PlayStation Plus Extra/Premium games for September 2022

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate September 2022's PS+ Extra lineup  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Rate September 2022's PS+ Extra lineup

2. 2. Rate September 2022's PS+ Premium lineup

3. 3. Which game are you most interested in?

• Deathloop
    • Assassin’s Creed Origins
    • Watch Dogs 2
    • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
    • Spiritfarer: Farewell Edition
    • Chicory: A Colorful Tale
    • Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Videogame 5
    • Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX
    • Rabbids Invasion: The Interactive TV Show
    • Rayman Legends
    • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game
    • Syphon Filter 2
    • The Sly Collection
    • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    • Bentley’s Hackpack
    • Toy Story 3
    • Kingdom of Paradise

Ngl premium is the most lacuster tier I've seen, the exclusives offered you can buy separately which is great but defeats the purpose, I only pay for psplus for a month so I can get online trophies and that's it, no to mention the games offered, I always seem to have the ones I'm interested.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Ngl premium is the most lacuster tier I've seen, the exclusives offered you can buy separately which is great but defeats the purpose, I only pay for psplus for a month so I can get online trophies and that's it, no to mention the games offered, I always seem to have the ones I'm interested.

Premium is 2 months old and you are already pulling the "worst evah" hyperbole. 

Yeeesh. With how quickly some of you leap to judgement I doubt that PS could do much to actually please you.

1 hour ago, The Alchemist said:

Trophies confirmed:

I'd say it had more to do with how much it was being oversold and pushed on everyone. It made an appearance in nearly every PlayStation showcase and State of Play event in the build-up to its release and people just got sick of it.

That being said, I've started playing it again recently having put it down a while back and yes, it's a great game. No excuse for anyone with extra/premium not to give it a go now!

So I guess that rumor about Legend of Dragoon making the cut was a bust.... damn I know it was a thin thread but I was holding on really tight :(:spank:

1 hour ago, TJ_Solo said:

Premium is 2 months old and you are already pulling the "worst evah" hyperbole. 

Yeeesh. With how quickly some of you leap to judgement I doubt that PS could do much to actually please you.

......my remark was not about what they are offering but how they are doing it.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 2

Super happy with the picks. Origins, Death Watch 2 are games I've been meaning to get for quite some time. But as always, I expect only base games and DLCs not to be discounted. Will end up in a situation it's cheaper to buy GOTY editions if I would decide to go for the DLCs, making the game being a part of Extra meaningless. Oh well

37 minutes ago, Revenant_SZ said:

Toy Story 3 won’t have any trophies as it’s the PSP version.

Not necessarily true? Though it being 3rd Party I don't see it having them, but I'm sure the other PSP game might (as it's Sony published) and Valkyrie Profile Lenneth I can almost guarantee will have Trophies when it launches next month alongside Valkyrie Elysium.

If Toy Story 3 PSP doesn't get Trophys I'll skip it (as I'd need to purchase it anyway since I'm still just subbed to Essential, haven't been given a single reason to Upgrade to either New Tier so far imo) and just resume the "Full"/"Proper" 360 Version on my Xbox Series X ?‍♂️

22 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Trophies confirmed:

I'd say it had more to do with how much it was being oversold and pushed on everyone. It made an appearance in nearly every PlayStation showcase and State of Play event in the build-up to its release and people just got sick of it.

That being said, I've started playing it again recently having put it down a while back and yes, it's a great game. No excuse for anyone with extra/premium not to give it a go now!

That's pretty cool maybe syphon filter 3 will come as well.

I agree with people about premium being lacklustre for what it's supposed to be and the price you pay for it your better off on Extra and just buying the ps1 games separately unless you have it to stream the very few imo decent ps3 games

Deathloop - Sure. Free is the correct price.

Xenoverse 2 - Not my kind of game, but I've read good things.

Spiritfarer - Keep seeing this popping up on my friends feed in Steam, will try.

Chicory - See it recommended on Steam all the time, will try.

Alex Kidd - Good stuff. You in for this one, @AJ_Radio? Good old SEGA fun.

Scott Pilgrim - Already owned this, but do recommend. Good stuff.

All that Sly Cooper - Highly recommend. I've got a couple things to complete yet, so I'm in.

Not a terrible selection. Rayman & Rabbids look entertaining enough, if not annoying. Watch Dogs 2 looks neat, saw a friend stream it once. The rest I don't care about.

Edited by Jelly Soup
Punctuation is a suggestion at best.

Glad to see some classics this month but by god we really should be getting them every month! Like they could have even put the Sly games out the month we didn’t get any, just to have something. 

Syphon Filter 2 with a plat is great, I approve. That’s what we need more of. I’m personally hoping for other Sony games like MediEvil 2, Kingsley’s Adventure, Ape Escape 3 and PSP, Ratchet: Size Matters among others. But seeing as no PS2 games have come yet, I’m doubtful. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Any news for October's lineup?  Is there a specific time they announce it, like essential's games every last Wednesday of the month?

12 october should be the announcement, release on the 17. I'll try to make a news as soon there will be any leak or the proper Ps Blog news

Edited by Sailar91
  • Like 1