Servers now closing October 1st, 2022

WorldsBestSpy

5 hours ago, jblanch3 said:

I was going to get this, but I figured I was too close to the deadline.  Now that it's been extended, is it worth getting?  Are the servers active?

Definitely worth getting. Been a long time since I enjoyed boosting a game. And this one was totally fun and worth it. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jblanch3 said:

I was going to get this, but I figured I was too close to the deadline.  Now that it's been extended, is it worth getting?  Are the servers active?

You boost all the miscellaneous stuff and then you're left with just hitting a high level.

According to this method linked below you'll be looking at about maybe 40  more matches probably if you're hitting mostly the high end of XP. Not sure if a better method exists on a trophy site.
https://www.trueachievements.com/a153692/master-achievement?gamerid=401134

• Like 1

I really wanna get the platinum for this game, but fear I might be too late to the party. Anyone know how long it'd take to finish the MP trophies if started from scratch? And would it be doable if I started on the 19th and played a couple of hours a day? I guess a lot can be boosted to make it quicker, but finding players for that might be tricky at times.

1 hour ago, BEARDLESSVlKlNG said:

I really wanna get the platinum for this game, but fear I might be too late to the party. Anyone know how long it'd take to finish the MP trophies if started from scratch? And would it be doable if I started on the 19th and played a couple of hours a day? I guess a lot can be boosted to make it quicker, but finding players for that might be tricky at times.

Why the 19th? It's about 20 hours to get everything done, as there as so many players online at the moment you may need even need an alt to boost the 2 player things with at least. But make of that what you will.

17 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Why the 19th? It's about 20 hours to get everything done, as there as so many players online at the moment you may need even need an alt to boost the 2 player things with at least. But make of that what you will.

Don't have my copy yet. Surely it's not 20 hours to get the multiplayer done, I'm guessing you meant the whole platinum?

No. Team mode trophies require 4, all others 2, however 8 would lock a lobby. Podium trophies can most likely be earned without boosting if there are only 3 (including yourself) players in the lobby or if you know what you're doing.

I’m guessing all the blue trophies with (Public) beside them will become unobtainable after the shutdown? Are those the only ones or are there others? Can you complete the “main” game without going online? 

I’ve been wanting to play this game for awhile, but considering I don’t yet have a copy and what happened last time I tried to finish a game before a shutdown, I think I’d rather just play this whenever I come across a copy in person and ignore the online trophies.  

On 10/9/2022 at 6:08 PM, TimeLordCrow13y said:

I’m guessing all the blue trophies with (Public) beside them will become unobtainable after the shutdown? Are those the only ones or are there others? Can you complete the “main” game without going online? 

Yes. There aren't any online elements and/or funtionality inside the Campaign besides of the leaderboards (Doesn't affect trophies) and 5 Uplay-exclusive activities only redeemable online (Uplay rewards will also cease for legacy titles w/ Online MP, though as far as I'm aware these activities aren't required for Radioactive!) , so only the 15 'blue trophies' are affected.

Edited by SaAlLoAg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, woggly4 said:

No. Team mode trophies require 4, all others 2, however 8 would lock a lobby. Podium trophies can most likely be earned without boosting if there are only 3 (including yourself) players in the lobby or if you know what you're doing.

Thank you. So three trophies require 4 and the rest I can self boost with a second ps3. Cool thank you.

Got some copies today, wish i didn't bother, randoms been able join at any time is annoying, level locked modes, Dualshock 4 completely incompatible and idle kick after just 30s makes it impossible to self boost for me. Don't think i can be bothered boosting this, would also need to buy multiple more controllers. 

6 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

idle kick after just 30s makes

Just press R2 on the second controller from time to time for 1 second. I am pretty sure it is longer than 30 seconds. For example in qualification round just move your second car a bit and then you can complete whole round with your main account. I self boosted almost all trophies where min. 2 Players are required. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just press R2 on the second controller from time to time for 1 second. I am pretty sure it is longer than 30 seconds. For example in qualification round just move your second car a bit and then you can complete whole round with your main account. I self boosted almost all trophies where min. 2 Players are required. 

Like i said i can't due to Dualshock 4 been completely incompatible. 

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Just press R2 on the second controller from time to time for 1 second.

I think it requires you to move the car though. When facing a wall it will still kick you even if you would lock R2, at least that was my impression. A little driving (2 seconds max) with steering always did the trick for me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Like i said i can't due to Dualshock 4 been completely incompatible. 

Yeah, this one i noted, but when you will but DS3 :). 

6 minutes ago, woggly4 said:

I think it requires you to move the car though. When facing a wall it will still kick you even if you would lock R2, at least that was my impression. A little driving (2 seconds max) with steering always did the trick for me.

Then press L2 to reverse for a sec :). 

On 9/13/2022 at 9:20 AM, shaunnn191 said:

If you get some controllers working it's not too painful, I did it recently solo.

If you're really struggling with with the 4 player games you can let the 3rd and/or 4th accounts get booted, as long as you have 1 player on each team remaining the lobby won't disconnect.

The idle kick is pretty brutal at first as I wasn't expecting it (as I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere), but it wasn't too bad once you get in the rhythm.

I tried rubber banding R2 and right stick, and also rubber banding right stick while in shift mode and it seems to work, if you keep it constantly moving, but it's too easy to get complacent and get booted if the car gets stuck on a wall etc.

Easier to just make sure you press R2 or L2 as often as you can tolerate.

Also make sure once the game ends, you have few seconds where you can drive still which the game seems to count or you will get instant kicked when the next match starts occasionally.

Once you get the team ones out of they was you can just use 2 consoles repeating Takedown for XP, or if randoms keep joining switch to Tag for a bit.

Most of the time it was boosters looking for an empty lobby oining who would then leave straight away.

Kick is greyed out for me. Tried it mid-game, end of round and never seems to be available.

Edited by Stevieboy