[VIDEO] - Pac-Man World Re-Pac - ALL TROPHY GUIDES - Retro Gamer, Family Members, Magic Key, Speed Racer, etc.

Ben-Gun

PAC-MAN WORLD RE-PAC is a new remake of the classic PAC-MAN WORLD on PS1. It´s a super fun and classic platformer. The trophies are fairly easy, but some can be a bit tricky.  

I earned the platinum in 10 hours - would rate it 7/10 in difficulty (Because of "Retro Gamer").

Here is a collection of all my guides with the descriptions. Let me have any questions you may have :D

"Speed Racer "- Complete the Clown Grand Prix with a time of 140 or better.

This trophy is obtainable on level 4-4 - The Clown Racers boss fight. If you hit a bomb or miss a power-up, restart the level.

This guide will show you how to get the Fever in the slotmachine.

"Fever" Trophy (bronze) = Activate a Fever in Slots

You need to get an equal amount of points (1,000, 2,000, 10,000 etc.) at the Slots screen after any level. Follow the video to get it super easy. Be at around 1450 points near the end of the level. You get 500 points from the banana (to open gate) and some dots on ground.

Pretty simple - When you lok on your save when pressing continue, your total high score must exceed 750,000 total. Collect everything, win every bonus stage, hit the jackpot at the slots, kill all enemies and ghost in quick succession and as close to 0 deaths as possible for a point bonus. Do this on EVERY level.

Trophy "Retro Gamer" = Clear round 9 of Classic Pac-Man

The arcade machine unlocks after completing the main story! The trick is to follow a pattern. 1st round is one pattern, 2nd-4th is a second pattern, and from then on it´s a third pattern for the rest of the levels. I messed up on round 9 because I got super nervous. Keep trying and you will get it!

Breakdown:

-Round 1 - easy pattern, follow video.

-Round 2-4 - almost the same, except you turn back near the start and go up to avoid the blue ghost.

-Round 5+ - here it gets tricky. Follow the video for every move. Pause when you play it yourself, to check back on the video and follow the steps. The ghosts DO have specific behavior according to how you move.

Trophy: Space Ace - Clear the King Galaxian Episode with no misses (NO DEATHS) - Simple.

-Trophy "The People´s Hero" - Save all Family Members -Trophy

"Friendly" - Talk to all Family Members

This is also how you get the GOOD ENDING. There is 1 family member for each zone. You need a key for each member for each zone. Sometimes the keys are in the same level, other times its not.

The trick to getting three Galaxian is by looking at the two fruits coming before. This way you can press X when you spot the fruits before the Galaxian.

"Maze Master" - Clear Marathon Play

Pac-Man World Re-Pac has a total of 36 maze stages. 6 for each area, of which 2-3 are unlocked from levels by finding the keys and doors. The rest are unlocked by completing the game. After completing all 36 mazes you unlock the marathon play feature - This is a playthrough of that mode. All 36 maze stages back to back.

Good luck everyone. Keep trying on RETRO GAMER! Dont give up!

Edited by Ben-Gun
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, SolidDiablo said:

Lol, I meant in marathon mode do you only have 3 lives like the regular mazes, or do you have infinite?  I don't see anything indicating 3 lives.

It uses however many lives you have in the main game. So ideally, you want to have 99 lives from the Invincible trophy before starting marathon mode.