The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Does anybody know when 1.70 is coming out? I have just started a YouTube channel and I'm getting the ps4 camera for my birthday on May 14th from the missus so I can post gameplays. But I would love to be able to do a full video edit with intro on the ps4 without putting it on my laptop first, I love the fact you will be able to put video clips onto a USB stick.

Seems since update 1.70 has been downloaded I am getting a lot of errors when viewing my friends list. Is this happening to anyone else?

Some people are, some are having no issues at all. I'm sure Sony will sort it out. On their official forums, they've asked people to post what's happening, so I'm guessing they're starting to look into it.

Edited by DarkStar83x

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-1-70-update-out-now-full-feature-list-revealed/1100-6419309/

The update will bring a new app, SHAREfactory, which allows users to perform basic edits on their captured videos and also save them to an external drive, making uploading to YouTube a lot easier.

An option to turn HDCP off for games will also allow users to use their own capture devices, such as the Elgato Game Capture HD.

The 1.70 update will also bring with it the option to preload games purchased digitally off the PlayStation Store.

Alongside the previously detailed features, Sony has also snuck in the ability to change the brightness of the DualShock 4 light bar: you can now set it to bright, medium, or dim from the settings menu. The touchpad, too, can now be used to zip around the on-screen keyboard.

:yay: Lightbar dimming!