The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

when viewing a friend’s profile you’ll be able to check the number of mutual friends you share.

^ I don't see that in the official notes. Edit: But it is there and awesome!

v And this is not in your list. :P

You can now set a screensaver. [start Screensaver] has been added under [sound and Screen].

Edited by A12621A

The update moved all the cack I never use to the front of my games queue/side-scrolling/main menu. Angry face!  :angry:

Screensaver will be nice tho. Deffo look into that when I can. PS4 spends far too much time on idle for my liking. 

Malfuras.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone else in the UK having issues connecting to psn since 1.72? PS3 and Vita both connect fine and can view the store, but the PS4 just hangs trying to connect.

Link to 1.72 update info: http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-System-Software-version-1-72-available-today/td-p/21652651

Hi guys,

PS4 System Software v 1.72 is released today.

This is a mandatory update that will improve the stability of the PS4 system.

SFZ

Edited by pandairo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont see why I should be forced to update my PS4 when im not going to use the gay 3d support for blu rays. Really can't wait until the whole 3d film is dead only seen one good film in 3d all the others give you about 30mins worth 9 times out of ten its shit to.Cinema's keep trying to force people to watch 3d films by only showing a few 2d showings now all ready now playing £10 for a bloody ticket to watch a film! by the time I pay for my 3d glasses and seating it's near to almost £15 a ticket!

MEH? 3D!

• Like 1