Dante's Inferno 2 maybe in the making.

Artemisthemp

A sequel makes no sense if Dante is in purgatory. Who's he going to fight?

A sequel definitely doesn't make sense.

The fact that they could even make a game based on Inferno was a stretch - they had to deviate so far away from the source material it's not even funny. The rest of The Divine Comedy is kind of a snore-fest as far as action goes. How they plan to make a sequel is beyond me.

• Like 1

I would buy it... i loved it...

I don't care if people think its a GOW knock-off... i have a very simple rule and that is if a game is good then i will play it... even if other people don't like it... I try to play every game as its own experience and i find that i have the most enjoyment when i do that because if i compare every game with another then they will all fail and i would be disappointed... and the whole reason why i play games is to have fun :)

Edit:

That said... I went to look at the ending again and realized a few things... First of all im not all that knowledgeable of the Dante story (other than the game) but i have a basic understanding of Catholicism and it seems as though at the end of Dante's Inferno that Dante ended up in some kind of "paradise" (a place for the dead between heaven and hell) and that because he had been carrying around that cross on his chest that he had sewn into his skin based on the sins that he had committed... they must not have been resolved? because when he had "forgiven" himself he tore off the cross and it had turned into a snake (a snake or serpent is represented in the Bible as the devil) its like the devil tricked Dante into transporting him into paradise to invade maybe? or the devil tricked Dante into thinking he was in paradise and really he is still in one of the levels of hell...

yup... i think im onto something, lol...

• Like 1

I would buy it... i loved it...

I don't care if people think its a GOW knock-off... i have a very simple rule and that is if a game is good then i will play it... even if other people don't like it... I try to play every game as its own experience and i find that i have the most enjoyment when i do that because if i compare every game with another then they will all fail and i would be disappointed... and the whole reason why i play games is to have fun :)

Edit:

That said... I went to look at the ending again and realized a few things... First of all im not all that knowledgeable of the Dante story (other than the game) but i have a basic understanding of Catholicism and it seems as though at the end of Dante's Inferno that Dante ended up in some kind of "paradise" (a place for the dead between heaven and hell) and that because he had been carrying around that cross on his chest that he had sewn into his skin based on the sins that he had committed... they must not have been resolved? because when he had "forgiven" himself he tore off the cross and it had turned into a snake (a snake or serpent is represented in the Bible as the devil) its like the devil tricked Dante into transporting him into paradise to invade maybe? or the devil tricked Dante into thinking he was in paradise and really he is still in one of the levels of hell...

yup... i think im onto something, lol...

This

• 2 months later...

lol great, looking forward to this. i beat the game two times, and doing it for the third one now, which will be my final playthrough and then i get the platinum. i hope the next one will be in heaven :P

since at the end they were in heaven, and lucifer seemed to get off dantes body when dante threw the cross to the ground... blah idk, i havent read the poem.

lol great, looking forward to this. i beat the game two times, and doing it for the third one now, which will be my final playthrough and then i get the platinum. i hope the next one will be in heaven :P

since at the end they were in heaven, and lucifer seemed to get off dantes body when dante threw the cross to the ground... blah idk, i havent read the poem.

Implying that the poem is anything like the game xD.

Although when we read the poem Sophomore year, I was able to pass using only quotes that occured during a death sequence (which I experienced numerous times on Very Hard.)

• Like 1

Implying that the poem is anything like the game xD.

Although when we read the poem Sophomore year, I was able to pass using only quotes that occured during a death sequence (which I experienced numerous times on Very Hard.)

lmfao xD that happened to me too a while ago. exept we were studying the renesaince.

i scored a perfect score on the quiz thanks to basic assassins creed knowlege, teacher said i cheated and gave me a 0 though. because i wasnt at school for three weeks and i came back the day before the test since i had my left leg in a cast.

lmfao xD that happened to me too a while ago. exept we were studying the renesaince.

i scored a perfect score on the quiz thanks to basic assassins creed knowlege, teacher said i cheated and gave me a 0 though. because i wasnt at school for three weeks and i came back the day before the test since i had my left leg in a cast.

It's astonishing how much I learned from Video Games.

When I was little, I memorized all the trivia in Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, and some bits of history were on an entry test in 3rd grade (to show us how far we progressed over the year). My teacher asked me how I got some of them right and I told her I cheated because I didn't want anyone else to know the true source of my knowledge (which at the time, it made me feel like the smartest kid in the world)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I wonder when they'll announce the 4 on 4 multiplayer mode where you have to fight over a legendary almost a spear but not quite a spear that's used to take down a giant monster. I kid I kid.

Hopefully, if a sequel is made, they'll work a bit harder on establishing their own identity and take the game in a direction of it's own. I'm glad that there are those that can judge and enjoy the game on it's own merit but when they're even copying the way that Kratos opens a freakin' chest or door it becomes extremely difficult for me say it deserves a sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet. I loved the first game, despite it being called a God of War clone. Was hoping a sequel would come out, since it said 'to be continued' at the end, and it'd kinda suck for that to happen and there not be a sequel.

Been a God of War clone ain't a bad thing :)

• 10 months later...

1- This game is BASED on The Divine Comedy, it doesn't need to be exactly as the book says, and I glad it didn't.

2- This game is REALLY FUN, who cares if it plays like GOW? Rayman plays like Mario, CoD plays like Battlefield, Guitar Hero plays like Rockband, stop whining.

3- I'm really exited for a sequel, Dante's Inferno's depiction of Hell was awesome and very artistry, really good ideas and inspiration, would love to see more of that.

4- Maybe in the sequel Dante will fight in the Heavens? Against angels and God Himself to get Beatrice back? We know Dante, he can do anything for Beatrice.

1- This game is BASED on The Divine Comedy, it doesn't need to be exactly as the book says, and I glad it didn't.

2- This game is REALLY FUN, who cares if it plays like GOW? Rayman plays like Mario, CoD plays like Battlefield, Guitar Hero plays like Rockband, stop whining.

3- I'm really exited for a sequel, Dante's Inferno's depiction of Hell was awesome and very artistry, really good ideas and inspiration, would love to see more of that.

4- Maybe in the sequel Dante will fight in the Heavens? Against angels and God Himself to get Beatrice back? We know Dante, he can do anything for Beatrice.

Addressing your 2nd point.  It doesn't just play like GOW it copies it in every way possible.  Rayman doesn't bonk boxes with his head to get a mushroom shaped sandwich (can't speak for CoD and Battlefield) and Rock Band took the GH formula and expanded on it buy adding a full band experience, then GH copied the formula but at least changed the drum kit and a few other little ins-and-outs to try and stay a bit different.  Pointing out how Dante's is too much like GOW (the gameplay, camera, control scheme, etc. etc.) and hoping they can establish their own thing a little better in a sequel doesn't really fall into the "stop whining" category. 

Personally, I'm sick of GOW as well and had no desire to play the PSP ports or Ascension after finishing #3.  The "too much of the same" feeling became overwhelming and I didn't buy the last 3 releases because of it.  If Dante's Inferno 2 brought some new ideas to the table instead of just biting off a game that's been done, essentially unchanged, 6x in a row seems like it would bring nothing but good things to a franchise that deserves to stand on its own two feet.

Edited by skidmarkgn