PS4->PS5

Suntropology

Hey peoples,

on monday finally i was able to grab a PS5, with that some questionmarks popping up :D

the Ascent is one Game now delivering a PS4 and PS5 Version, so i can choose.

I started the Game on PS4 some weeks ago, stopped playing, coz some harsh Lags and crashes.

Finally i would finish it in the commin' days or weeks, do i need to install the PS4 Version now to continue on the PS5,

or can i install the PS5 Version (hopefully not that buggy), is it the same Set on Trophies?

Or is it a possibility to double Platin the Game in the PS4 and PS5 Version? (that would be strange)

Right now i'm not sure and won't open up a second Trophieset in the same Game...

thx in advance :)

In Case this question was asked before, i pretty sure it was and i missed it, don't judge me pls...

3 hours ago, DaivRules said:

No games will share a trophy list between PS4 and PS5, they will always be separate. 

Then you can check here for the games that auto pop: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/117600-list-of-ps5-auto-popping-trophies/

Thx, so we will have from now on, 1 Second Platinums, correct? OMG Sony...

So after all, i have to install the PS4 Version on my new PS5?? LOL...

But when i install the PS4 Version, i stay on the actuall Trophylist, right?
So it matters the Gameversion and not the platform after all...
This is really strange... :D:D:D

and something went wrong with my privacysettings... LOL

Edited by Suntropology

4 minutes ago, Suntropology said:

Thx, so we will have from now on, 1 Second Platinums, correct? OMG Sony...

Actually, because of how fast PS5 can load data, we have has 0 second platinums since the PS5 launched and some developers chose to implement autopop in their trophies. Sony engineers designed the possibilities, but developers have to choose to implement it.

6 minutes ago, Suntropology said:

But when i install the PS4 Version, i stay on the actuall Trophylist, right?

The PS4 version will continue to progress on the PS4 trophy list as the PS5 list is separate.

and something went wrong with my privacysettings... LOL

That would be your PS5. As long as you didn't select the options along the lines of "Only show my trophies to my friends", once you earn another trophy and your PS5 decides to sync to PSN again, you can type your ID in the box on the main page and everything should show again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Actually, because of how fast PS5 can load data, we have has 0 second platinums since the PS5 launched and some developers chose to implement autopop in their trophies. Sony engineers designed the possibilities, but developers have to choose to implement it.

The PS4 version will continue to progress on the PS4 trophy list as the PS5 list is separate.

That would be your PS5. As long as you didn't select the options along the lines of "Only show my trophies to my friends", once you earn another trophy and your PS5 decides to sync to PSN again, you can type your ID in the box on the main page and everything should show again.

Thanks a lot, im a little smarter now, i thin :D

Will check my Privacy when i'm home, but understand i correctly, in case it's everythin correct, the PS5 will sync first time i get a new one and after that everything will work normally again?

ChEErS

Will check my Privacy when i'm home, but understand i correctly, in case it's everythin correct, the PS5 will sync first time i get a new one and after that everything will work normally again?

It should. But the PS5 occasionally also only syncs your PS5 trophies on occasion and makes it look like all your non-PS5 trophies are hidden. Another sync after that generally clears it up.

PS5 also occasionally pops trophies but doesn't sync them instantly like the PS4 eventually did. https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/98540-trophies-popping-but-not-unlocking-for-some-reason-on-ps5/

None of this is specific to The Ascent, so it's getting quite a bit off topic for being posted in a specific games sub-forum, but seems like questions you'd likely have next so better to just address them now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DaivRules said:

It should. But the PS5 occasionally also only syncs your PS5 trophies on occasion and makes it look like all your non-PS5 trophies are hidden. Another sync after that generally clears it up.

PS5 also occasionally pops trophies but doesn't sync them instantly like the PS4 eventually did. https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/98540-trophies-popping-but-not-unlocking-for-some-reason-on-ps5/

None of this is specific to The Ascent, so it's getting quite a bit off topic for being posted in a specific games sub-forum, but seems like questions you'd likely have next so better to just address them now.

Yeah Sorry for running into Off-Topic :)
But that was helpful... so thanks for that...

perhaps the PS4 Version runs a little smoother on PS5, gonna play it maybe after that again in PS5 Version, wanna see the RT etc. :D:D

So far

ChEErS