September 2022 PS+ Essential games lineup

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate September 2022's PS+ Essential's lineup  

237 members have voted

1. 1. Rate September 2022's PS+ Essential's lineup

2. 2. Which game are you most interested in?

• Need for Speed Heat
    • TOEM
    • Granblue Fantasy: Versus

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Judging by the same poll around 70% think the selection is average-great.

Water-glass.jpg

Average it is then we both lose. We all lose because Sony are cheap and don't want to give us something better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Average it is then we both lose. We all lose because Sony are cheap and don't want to give us something better.

I got 2 games I like the looks of, including one I would almost certainly have paid for eventually, for free. :dunno:

I don't feel like a loser.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I got 2 games I like the looks of, including one I would almost certainly have paid for eventually, for free. :dunno:

I don't feel like a loser.

Good for you it's still average judging by the poll. Never called you a loser? I said we lose because the plus games are more often than not, shit.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

I already own NFS Heat but that is probably still the best offering for me.  I need to go back and finish the game but can now sell my physical copy for a few bucks on eBay.

TOEM I might play at some point to experience it, but not likely anytime soon.

And Granblue?  I couldn’t get through the trailer.  Looked like a cartoon I wouldn’t have been interested in even at the age of 8.

Edited by djb5f

7 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Never called you a loser? I said we lose because the plus games are more often than not, shit.

No, actually you called all of us losers.

You know that the countable Noun of the verb "Lose", is "Loser", right?

I was just pointing out that I don't feel like one, but I can only speak for myself, I suppose.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

No, actually you called all of us losers.

You know that the countable Noun of the verb "Lose", is "Loser", right?

I was just pointing out that I don't feel like one, but I can only speak for myself, I suppose.

Er, no I said we lose. To lose does not necessarily mean you are a loser all the time do you understand that?

Edit: I'm done playing Word games later. Enjoy your games glad you like them.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

So, is PS+ Essential what I call the "basic" tier? That is, I assume these are the "free" games?

In any case, not interesting for me. I had some hope for Granblue Fantasy: Versus. Although I suck at fighters, I did enjoy playing BattleFantasia years ago. But I'm not keen on requiring DLC to get a plat (taking the truth of the OP at face value). I can't believe there are 24 Need for Speed titles. I've never played a single one, so naturally, that's not exciting. The photography game does sound cool, but as I've mentioned often...I have no PS5.

3 hours ago, XchocomanX said:

Lol i bought the physical edition of Granblue 2 weeks ago -_-

LOL yeah you did!! I even asked you about it. Damn that's tough lol

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, is PS+ Essential what I call the "basic" tier? That is, I assume these are the "free" games?

Yes that's correct. 

Also, I think it's a good idea to have a poll up for the months of the plus lineups. Good move to add that. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Deathloop, Watch Dogs 2 and Xenoverse 2 are part of Ps+ Premium this month

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/31/playstation-plus-monthly-games-and-game-catalog-lineup-for-september-revealed/

I have absolutely no regrets dropping the extra/premium tier.

After initial excitement for some classic games with the promise of trophies, it seems to have moved exclusively into the realm of dumping older games onto the extra list (which is fine, but I can just upgrade my basic tier for the last three months again to play a year's worth of these).

TOEM is cute, short, and decidedly alright. The $12 I paid for it felt about right, but $0 is definitely better. It feels like the kind of game that would have been on Plus back in 2016-ish when smaller titles were the norm. Not great, but I can't fathom how its metacritic user score is that low unless it's been review bombed to hell.

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

TOEM is cute, short, and decidedly alright. The $12 I paid for it felt about right, but $0 is definitely better. It feels like the kind of game that would have been on Plus back in 2016-ish when smaller titles were the norm. Not great, but I can't fathom how its metacritic user score is that low unless it's been review bombed to hell.

It's got a 10/10 on Steam apparently, so I'd guess that's just a case of Metacritic being Metacritic.

14 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I have absolutely no regrets dropping the extra/premium tier.

After initial excitement for some classic games with the promise of trophies, it seems to have moved exclusively into the realm of dumping older games onto the extra list (which is fine, but I can just upgrade my basic tier for the last three months again to play a year's worth of these).

I bought 3 years of Now when it was still available so I have the highest tier until it expires in 2025

i imagine a lot of people did something similar 

Granblue is a very nice surprise, always wanted to play it. Too bad you need the DLCs to get the platinum though.

NFS Heat is also pretty good.

2 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

It needs a ''none'' choice in second poll. Awful month.

Last year we had Hitman 2, Overcooked and Predator Hunting Grounds

I mean, to each their own. But  I really don't see how anyone could consider

-An excelent fighting game from the creators of Guilty Gear

-A decent racing game (arguably the best arcade racer available on PS4)

-A nice indie title

A worse lineup than

- A mediocre multplayer only shooter (with a dead playerbase)

- A kitchen sim locked to only PS5 players

- A niche stealth title without a huge chunk of its content