This shovelware spam is making trophy hunting less fun

Pots3k

2 minutes ago, coldish-pride5 said:

I didn’t read it dude, “sorry”, not entirely is the answer, the games were a means to an end, I did play some games like 35 mm that I loved, lots of great individual moments in multiple games, buggy games are rank, I just wanted the badge, I don’t see a point to the leaderboard as you can’t get to number 1.

Did you find any of those games challenging/enjoyable at all?

I accidently bought Space Explorers Red Planet not realizing it was a shovelware game and it wasn't particularly good by any means.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

20 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

I didn’t even bother to read it since jumpforce isn’t unattainable anyway lol

It started with jumpforce and ended with getting a blow job from his gay friend....what even, went from 0 to 100%% in 5 sentences.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

Actually the two planet games were easy and enjoyable and good artwork compared to the church games, I would like to think these companies are evolving into blockbusters with all the money (collectively) they earn, the engine games are good as well, arcade games I still struggle with, jumping on ropes through the spikes etc, fcking hate them, I have a new found respect for games that I like and will put more work into them, I’ve got to come down from guides as well, ibaddriver and nodegamers were a   Daily staple, free roaming I used to love and miss that, guides are constraining 

Edited by coldish-pride5
My eyes hurt

1 hour ago, coldish-pride5 said:

It’s not a coincidence that the bulk of players with a higher number of threads are the lowest in the rankings, “play some games”!, if you judge somebody then you create conflict, I could be of the opinion that if your not in the top 1000 in the rankings then you shouldn’t be txting me!, the reality of the leaderboard is if you’re not number 1 then you’re last, and there’s only one number 1 on here, you guys want to create an environment that suits your budget and time and principals etc, we all ticked the same box agreeing to the T&C’s. You should just get along otherwise you could put people off joining the site, genuinely for the recocord I plugged the fact I EARNED my platinum badge and boosted my views (thnx). It didn’t go all to plan though, I didn’t know I my real PlayStation dashboard would freeze, 

God that's the most childish, obnoxious and condescending thing I read/heard this week and about something that only you care, the fact that you are so volatile towards everyone speaks more about you than others, it's like you are trying your best to be the Regina George of the forums, go have fun with your stack stack button button press games.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 3

Jeez I can’t believe this thread has so man replies in such a short space of time. Just enjoy what you want. If people want to play cheap and fast games then who cares? If they don’t then also who cares? So many people taking things personal and so serious over a few trophies

• Like 3

I pretty just said fuck it, don't even care anymore about the leaderboards, don't really bother getting plats much either. Got 500 plats and I was happy with that. And especially after seeing my world rank go from 1000 to nearly 2000, more reason to not care and just focus on having fun. I'd easily be top 900 on the world if the ezpz spam didn't exist, but oh well. I can have fun just playing everything I wanna play and not looking at leaderboards. 

Had fun with the leaderboards before but not anymore.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

What is this badge anyways?

You’ve mentioned it a lot - this is something from PSN? Or here on the site?

It's a Badge of Honor which you receive from the Queen after obtaining 1000 platinums.

It's like being crowned to a Sir irl.

In gaming it is the highest accomplishment you can achieve. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, coldish-pride5 said:

There’s ten badges to collect, I just wanted it really bad, NEXT! 

What do you mean? Where? On PsN?

What was that one for?

and what are the other nine?

…I don’t have a clue what this is, and haven’t heard of collectible badges related to trophies before…

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I am not surprised so many people are experiencing a sort of dissatisfaction or burnout seeing those "red numbers" next to their name when they see their profile. But these days, even playing hardcore for 100 hours a week on games you love playing, you are never going to "win" against multiple stacks of 5-10 min games.

So may as well just give up. It's honestly best to not even worry about it anyway, and just carry on playing games for fun.

This is precisely why I couldn't care less about my leaderboard position, or anyone else's.  Never have, never will.

Even if I didn't have a job and could therefore sit at home playing for 12 hours a day (or longer) (*), I could never actually spend that much time playing games.  I would never want to, and doing so for even one day would make me question what the hell I was doing.  I do just play games for fun, and for a little friendly competition with some friends, but my leaderboard position has never been something I've cared about.  And if I don't care about it, then no one else does, either.

(*) - Of course, if I didn't have a job, then I wouldn't be able to sit at home playing for 12 hours a day, because I wouldn't have a home which is paid for by my job!

10 hours ago, enaysoft said:

At least people like Hakoom and Ikemenzi have "Guinness Records" certificates to their name along the way for achieving certain milestones along the way, so that's something to be proud of, I guess?

Is it, though? :P

7 minutes ago, Aodir said:

In case you're actually wondering...

50431685671_f65786458b_h.jpg

I was actually wondering-

is that on PSN itself?

I can’t actually see it shown anywhere on the PSN app - but I’m not on my console at the moment - I hadn’t actually noticed that before - though I’ve probably had the same one since they changed to the new numbering system.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

Games are meant to be played for fun. You don't get anything being top of the leaderboards. 

Play what you want. 

If you want to be competitive in something join a club/sport. 

A rich person who can spend all day playing games will always be ahead of everybody else no matter what games they play. 

A person who buys a PlayStation today will never be anywhere near the top of the leaderboards when people have been trophy hunting since the ps3. 

Literally no point arguing about it. 

Have fun playing games or join a competitive club with actual rewards. 

• Like 2