Coop dead?

patrahn

Sadly, the multiplayer (co-op/PvP) for the PS5 version never gained the volume of players as the PS3 version. Personally, I had over 3,000 online session on the original Demon's Souls, so I didn't put nearly as much time into the new version.

It's an amazing game, but in the time since DS released, we've seen Dark Souls (5 different games), Bloodborne, Sekiro and a dozen more sOuLs LiKes, so the concentration of players has gone from a single title (PS3 Demon's Souls...aka, Best Souls) and spread across many other titles.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

Sadly, the multiplayer (co-op/PvP) for the PS5 version never gained the volume of players as the PS3 version. Personally, I had over 3,000 online session on the original Demon's Souls, so I didn't put nearly as much time into the new version.

It's an amazing game, but in the time since DS released, we've seen Dark Souls (5 different games), Bloodborne, Sekiro and a dozen more sOuLs LiKes, so the concentration of players has gone from a single title (PS3 Demon's Souls...aka, Best Souls) and spread across many other titles.

Gamers disperse and concentrate around different games all the time. The real reason why servers are dying unneccesarily early is because of the PS+ paywall which is significantly cutting down the online community.

I got the 2 trophies but there is another problem now. I want to boost my char tendency to white for the ring but cannot find my boost ,,partners“ with password etc. I’m in body form and the other one could see my shadow but there was no invasion. Level gaps shouldn’t be relevant because of the password. Does someone have a tip?

50 minutes ago, patrahn said:

I got the 2 trophies but there is another problem now. I want to boost my char tendency to white for the ring but cannot find my boost ,,partners“ with password etc. I’m in body form and the other one could see my shadow but there was no invasion. Level gaps shouldn’t be relevant because of the password. Does someone have a tip?

It doesn't seem to be discussed anywhere but my partner and I only seemed to have success once we made sure we were both on the same server so maybe give that a try? Even then, with a password, we'd still get invaded by random people instead of each other so yeah the system isn't great but it didn't take long once we managed to find each other

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 5:55 AM, JediKnight_327 said:

Gamers disperse and concentrate around different games all the time. The real reason why servers are dying unneccesarily early is because of the PS+ paywall which is significantly cutting down the online community.

I doubt PS+ is the reason

PS5s are still very hard to get. the 3 PS3 stacks combined have almost 5 times the amount of owners as the PS5 version (at least according to psnp stats)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I doubt PS+ is the reason

I'm pretty sure the actual reason is most of us veteran Demon's Souls players already put a decade worth of time into the original. Combine that with the absolute fuck-load of souls-likes, and you realize the saturation of the genre over the past 13 years has diluted player interest and spread it across dozens of titles.

You can probably make an argument for the scarcity of the PS5, but I think the major factor is players have more ARPG options these days and the novelty of the Souls formula isn't as impactful as it was in 2009.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can do both online trophies easily at lvl 18.

For co-op place your blue sign next to the Tower Knight fog gate. You will get summoned in a few minutes.

For invasions go to Stonefang Smithing Grounds and use your black stone. You will find players in 5 sec.

It's that easy. I just tested it.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

For invasions, the Old Monk is still summoning folks like crazy. Further, use a black stone. The blue stone will likely get you summoned by an ally (who will then get killed before you ever make it to the monk).

I too had trouble being summoned at the Flamelurker, though I did get 4 or 5 summons there. But last night, everyone and their brother seemed to be invading, or co-op-ing (I'm level 104 now, BTW).