I really didn't hate this game.

ShadowMan12034

I'm with you on liking the game. It's the most fun I've had with games that came out this year. It didn't innovate or do anything new but really made it feel like it was picking up Saints Row: The Third back in the day. Really looking forward to what the expansion pass brings.

• Like 2

Never played a saints row game so I can't compare. Got to agree what I'm playing I'm enjoying. There's some brainless repeatable stuff but most open world games these days have that. It's fun for what it is. Only thing I hate atm is getting those challenges trophy completed, last trophy I need

• Like 1

I've played all of the saints game and while this dropped slot of the outlandish goodness for more realistic stuff I feel it's definitely still a saints row and better than the 4th for sure this game feels more like they wanted to start fresh but keep the life blood intact and honestly I'm loving it the only gripes I have so far is random stuff being random lol go figure I need the police truck to carjack for a challenge and the only time I even see the bloody things when I'm in trouble and can't carjack it lol 

• Like 1

I'm really enjoying the game and so far this is the best game I have played this year and out of the Saints Row games that I have played (the third, IV and gat out of hell) this is right now on top (IMHO). This of course could change the further I get but right know I only enjoy the game more and more.

• Like 2

Best thing you can do and what I learned in the past years is to ignore other oppinions and most importantly the Reviews. In the end no one except YOU must like the game. There are so muchj Examples where I dont buy the game and later I loved it just because I heard on some idiots who want to make the game bad. I have Fun as well with the new Saints Row but I also be glad if I have the platinum. Its really really buggy

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Best thing you can do and what I learned in the past years is to ignore other oppinions and most importantly the Reviews. In the end no one except YOU must like the game. There are so muchj Examples where I dont buy the game and later I loved it just because I heard on some idiots who want to make the game bad. I have Fun as well with the new Saints Row but I also be glad if I have the platinum. Its really really buggy

I mean even if you enjoyed it, I still don't think this thing is worth full price at all. Better to wait a few months and get it patched and less than half the price.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

I tend to agree with the sentiment that people do tend to blindly follow reviews and first impressions too much and that's how they formulate their own opinion on the game. "These people said it's bad therefore I think it's bad too even though I haven't played it". That's very much the case it seems with this game. The reviews of this game are mostly mediocre and it looks like many people seem to think mediocrity means terrible which I disagree with entirely. From my own experience, games that get bad receptions are almost never as bad as what people say and there have been more games I've played that have gotten rave reviews that I didn't like at all. It's made me more skeptical of positive reviews more than anything because the current status quo of what people believe constitutes a good game or not is so off base from what I personally believe makes a good game. Gamers these days seem to care more about graphics and performance more than anything when I couldn't care less about those things. As long as both those things are good enough and it doesn't affect gameplay too much, it's fine by me. I just want to play fun games that have fun gameplay, this is where I fundamentally disagree with the modern gamer consensus and likely why I don't like most modern games because they cater to that crowd and not my style. 

Video games are interactive experiences, you have to play them first hand to get the true experience and one persons experience won't necessarily be the same as somebody else's. People say the trailer was terrible. When I watched it, it just looked like another typical Saints Row game to me. Right in line with the silliness of where IV and Gat Out of Hell left off. Nothing special, just a fun, silly game to play and pass the time. I haven't played it yet but I have bought it, not going to arrive until Thursday, so I'll see for myself soon enough. I can tell already it won't be a game I hate at the very least. Worst case scenario, I'll find it just okay but that's what my expectations were already to begin with for a game like Saints Row. 

Reviews and general first impressions do hold value though, I just don't believe it should be the entire reason people choose to play or not play certain games. Dying Light 2 also got pretty mediocre reviews and some bad reception. To me, that game is my current Game of the Year quite easily over the rest of the drivel that has come out this year so far. Dying Light 2 is a great game that I had a lot of fun with but if I blindly followed the reviews and general consensus of it, I probably would have never played it. 

• Like 1

I (kinda) agree with you. Some people act lile Volition took a dump in their breakfast.. The game is far from perfect (They do have QA at Volition, do they?) Had crashes, wingsuit issues and controls froze on me.. BUT

I enjoy playing the game. Not every game will be 'god's gift to gaming'.. 

I loved it so much that I genuinely couldn't put it down. Not a lot of games do that for me. As for the franchise, the only game this doesn't beat for me is Saints Row 2—I like this more than the others, though. The story lampshades how stupid it is, and it's back to being grounded in reality like 2 and 3 were. Game honestly feels like it took the best parts of 2 and 3 and mixed them together, and people only give it the amount of vitriol they give it because they were expecting Saints Row 2: Part II. It isn't happening. Move on.

My primary complaints about the game are how short the story is and the bugs. It never glitched on me as bad as it did for other people...except the wingsuit challenges. The Wing It challenge needs to become a priority for the patch department because holy BALLS it is SO BROKEN.

• Like 3

I'm enjoying the game as well, I love that the writers don't take themselves too seriously and that even the characters are aware of how ridiculous everything is and poke fun at some of the unrealistic parts in the story.

That's exactly the kind of "dumb" game I need right now after an exhausting and draining work day.

The writing was too much cringe for me so I had to put the volume to 0 for dialogue because it eventually went from dieing of cringe to being really pissed off with it. The shooting was horrible and boring it’s a shame because if they made cooler wacky weapons and shooting enemies more fun then this would’ve been great because I enjoyed the story missions themselves. Game looked and ran great at 4k/UHD. 

• Like 1

IMO the gunplay is awful in this game. Super bullet spongey enemies that have invincibility frames on dodges that they perform constantly. They try and compensate for the lack of variety or interesting gameplay by just throwing hundreds of enemies at you as well. 

In one of the taco truck stealing missions I actually counted, I killed 78 enemies. 78 people who were willing to die to stop me stealing a taco truck. 

It probably sounds like I'm some pacifist who hates violence in games, which isn't the case, It just starts to mean nothing when they throw that many enemies at you every single mission. 

• Like 1

Paul Tassi (who is an excellent video game correspondent) did an article that was basically the exact same sentiment:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/08/23/saints-row-is-actually-better-than-youve-heard-for-saints-row-fans/?sh=259332a2166f

It's not an amazing game, but it's basically what I was expecting from it. It's enjoyable.