The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

6 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

That's really strange. The only thing I can think of is to go into safe mode and try rebuilding the database. You could also pick the "Restore Default Settings" option. It's worth a try at least.

Too much pain to do this =D 

I'd rather stop replying to messages than waiting for this :awesome: 

Was more wondering if it's a common occurrence or just mine and if there is a confirmed solution... 

Welp, time to stop using PS4 :awesome: Not that there is anything more to play :awesome: (But since it has Futaba theme, I can't give up on it :awesome:)

3 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Too much pain to do this =D 

I'd rather stop replying to messages than waiting for this :awesome: 

Was more wondering if it's a common occurrence or just mine and if there is a confirmed solution... 

Welp, time to stop using PS4 :awesome: Not that there is anything more to play :awesome: (But since it has Futaba theme, I can't give up on it :awesome:)

Come now, it doesn't take that long. :P The only time when it comes a pain is if you have a lot of folders set-up. Rebuilding the database on Vita is much more of an annoyance since it randomly scatters your games and apps all over the place. I'm very particular about my bubble placement, you know? :giggle:

Oh yeah, you got the Persona 5 platinum, eh? I guess it really has outlived its usefulness now. Well, until Trails of Cold Steel III arrives that it. Maybe a few others... :P

(Congrats on the plat btw)

5 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Rebuilding the database on Vita is much more of an annoyance since it randomly scatters your games and apps all over the place. I'm very particular about my bubble placement, you know? :giggle:

I never did this :awesome: 

7 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Come now, it doesn't take that long. :P 

I'll let someone else try it :awesome:

It'll be a while before I start non-FF FF to actually use it more often =D

The only time when it comes a pain is if you have a lot of folders set-up.

I... do o.O

Oh yeah, you got the Persona 5 platinum, eh? I guess it really has outlived its usefulness now.

Of course I did, you must have totally missed the readable status :awesome: 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/67539-satoshi-ookami/?status=148042&type=status

And you guide guys are way too slow :awesome: Must be the dub for sure :awesome::awesome: :awesome: It makes so deaf so you can't progress :awesome: 

8 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

(Congrats on the plat btw)

Thanks, all for Futaba! 

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Of course I did, you must have totally missed the readable status :awesome: 

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/profile/67539-satoshi-ookami/?status=148042&type=status

I was too busy not playing Persona 5. :awesome:

10 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

And you guide guys are way too slow :awesome: Must be the dub for sure :awesome::awesome: :awesome: It makes so deaf so you can't progress :awesome: 

Hey, you can't rush perfection! :P Besides, I'll have you know that we're actually making quite good progress on the guide. The majority of it is done. Since I'm the only one working on the max confidant walkthrough though, that's probably gonna take much longer. :P

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I was too busy not playing Persona 5. :awesome:

Brilliant :awesome: 

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The majority of it is done.

The Palace trophies? :awesome: 

Anyway, update. For some reason, today, one of the group messages became normal one once again. Dunno if I start getting notifications now, though.

Other older messages are still as group.

Maybe I'll need you to send me more Futaba pics :awesome: 

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

The Palace trophies? :awesome: 

Well, yes..... :awesome: 

Most of them are going to be re-written though. I've decided to do a mini walkthrough for the Palaces, so yeah, it's probably gonna take a while. I don't want to rush it out before I'm happy with it. If that means it takes a lot longer, than so be it. I'll take your criticism on the chin. :P

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Anyway, update. For some reason, today, one of the group messages became normal one once again. Dunno if I start getting notifications now, though.

Other older messages are still as group.

Maybe I'll need you to send me more Futaba pics :awesome: 

Haha, alright, you asked for it. :awesome:

16 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

If that means it takes a lot longer, than so be it. I'll take your criticism on the chin. :P

Don't worry, I shall criticize it thoughtfully :awesome: 

16 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Haha, alright, you asked for it. :awesome:

I like this :awesome: 

I'M GETTING NOTIFICATIONS AGAIN! 

SASUGA FUTABA-TAN :awesome: 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PS4 Update 4.70

It's that time again, there's a PS4 update today,

But don't get your hopes up for anything special it's just a stability update.

Confirmed by people in the gamespot comments

bimAc8G.png

21 minutes ago, Barriebar17 said:

Has anyone experienced any of these issues?

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-System-Software-Update-v4-70-30-05-16/td-p/25136278#thread-replies

I havent had the chance to update yet myself, but reading about it bricking your system, kind of 'scares' me now. 

No problems at all - always get the updates day-one. These people are stupid - the issues they are having are nothing to do with the update. The guy with corrupted data most likely was 'installing' a game when doing the update so it was only partially complete - a delete and re-install fixes this. The other guy is moaning that his 500GB HDD only has 408gb free - which is correct as it reserves about 10-15% of the space for the extraction of games and for system use etc.....

There is also another guy wearing a tin-foil hat saying not to update over wi-fi if you like your PS4. He obv doens't understand how the update works. Even on wi-fi or Ethernet, it downloads the update in full first, then reboots the console, then installs. it doens't download and install at the same time - so as long as you can download the 370meg file then there is no issues.

I wouldn't worry about people like this tbh - they are scared and paranoid of everything.

Yeah I never have a problem with firmware updates, but I think I ran out of luck this time. My PS4 is laggy as hell in the menus. Plays games just fine.

I might just boot into safe mode and rebuild the database.

EDIT: Rebuilding the database from the safe mode menu worked like a charm. My PS4 is actually running better than even before the newest update :)

Edited by Death_Ninja

14 hours ago, BlindMango said:

4.70 also includes something called "Tournaments" which allows you to "view match results for each player", hmm :dunno:

Maybe the Tournament is meant to be a competition between friends to see whose PS4 did not brick :awesome: 

On more related note, so far, no issues on my updated PS4.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 9:42 PM, Death_Ninja said:

Yeah I never have a problem with firmware updates, but I think I ran out of luck this time. My PS4 is laggy as hell in the menus. Plays games just fine.

I might just boot into safe mode and rebuild the database.

EDIT: Rebuilding the database from the safe mode menu worked like a charm. My PS4 is actually running better than even before the newest update :)

I wish I could go thru with rebuilding database but afterwards I lose all the folders I have my games in because of the external drive setup. It's a pain to redo. Unless that's fixed. Any work around?

4 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I wish I could go thru with rebuilding database but afterwards I lose all the folders I have my games in because of the external drive setup. It's a pain to redo. Unless that's fixed. Any work around?

Not that I know of, I had to redo a lot of my folders as well after the database rebuild.

PS4 Update 4.71

It's that time again, there's a PS4 update. 

But don't get your hopes up for anything special it's just a stability update. 

Although it may help/fix those that were having problems(unconfirmed) 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/22/ps4-update-4-71-and-brings-more-of-the-expected/amp/

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, snakebit10 said:

I seen this new update but knew it wouldn't be anything but stability.

I am thinking by the end of this month or early August we will hear of the next major update.

Hope so! 

I hope they add the option of choosing black or white notifications >< I'm barely holding on with the white ones