Can't download save file from online storage

SarcalogosVermis

Hi, I've just finished my first Bloodborne playthrough, as per the trophy guide I saved my progress to online storage before triggering the endgame. Only I cannot download it back? Every time I try I get the same message - 'cannot download (CE-33116-4).' I'd stupidly deleted the save progress from my console after uploading it because I didn't count on this being a problem. I've got enough free storage space on my console, and I've rebuilt the database from safe mode, taken from a fix I saw in a Youtube video. But that hasn't worked either. I enjoyed the game but I've got a backlog of others to start so I was hoping to skip further NG+ cycles, plus I'd spent time collecting all the weapons and outfits - including those from the DLC - in my run and I'd rather not have to do that all over again.

Anyone have any advice or ideas? Many thanks.

EDIT: It may be a time issue. Saw a post on reddit stating that some save data cannot be downloaded within 24 hours of it being uploaded to the cloud. Will hope for the best and try again tomorrow!

Edited by SarcalogosVermis

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

One of the possible fixes I've seen before is restoring your licenses. Could give that a shot

Thanks, I gave that a go. It's worked before when some DLC I'd downloaded was suddenly unavailable, but sadly it didn't work for this.

I'm wondering whether the save data is possibly corrupted. The download always stops at 33mb out of 37mb which is when the error message pops up.

I wouldn't mind as much if the system gave details as to why it's failing and/or provided a troubleshooting option. Just simply getting an error message with the only option being to click ok to accept it without explanation is maddening.

• 8 months later...

Hmm. I didn't have that issue, I can download save from cloud, but I couldn't start the game. So, what I did is started a New game came to the first lamp-bonfire and quit the game. After that, I continued to play normally. I hope you fixed your issue.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2023 at 1:13 PM, Kruno21 said:

Hmm. I didn't have that issue, I can download save from cloud, but I couldn't start the game. So, what I did is started a New game came to the first lamp-bonfire and quit the game. After that, I continued to play normally. I hope you fixed your issue.

Sadly not, the save file was corrupted so I ended up starting from scratch on a new playthrough. I went back and collected all the weapons and outfits again, including everything from the Old Hunters DLC. The only thing I didn't repeat was the chalice dungeons - at least not the first mandatory cursed dungeon. I'd already got the trophy for beating Yharnam but didn't want to put myself through fighting the Watchdog of the Old Lords with my HP halved again. That fight gave me more trouble than the Orphan of Kos (whom I actually managed to beat on my third attempt prior to my issue which prompted this thread, my subsequent playthrough took a few more tries).

• Like 1