What is your best PS PLUS discovery?

olliebear66t

Trine 2 surprised me and I can still remember the menu music! One game that I never would have bought was Paragon, spent an insane amount of hours on it even though it had no trophies. More recently I’d say the artful escape, it brought out my inner shredder. I’ve had ps plus since it launched and can’t say enough good things about it, sure there are quiet months now and again but it has changed my gaming preferences quite a lot. 

Iconoclasts was an amazing game that I got through PS+! I love pixel style games, and this one was pleasantly surprising. Fantastic character developement, catchy music and a good story. Definitely didn't expect so much from a small indie game! ? But I guess I would've bought it anyways, even if it wasn't free with PS+!

Conan Exiles was a great game as well! Played it with my brother for 300+ hours and I'm still looking forward when we play the DLC someday, just waiting for a decent sale on that. All the cosmetic DLC put me off from looking more into this game and what kind of gameplay it had. I probably still wouldn't own the game without PS+. ?

Edited by PraiseTheFluppi
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, chiino82 said:

Nothing off the top of my head atm, but thanks for name dropping "contrast".  Not heard of it, but will look into it!  

It's a very atmospheric and dreamy noir puzzle/platformer where you shift between the 3D world and into your 2D shadow in order to solve problems and progress. It launched as the PS4's first PS Plus game alongside Resogun I believe. I very almost didn't even bother to add it to my library haha

Edited by olliebear66t

14 hours ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

Rime is an absolutely fantastic game. It's one of those games where you can recognize the quality and feel fulfilled by the experience, but personally I don't know that I'd describe it as "fun" because I was legitimately crying by the end of it (the ending hit me quite hard). But it was a great game!

Hmm Rime is one of the few games I played that I really didn't like haha. Glad other people seemed to have enjoyed it

I'm currently having a blast playing Desperados 3 and I would have probably never played it if it wasn't for PS++

Sometimes I feel too stupid for that game and I spend 2-3 hours per mission on Hard lately (just started mission 11). But it is oddly satisfying to actually unravel the levels bit by bit. 

51 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

FrostPunk would be mine. Loved the game and would easily put it into my top 5 games on PSN. 

Frostpunk’s a great game (I have to go back to it). Was it a PS+ game, though? I can’t remember it to be, and a quick search on NA and EU monthly games history didn't show it. [Unless you were talking about the new Extra Premium Super Duper PS WT+ which is a bit alien to me ?]

Hitman: Absolution

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend

The Last of Us

Virtue’s Last Reward: Zero Escape

Control

Bloodborne

Bioshock: Infinite

Bioshock

NORN9 Var Commons

Rocket League

Hitman: Blood Money HD

Dead or Alive 5

Darksiders

Concrete Genie

Resident Evil (PS1)

Resident Evil 2 (PS1)

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PS1)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered

Dead Nation

Back to the Future

Sleeping Dogs

inFamous

• Like 2

Transistor, Rocket League, Remnant : From The Ashes, Gauntlet, Rocketbirds, Dead Nation, Towerfall Ascension, Binding of Issac, Rogue Legacy, Never Alone, The Unfinished Swan, Helldivers, Geometry Wars 3, Magicka, Broforce.. 

Quite an extensive list tbh and that's off the top of my head. All great games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennethMcCormick said:

Frostpunk’s a great game (I have to go back to it). Was it a PS+ game, though? I can’t remember it to be, and a quick search on NA and EU monthly games history didn't show it. [Unless you were talking about the new Extra Premium Super Duper PS WT+ which is a bit alien to me 1f600.png]

Isn't Plus the catalog of all games? Admittedly I can't really remember what they were called now that it's all combined. ?

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 1