LEGO Brawls trophy thoughts

MidnightDragon

50 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Is the $40 a deluxe edition preorder or something? I looked it up and it is indeed supposed to be F2P on all platforms, but also doesn't actually release until Sept. 2nd.

Amazon lists a standard edition for 39,99$.

On Steam I do not see a price atm.

So, waiting until 02 September seems to be a good option.

• Like 1

I’d be fine with a no-plat list like this if LEGO Brawls were a F2P title but for a $70 (Australian Dollar) game that can be completed in less than half an hour made evident by this player’s timestamps from two days before release?

765.jpg

Unless LEGO Brawls ends up on PS Plus Essential during a given month or for Extra or Deluxe/Premium tier members, I can’t see myself going anywhere near this game.

• Like 2

You can do every trophy in local free-for-brawl with 2 controllers. Set to no AI characters, 1 life and Ninjago map and then jump off the cliff with 2nd character 20 times. You'll be done in about 20 mins.

If you play legit, 5 victories in a row takes a bit of a luck (you'll need a good team and I recommend avoiding free-for-brawls, since 1/2 chance becomes 1/8, focusing on bot enemies also helps to rack up points) and 20 top brawlers might feel a bit of a grind, but still should not take more than 4-5 hours.

If you'll have patience to play for that long, that is. The game is fun, but not all that deep (simple mechanics, differences between characters and abilities are mainly visual, lackluster audio) and gets repetitive fairly quickly. There are also some network issues with lag (appearing/disappearing enemies, obvious hits missing, obvious misses hitting, etc). Hopefully those will be fixed soon.

Edited by kmarsu
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

I'm probably gonna get the last two trophies today. With the 2 controller method, it's probably a 1/10 difficulty. Without it, I would wager a 2-3/10. Maybe a 4 if you struggle or get really unlucky with online players.

It's weird that a $40 game that has a physical release has no platinum. Are there any other PS4 or PS5 physical games without a platinum? The PS3/PS4 physical release of The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Walking Dead Michonne is all that comes to mind to me.