The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

33 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

I'm very disappointed... :( There's nothing I wanted...

Notifications in Quick Menu is a good welcome, though.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

3 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

I'm hesitant to believe them... Especially since Europe wasn't getting the beta correct? 

Well either way, we'll find out

7 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm hesitant to believe them... Especially since Europe wasn't getting the beta correct? 

Well either way, we'll find out

Check the prior page of this thread:

In Europe you were also able to sign-up for the beta.

But seeing those features I wouldn't care at all. It's even less interesting than the prior betas. :| 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Aranea Highwind said:

PS4 firmware betas are not region exclusive. NA, EU and Japan will be participating on this.

35 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Check the prior page of this thread:

In Europe you were also able to sign-up for the beta.

But seeing those features I wouldn't care at all. It's even less interesting than the prior betas. :| 

Ahh ok

I'm still hesitant to believe them. But it's not a terrible update if true, It's not nothing, I personally just want the option to turn notifications back to black lol. 

And I doubt that's the full update if true. 

Why would they even list in the questionnaire, the only question, do you have psnow? Seems too fishy considering it didn't bring up psnow at all. 

Everyone's complaining they "didn't get what they want from 5.0"...

It's not always about the consumer. Sony needs to accommodate the Dev's to.
"boost the viral potential of UGC" More exposure for Dev's means more, and better games.

Plus, the user account changes, quick menu notifications, and bundle/compilation support are wanted.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/08/17/ps4s-system-software-5-00-beta-rolls-out-today-key-features-detailed/

It's... pretty dissapointing!

The only really good option it's the Black/White selection with notifications that many were asking fro since the new ones.

The rest, looks more like a 4.9 since i see tons of Fixing and better updates to already existing stuff and not really new options....

Ok it's an Update but since they're gonna increase the Plus i expected something more.

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2017 at 1:44 AM, EternalChaos72 said:

The only thing that i really really want is a trophy tracker, let's say there in a trophy in X game that you have to kill 50 enemies for the trophy to unlock, I want to see my progress toward that trophy. Xbox already have it why can't we? 

Microsoft changed the architecture of achievements for Xbox One so the progress can be tracked. 

Sony didn't do the same and the trophies are still triggered by the game once the requirement is met, like ON/OFF

Whereas on Xbox One, the system allows to sum one number to the counting system every time a part of the requirement is met and you are able to see the progress in the achievements menu.

Every game has internally this counting system on both consoles (like on PS3 & X360)

Actually some games like Army of Two 40th day, Call of Juarez BiB, Dead island... DISPLAY this counters in-game so the user can see them.

To make this possible on PS4, Sony needs to patch the trophy system on PS4 and tell the devs to trigger the requirements like on Xbox One.

I don't think Sony ever does this, and personally, I don't really care about this.

Edited by charlijaen