The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

Hope so! 

I hope they add the option of choosing black or white notifications >< I'm barely holding on with the white ones

I've kind of got use to the white one's by now. I don't know what else they can add now. I do hope we may finally get the ability to put are game list/trophies in ABC order like you can on PS3. I don't like always having it in most recent played.

1 hour ago, Jigsy1 said:

Has the lastest update (4.71) completely broken the PS4 headphone jack?

Not for me, and I use it for both audio and party chat. 

Do you have another controller to test? 

Ever since the 4.72 update, my PS4 has had some connectivity issues. I've restarted my router and all that, and yet I randomly get dropped out of games, and Sharefactory isn't letting me upload videos. And it's also giving me problems with broadcasting to YouTube.

Edited by jackmadrox

15 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Not for me, and I use it for both audio and party chat. 

Do you have another controller to test? 

No. I restarted the console in the end and that seemed to fix the issue.

How odd...

Upcoming firmware update beta sign up.

You can register to be a beta tester anytime between today and the start of the beta in early August. Users must be 18 years or older. Once the beta starts, we’ll close registration.

Beta testers for our previous major system software update, version 4.50, got an early peek at features like external HDD support, custom wallpapers, Quick Menu refresh, and much more before launch.

If you’re part of the program, you’ll receive an email with instructions on downloading the beta version of the next system software. In order to sign up, you’ll need a PS4 with an internet connection, and access to a Master Account. And remember — you can roll back to the previous system software at any time.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/19/sign-up-for-the-next-ps4-system-software-update-beta-2/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

From the questionnaire it seems it will revolve around Ps Now. 

Which is fine by me sense I have it, but I know a lot don't. 

Interesting to know this.

On the EU-page you just have to enter your PSN-ID and you are added to the pool. Seems like Sony Europe doesn't care, again. xD

Signed up for the beta and I hope that it will have a feature which I really care for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson Idol said:

Interesting to know this.

On the EU-page you just have to enter your PSN-ID and you are added to the pool. Seems like Sony Europe doesn't care, again. xD

Signed up for the beta and I hope that it will have a feature which I really care for.

Hmm that's interesting, maybe it won't revolve around ps now completely.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, BIG_BOSS_305 said:

Any idea when the 5.0 update will drop?

No Idea, I don't even know if the beta began :/

I have psnow which is clearly going to be something with the beta, so either I didn't get in, or it hasn't started. 

I'd personally like to know as well

28 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

No Idea, I don't even know if the beta began :/

I have psnow which is clearly going to be something with the beta, so either I didn't get in, or it hasn't started. 

I'd personally like to know as well

I'm usually always chosen for these beta updates, I don't think it has started because usually i would get an email. 

If this update solely focuses on that PSnow ballocks, then this update will be terrible for me at least. 

Edited by EternalChaos72
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, EternalChaos72 said:

I'm usually always chosen for these beta updates, I don't think it has started because usually i would get an email. 

If this update solely focuses on that PSnow ballocks, then this update will be terrible for me at least. 

It could be cool if its done right, giving us a free game rental each month or something. But i think it'll take time before the service actually takes off. Not many people have a good internet connection.

1 minute ago, BIG_BOSS_305 said:

It could be cool if its done right, giving us a free game rental each month or something. But i think it'll take time before the service actually takes off. Not many people have a good internet connection.

I get all my games through a rental service anyway lol.

If be surprised if the update had anything to do with the PlayStation now.

I don't pretend to know anything about it, bit it can't be a financial benefit. If PSnow is £15 a month (I think?), then that's £180 a year in the UK. If there gonna offer PSnow  as a part of ps plus, at the £50 per year after the increase, That's a 130 quid loss PER PERSON per year. Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't seem like a great business plan.

Personally I just want ps1 emulation out of this update but I doubt it'll happen x)

Edited by CaptainMonkster

6 minutes ago, CaptainMonkster said:

If be surprised if the update had anything to do with the PlayStation now.

I don't pretend to know anything about it, bit it can't be a financial benefit. If PSnow is £15 a month (I think?), then that's £180 a year in the UK. If there gonna offer PSnow  as a part of ps plus, at the £50 per year after the increase, That's a 130 quid loss PER PERSON per year. Correct me if I'm wrong but that doesn't seem like a great business plan.

Personally I just want ps1 emulation out of this update but I doubt it'll happen x)

Maybe it could be sony's answer to backwards compatibility with ps3 games. Every game you purchased digitally will be available through the service for you to access at no cost. But i get you, it's not worth it at the moment. Guess we'll find out in the coming days..