo adventures to come in the form of an HD remake.  Hopefully, those will do well enough to give way to new installments of the Odd universe.  

:yay: Ultra Rare platinum then :D

While it isn't the worst game I have ever played there are way better 3d platformers. I promoted it quite a lot last year but Pacman and the Ghostly Adventure is one of those platformers (I really really liked that game ^_^)

OH! You KNOW I'm gonna play this game now. Looking forward to hearing from various people who have played it that the trophies have indeed been fixed, and I will start it up myself soon after! :) Oddworld is awesome.

BT you get out of here  :shakefist: That's my Ultra Rare plat, At least let me catch up in platinums :(

Edited by Dr_Mayus

OH! You KNOW I'm gonna play this game now. Looking forward to hearing from various people who have played it that the trophies have indeed been fixed, and I will start it up myself soon after! :) Oddworld is awesome.

It's confirmed: My buddy had the glitch.  He tried for a couple days to get around it by deleting everything and reinstalling and whatnot.  Nothing worked.  Luckily, it was only a couple days after that when the patch came out.  He now has the plat.

FriedEggsOnANail

• Like 1

It's confirmed: My buddy had the glitch.  He tried for a couple days to get around it by deleting everything and reinstalling and whatnot.  Nothing worked.  Luckily, it was only a couple days after that when the patch came out.  He now has the plat.

FriedEggsOnANail

It still didn't unlock for me...that is until I deleted my config data and the game itself. Then reinstalled the game, ignored the patch and reloaded my game :D

Trophy unlocked :pimp:

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

I find that very strange.  Well, I'm glad it worked out in the end.  I see it's still no plat for you though.

Luckily I looked at .org which had the sollution on how to do it :D

I have to do an evil playthrough still as that glitched on me as well from my original playthrough. For some reason all the fuzzles froze in space and I couldn't move them. I reloaded the level and it did it again. This was the level with about 30 of them so it was enough to screw up my evil playthrough :(

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Angus1343 said:

Does anyone know if this game was fully fixed trophy wise with this patch? I'm considering starting it, but not sure if it's worth the hassle.

I doubt if it has been updated since I got the plat in 2016. Spent the better part of 3 years trying to get the no spooce trophy to pop. I beat the game over 50 times or more from start to finish. I Deleted saves, patches, reloaded and redid sections and patches until one day it just decided to randomly pop. 

If you decide to try for it, I highly suggest going for the "I Regrow Nothing" first to see if it pops for you. I'd play offline so you can delete trophies if it glitches out and be aware of accidently syncing trophies if you do update the patch. Also I managed to get it on the original, unpatched version on the PS3 if that matters.

I could be totally off base with all this and they magically fixed everything after 2016 but I personally wouldn't start it if I were you.

6 minutes ago, Jason-d-b said:

I doubt if it has been updated since I got the plat in 2016. Spent the better part of 3 years trying to get the no spooce trophy to pop. I beat the game over 50 times or more from start to finish. I Deleted saves, patches, reloaded and redid sections and patches until one day it just decided to randomly pop. 

If you decide to try for it, I highly suggest going for the "I Regrow Nothing" first to see if it pops for you. I'd play offline so you can delete trophies if it glitches out and be aware of accidently syncing trophies if you do update the patch. Also I managed to get it on the original, unpatched version on the PS3 if that matters.

I could be totally off base with all this and they magically fixed everything after 2016 but I personally wouldn't start it if I were you.

Oof okay thanks. Yea I think the patch was in 2014 or so, so it's likely still sketchy. I'd be playing the ps3 version myself as well so I may steer clear. Darn 

• 1 year later...

I’m sure this isn’t true at all, but I fancifully thought that skipping the shaman’s speeches would reduce your quarma to help with the demonic gabbit playthrough. After all, he does say “no respect!” and he’s the one popping up warning you about your bad quarma up until the cutoff point.