The Long Dark Roadmap for Faithful Cartographer & The Will to Live

HaserPL

• 1 month later...
On 30.8.2022 at 0:17 PM, HaserPL said:

- Happy Harvester

Harvest 25 of each kind of plant (single game). There are four types of natural medicines: rose hip, old man's beard lichens, reishi mushrooms, and birch (not the one you have to cut down, the one found on the ground as a little piece of bark). All of them heal in a different way, but you will need to heal once with all of them for the trophy to pop. Medicine made from plants will never spoil! Do note that you don't need to collect Birch Bark 25 times for the trophy, just the other three.

cat tail plant counts towards happy harvester trophy. I got the trophy while collecting a cat tail plant. 

1 hour ago, Messknecht said:

cat tail plant counts towards happy harvester trophy. I got the trophy while collecting a cat tail plant. 

But it's not required, which is weird, even the wiki says it lol.

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

Incredible work. Will definitely be using this when I finally get back to this game. Thanks for the hard work!

that's just a half-assed guide I did while working on the plat myself. working on a proper trophy guide but the new dlc announced made me stop and wait for the release, as it may have some major changes to the game.

• 2 months later...

This is a super helpful thread! Thanks for taking the time to write up this guide. Even though not many people have read this, I’m sure this information will prove invaluable to the few who do go for this one.

This game landed on my radar a few months back, and I keep looking it up every so often and mulling it over on whether or not I should pick it up. It looks like a pain in the ass to platinum, but the game itself looks like a wonderful and relaxing experience, and I’ve enjoyed watching gameplay videos. If anything was holding me back it would definitely be those 2 trophies so I appreciate all the information and resources. Cheers man.

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is a super helpful thread! Thanks for taking the time to write up this guide. Even though not many people have read this, I’m sure this information will prove invaluable to the few who do go for this one.

This game landed on my radar a few months back, and I keep looking it up every so often and mulling it over on whether or not I should pick it up. It looks like a pain in the ass to platinum, but the game itself looks like a wonderful and relaxing experience, and I’ve enjoyed watching gameplay videos. If anything was holding me back it would definitely be those 2 trophies so I appreciate all the information and resources. Cheers man.

Thanks, appreciate it. I'm actually writing a proper trophy guide, and it should be done this month. Maybe it won't take too long to be published by the guide team so stay tuned.

• Like 1

Wow, this is impressive. When I 100%d Don't starve, I was 'starving' for more survival games, got this game and it was sooo frustrating and hard that I left it be, it's been some years since then.

I want to think that one day I'll retake it.

1 minute ago, Ekir said:

Wow, this is impressive. When I 100%d Don't starve, I was 'starving' for more survival games, got this game and it was sooo frustrating and hard that I left it be, it's been some years since then.

I want to think that one day I'll retake it.

To be honest? You can make the platinum (at least the sandbox part) 3/10 if you set your world to correct settings and utilize save backups. Story is very easy just a bit boring, and challenges are 5/10 max. They may seem daunting but they are very doable. It's just a huge time sink that's all. Took me 143h to get 100% and I have already known every single strategy and way to make the plat as efficient as possible. For someone new, it's 200h+ easily.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Thanks, appreciate it. I'm actually writing a proper trophy guide, and it should be done this month. Maybe it won't take too long to be published by the guide team so stay tuned.

That’s awesome! I will definitely keep at eye out for it. Good luck with the publishing. ?

• Like 1