The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

The friend list and messages seem to be working now! :wub::yay: Btw, does anyone know if we can use USB stick to transfer images as wallpapers or do we have to pay for the premade themes in the store? :S

15) No Custom Wallpapers

Users cannot upload their own PS4 background wallpapers, but a Sony representative said the team is looking at feedback and will make a decision in the future.

source  http://www.gamespot.com/articles/26-essential-facts-on-ps4s-2-0-update-masamune/1100-6423203/

The friend list and messages seem to be working now! :wub::yay: Btw, does anyone know if we can use USB stick to transfer images as wallpapers or do we have to pay for the premade themes in the store? :S

the option to change the background image is not yet on the ps4. You can only select themes which can only be download from the store

Personally, I just wish the PS4 would give me an onscreen notice telling me when one of my friends was online, so I didn't have to stop what I'm doing to check my friends list. The PS4 has friggin voice control now, but when I say, "Playstation, show me when my fucking friends are online while I'm in a game, for fuck's sake", it's got nothing for me.

I know it's a difficult thing to ask, but I hope some time in the distant future, when technology can finally catch up to the demands of its users, that we can have some sort of onscreen indication that lets us know when someone on our friends list has come online, so we don't have to pause the game we're playing to check our friends list. I know, this is some technological singularity-level shit here, but I feel that this functionality is perfectly reasonable to attain in the near future with PS4 next gen technology. Possibly, this functionality might even be able to be turned off and on at will. Furthermore (and stay with me here), I predict in the distant future, we will might even see an update that allows us to view and delete messages and friend requests on one system (the PS4 for instance), and not have to go to your PS3 and Vita to delete them again.

• Like 1

I would take DLNA support or 3rd party bluetooth headset support over Share play in a heartbeat. I don't really get the logic behind share play, from a financial standpoint, for Sony. I mean, are they dragging they're feet on BT headset support to push users towards headsets like Pulse to earn accessory profit? Or is the some issue with a chip on the logicboard causing interference with some 3rd party BT devices? Cause if you think about it, wouldn't they stand to lose more money with a feature like Share Play? All those dead beats and gamers who dont wanna fork over money to buy games? LOL. You would think PSN sales decrease, physical copies sales decrease (licensing fee income), etc. 

I just want DLNA and to be able to use the 5 Jabra headsets I have. 
Oh and controllers that last longer than 5-6 hours would be great to. lol

Also, the checkout by Paypal or Mobile is nice, I guess.  Although I'm not sure why you wouldn't just buy an online code off Amazon instead, it's the same thing pretty much.  Oh well.  I don't think I've ever bought anything by mobile that's not actually on the mobile thing.  How does that work? You link the accounts?

Anybody else having heaps of trouble using Shareplay? My friend and I tried to use it before and the connections rarely ever joined and when they did it was super laggy and then disconnected each time. We live very close to each other so distance isn't the problem.