Getting taken off the leaderboard but still track trophies and use Sessions

1 hour ago, Tristan1427 said:

Will I still be able to join boosting sessions and update my list every now and then ? 

Not if you make your profile private. Since the games would be "hidden", you wouldn't have the option to create/join sessions, nor would you be able to view your trophies on PSNP.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tristan1427 said:

Will I still be able to join boosting sessions and update my list every now and then ? 

As Daiv has said you won't be able to join boosting sessions, however you could just do what I do and message the host over PSN instead :)  (If their privacy settings block you, just PM them on here).

I hope you find a solution <3 

Gaming should be fun, not a burden. 

I experienced this myself, and i took a very conscious decision to roll back on "hunting" trophies, and just select a few games, and really play them and enjoy my time with them. 

So the last month or 2, i have got maybe 6-9 trophies, i dont even know, and i dont care. If they pop, they pop. 

When FIFA 23 comes later this month, im hoping all in for the platinum, and then i take a break again, if i feel the "hunter" in me again. I don't want trophies to control me or what i play, i wanna play for fun, and have trophies as a fun way to push me to finish a game i love. 

• Like 1

I had similar struggles a while back. What worked for me was to figure 

out what i enjoy the most about Gaming (which wasnt easy) and then slowly adding

more Weight in that Direction and start cutting the parts i dont enjoy.

Now i feel happy playing Games again like i used to on Ps3

I’m happier off the leaderboards for now by setting my profile to friends only, it served its purpose for a while but cheaters / hackers and Easy plats have ruined its credibility.

If your worries about boosting sessions , use social media groups or pm people here if you know they are playing the same game :)

Give yourself credit for what you’ve achieved not what achievements others may have.

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2022 at 1:16 PM, Tristan1427 said:

Is it possible to remove myself off the leaderboard and then come back at a later time ? I know I shouldn’t but I’ve been mentally struggling about where I rank and whatnot and it’s been getting to me and yeah I’m aware it sounds silly 

My advice would be to just set your profile to private for a few days, a week or however long it stretches. I do it a few times a year it is a nice head space cleaner and you might be surprised how little this rankings and random percentages really interest you as the time goes by. I would hazard a guess that your problem is not chasing the boards but rather balancing the games you want to play. You clearly enjoy the big games and it is easy to lose 100s of hours a year in them. Those sort of games are not about completion percentages or leaderboard places they are about the games and the enjoyment of losing yourself in their worlds. If you can make a mental shift from the arbitrary number placed on your account to seeing your profile as a personal challenge against yourself to play everything you want to the degree you want then you will find some great value in this site. If for no other reason it is the best way to track your library as that is definitely the biggest problem with a private profile, actually knowing what the fuck you have played and own. If you are in a position too you should also look into a Switch or Xbox. There is no better way to avoid or break trophy paralysis than splitting your time across systems where the metagame holds no real interest for you. Besides there are so many amazing RPGs and JRPGs out there you won't have time to worry about anything but playing the awesome games when you carve out time to game. I wish you luck, happy gaming it is a great hobby.

48 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Whooooo the fucking, whoooooo the fucking, whooooo the fucking hell are youuuuu

Edit: It's a football chant, harmless joke

Thought you were doing a ric flair impression tbf

Set to friends only , that way those on your list will see your progress and not for public viewing though I think @Sly Ripper should introduce an option where friends only means you can see your profile on here without being on the rankings and others can’t see your trophies like private settings do.

Edited by amurnin100

To the OP, I would make your profile private. I did that recently and it gave me such a breather from the morons on here who think they can be horrible to someone for what they play. You won’t be able to see the leaderboard - out of sight, out of mind. My only other advice is to set your own goals and not hold yourself against other people’s standards. I find it a lot More fulfilling to reach my personal goals and not give a toss what anyone else is doing. It’s liberating! Chin up Mr ?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Thought you were doing a ric flair impression tbf

Set to friends only , that way those on your list will see your progress and not for public viewing though I think @Sly Ripper should introduce an option where friends only means you can see your profile on here without being on the rankings and others can’t see your trophies like private settings do.

I still vouch for choice in participating on the leaderboards. I think it would be used by quite a few people including me.

But next to this site never updating (so dont expect anything from it), I do see some downside in having that option been avaliable.

There is also the option of our superhero @HusKy coding in a few lines of code so that the leaderboard rank doesnt show. Just ignore the leaderboard all together and you are good to go.

However I Found it funny though that Daiv as a moderator already tagged husky. As in might as well get husky the voluntary coder involved instead of the site owner that needs to fix issues. :P

2 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

I still vouch for choice in participating on the leaderboards. I think it would be used by quite a few people including me.

But next to this site never updating (so dont expect anything from it), I do see some downside in having that option been avaliable.

There is also the option of our superhero @HusKy coding in a few lines of code so that the leaderboard rank doesnt show. Just ignore the leaderboard all together and you are good to go.

However I Found it funny though that Daiv as a moderator already tagged husky. As in might as well get husky the voluntary coder involved instead of the site owner that needs to fix issues. :P

If Husky is keeping the site going (through extensions rather than updates) and Sly is receiving the revenue though the sites traffic , seems hardly fair but bravo @HusKy ????

But that’s a debate for another day :)

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 11:16 PM, Tristan1427 said:

Is it possible to remove myself off the leaderboard and then come back at a later time ? I know I shouldn’t but I’ve been mentally struggling about where I rank and whatnot and it’s been getting to me and yeah I’m aware it sounds silly 

On 8/30/2022 at 11:29 PM, Tristan1427 said:

Do you primarily use the site on a mobile OS/mobile browser or a desktop OS? I can post instructions for you to block the Rank elements and still use the site as normal.

All the unhelpful "Just hide your profile" comments are completely ignoring that you still want to join sessions and track trophies and are simply asking for a way to not see the ranks.

6 minutes ago, Bumperklever said:

A simple element blocker is exactly inline with what PSNP+ is already doing and I didn't know if it was already a function. It's not quite what you're making it out to be. If PSNP+ doesn't already do it, I'll just post instructions for exactly what the requestor is asking for using an ad blocker.

• Like 4