available in top gun maverick edition of ac7?

4 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

No, the remastered AC5 is no longer available to buy in any form since the deluxe edition was replaced by the Top Gun edition.

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/74352-game-is-still-available-through-deluxe-edition/?do=findComment&comment=2562777

ah, sad times. i wanted to trophy hunt the game ?. oh well i guess there is always retro achivments if they do it

oh well guess i just get a physical ac7 because i prefer physical to digital

Both games are the property of Bandai-Namco. There shouldn't be any licence problem to made it available to buy on the PSN if they already cleared the plane licences for the pre-orders.

And this isn't just the PS2 iso played through Sony's proprietary emulator. This is a native port with full HD wildscreen support, voice-over language choice and a few more upgrades. It must have cost some money to produce and yet it was only made available to so few people...

And this isn't the only time a remaster was such an exclusive pre-order bonus. The PS4 version of Princess Crown was exclusive to the 13 Sentinels pre-orders in Japan.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tetho_mig said:

Both games are the property of Bandai-Namco. There shouldn't be any licence problem to made it available to buy on the PSN if they already cleared the plane licences for the pre-orders.

And this isn't just the PS2 iso played through Sony's proprietary emulator. This is a native port with full HD wildscreen support, voice-over language choice and a few more upgrades. It must have cost some money to produce and yet it was only made available to so few people...

And this isn't the only time a remaster was such an exclusive pre-order bonus. The PS4 version of Princess Crown was exclusive to the 13 Sentinels pre-orders in Japan.

true but you never know with these companies 

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, serrated-banner9 said:

yeah. but i don't think they can because of license

I think Namco got around this issue by making AC5 (and AC6 for the AC7's XB1 port) a "free" pre-order bonus. Getting a license renewed wouldn't be required if "technically" the game isn't making money for them as a free add-on. I suspect that's why these bonuses weren't advertised when I was seeing launch advertisements. I remember installing AC7 and seeing AC5 pop-up out of nowhere and surprised me when the download started.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2024 at 2:23 AM, altStrafe said:

I think Namco got around this issue by making AC5 (and AC6 for the AC7's XB1 port) a "free" pre-order bonus. Getting a license renewed wouldn't be required if "technically" the game isn't making money for them as a free add-on.

Correct, the brand producer has said in interviews that the games can "only be pre-order bonuses" which indicates it's to get around the licensing issue. They probably figured AC5 and AC6 wouldn't sell enough to justify re-licensing all of those aircraft.