What is your best PS PLUS discovery?

olliebear66t

Stories: The path of destinies.

I have no idea when i even added this to my library but one day i was bored and downloaded it, it was so fun  went onto getting the platinum and i like how the story is told too, this is definitely a hidden gem on PS4 and would recommend giving it a go, i would have never found or bought this game myself. 

• Like 2

For me it was Dragon's Dogma. I started it one day because I was bored and it became one of my favorite RPGs ever. I also ended up playing it way past getting the plat I liked it so much. I got a big kick out of my pawn going off and having adventures on her own with other players. It's a game mechanic I've never really seen anywhere else.

• Like 2

Mafia III, loved it, played it when the game was free on PS+ monthly in 2018, fell in love with this series. 

Mafia III: Definitive Edition - Home

Paint It Black by Rolling Stone one of the soundtrack in the game, loved it one of my favourite song.

Then enjoyed and loved the Mafia 1, when the game came out on PS Now

MAFIA: DEFINITIVE EDITION 

And thanks to PS+ Extra, gonna finish Mafia 2 and wrap up this phenomenal series.?

Mafia II: Definitive Edition - Home

Edited by zulqarmessi
  • Like 2

Batman Arkham Knight, having the base game encouraged me to pick up the Return to Arkham Collection on sale as well as the season pass. I have always liked Batman but never played any of his games, the Arkham series didn't really interest me for the longest time. So glad I played through the trilogy even though those challenges are tough as hell. I even picked up the 2 Telltale ones and played all 5 games back to back. Not to mention re-watching all 7 Batman movies I own, I was on one hell of Batman high.

Honorable mention, Hitman 2. The world of Assassination is phenomenal fun.

• Like 2

Dragon's Crown and Remember Me.  Both games I didn't think I had any interest in.  Started playing them on Plus and had a blast.

Also, would say most of the titles I've played on my PS5 I've enjoyed.  When I first got the system I had about a year's worth of PS5 plus games that I had saved up.  Played Bugsnax, Maneater, Operation Tango, A Plague Tale...all good games.

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 1

There are plenty of games I had prior interest in before they came to Plus, and some even sorta saved my wallet by launching on the service (E.g. Thomas Was Alone, Fall Guys, Contrast, and Bugsnax) But there were a few surprises, for fun I will try to go for every console:

Mass Effect 3 (PS3) - March 2013

Mass Effect 3' Citadel DLC was a "love letter" to fans, says female Shepard  actor

I've played through this game more times than I care to count, I knew it would feel more complete with the other games, so I had bought the first digitally foe £12, not bad, and the second one pre-owned for £6, pretty sweet. I recall when I was buying that game I was put in charge of watching over my sister, I had lost her, and then she turned up at the game store because she knew I'd go there... I'm a good older sibling. Tangent over, best RPGs I've ever played, Tali is the best romance for male Shep, Garrus for fem Shep, this is non negotiable.

Road Not Taken (PS4) - August 2014

Road Not Taken Review - IGN

A puzzle rogue-like that I expected nothing of, it ended up being in love with it's layered mecaniques that you learn as you go, (don't throw some things, don't throw things into other things, ect,) it's hard to qualify why I like it, but I just do.

Until You Fall (PS VR) - November 2021

Until You Fall | Oculus Quest + Rift Platforms - YouTube

I haven't played too much due my the fact that the only room large enough for VR has china that I'm too afraid to break to actually play this game, it's a good rogue-like though, but I need to sleep after every run due to how much of a work out it is.

Maquette (PS5) - March 2021

Maquette PS5 Gameplay Walkthrough Part 1 - NEW PSN PLUS GAME - YouTube

While I knew when this was announced for Plus I knew I'd like it, this game was not on my radar at all. It's also part of the reason why I think Annapurna Interactive is the best publisher currently, this is a First Person Puzzle game that uses a recursive mechanic that persists through the game, but it also has a very human story that you don't really see coming from the trailer and a fantastic soundtrack too.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) - April 2013

Virtue's Last Reward | Nintendo 3DS games | Games | Nintendo

So many things weren't in this games favour, I didn't play many Japanese games, particularly ones without dubs (which the EU version did not), I didn't play visual novels, and the closest I got to Escape Rooms was watching repeats of game shows like Fort Boyard and The Crystal Maze. But for whatever reason, I loved and love this game, and it made me much more open with what I played, I wouldn't have played Persona 4 Golden or Fire Emblem Awakening without it and they are two of my favourite games of all time. Also the major activity that I now do on birthdays due to this game is escape rooms, and I'm pretty alright at them, we managed to finish one with only 12 seconds remaining one time :).

While I wasn't ranking these game by importance, this one is the most important discovery I had. 

• Like 3

I discovered a lot of games thanks to PS+. To list a few:

XCOM: Enemy Unknown was a literal game changer for me.

Also on PS3: Spec Ops: The Line, CounterSpy and The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

On PS4: Invisible, Inc and This War of Mine: The Little Ones

PS5: I mostly play games I bought for the moment, even though I added a few to my library, and I intended to play A Plague Tale, so that wasn't a proper discovery.

• Like 2

Hitman - It had been years since I'd played any stealth games and I didn't really have any interest in this one. After finding it while scrolling through my PSN library, I decided to try it. I bounced off at first but then I came back and I got hooked. I ended up falling in love with the trilogy and the 3rd game is probably my favorite game of the last few years.

OlliOlli2 - This was one of the first games I got from PS+ so I kind of felt obligated to try it. I figured this would be something I'd play in short bursts but I ended up playing it for hours at a time.

Rocket League - I wasn't sure if I'd get into this but I got hooked on it. I loved coming home from work on a Friday, having some beers, and playing online with a group of friends. I think it ended up being one of the last games where I was able to do that.

• Like 2

Remnant from the ashes - this game hooked me. randomized bosses and loot. I had to collect all the armor, weapons etc. Great coop game. 

Predator Hunting Grounds - big fan of the movies and had a good time with this one. Picking off players while taunting “want some candy” was priceless. Once you get a squad of your boys you can turn the table on the Predator and hunt him which was great. 

Borderlands the handsome collection - Was late to the Borderlands party initially and another fun coop game. BL2 is definitely the best so far and eventually bought 1 and 3. 

Mad Max - This game surprised me the most. The atmosphere and characters transport you away. Combat and races were fun as well. 

Vampyr - great gothic vampire tale set in times of a pandemic. You can play as a good vampire or a bad one but have to do both for the trophies anyway. 

Control - Really enjoyed this one. Using your different powers and skills during combat, floating around. Such a unique story that afterwards I had to buy Alan Wake at launch to figure out more of the story. 

• Like 4