Dante's Inferno 2 maybe in the making.

Artemisthemp

I'm still hoping for a sequel, the story is good and there is room for much improvement. Those of you who say it is a clone well, GoW is also a clone and all games now in days borrow ideas from others. I like to have my games in a nice collection or at least a trilogy. Example: Legacy Of Kain, they all came for Playstation 1, 2, 3 and it ended well.

Now some games that do not deserve a sequel are still being made, example Kane and Lynch, Army Of Two, etc. Games that should go down the toilet because we had enough of them but are still being made: Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil, Castlevania, Silent Hill and I'm not going to mention all sport/soccer games which they could be easily updated with a patch but instead they keep releasing new soccer games with little improvement.

Games I do think deserve sequels and are descent games on PS3: Dante's Inferno, The Darkness II, Singularity, Mafia II, Bulletstorm, etc. I'm not going to mention past games like Oddworld because my list would go on forever. Just one thing before finishing my opinion. Uncharted 1 wasn't that good, it was actually kinda boring for me but the sequel was very good and that's when the game got everyone's attention. Why not give most games a second chance to be developed so the story of it could end well?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This was a great game so I'd be happy to play a sequel. The environments are great, the combat is great, I enjoyed the story and the cutscenes are well done. Looking back, I can't remember myself thinking 'I hate X about this game!'.

Remember when people hated AC1 but loved AC2?

Kinda want to play the game now that I'm thinking about it.

This is from a user on GameFAQ's from 4 years ago.... make a vaild statement on how a sequel would work

I keep hearing people giving claims that a sequel can't happen because either: "it would suck worse than the first game", "it would disgrace the Divine Comedy", "there isn't anything in Dante's Purgatorio or Dante's Paradisio to make the game good", etc.

I don't see how any of these are valid. 1st off, the first game wasn't bad, it was a fun game with an exciting story, the main reason people don't like it is because it plays like God of War (which in itself isn't anything since it's as close to God of War as Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Devil May Cry, Starwars Force Unleashed, and any other platforming action/adventure game with puzzle elements can be...)

Secondly, I don't see how any sequel would be any more of a disgrace to it's book/novel/poem as Dante's Interno (the game) was to Dante's Inferno (the epic poem). I don't remember Dante going through hell, literally fighting for his way down to satan to get his wife back, in the original material...

Thirdly, there are plenty of possible ways to go with a Purgatorio and Paradisio game/s. Purgatorio could have Dante traveling up the mountain of Purgatory, being persuaded to go on by visions of Beatrice (that are actually Lucifer in disguise) and being persuaded to stop his unholy quest by St. Lucia (Dante's guardian angel). Fighting the sins of man (who have been influenced and transformed by the power of Satan) along the way, seeking an audience with God in returning his beloved to him/to life. Eventually ending at the gates of heaven and being denied by St. Peter, who can see the that the evil of Lucifer had come with Dante from the Inferno and has been slowly corrupting him, granting him with the power of the sins he defeated along the way. He would then fight St. Peter and defeat him, overpowering his way into Heaven. But not before being stopped by St. Lucia one final time. At this moment, Lucifer is tired of the interference of Lucia and uses his fake visions of Beatrice to convince you to fight/kill your own guardian angel. 

Paradisio would then have Dante fight the great Archangels (Gabriel, Uriel, Raphael, Michael, etc.) through heaven, until finally reaching the doors to God. Once at the doors of god, Michael could appear in his path. As Dante fights, he eventually gains the upper hand and deal a deadly blow to Michael. Suddenly Lucifer would materialize (who's been hiding within Dante since you left the Inferno, feeding off of your evil) and explain how he used Dante to get back into Heaven. Being rid of the corruption of Lucifer (who's now more powerful than ever), Dante would again fight. Michael, close to dying, understands the only way to defeat Lucifer is to pass his power to Dante. He does so and Dante becomes powerful enough to defeat Lucifer and cast him back into the Inferno. Finally Dante would be granted his audience with God (or Jesus, or simply a bright light, if EA doesn't want to give a form to God). God would then tell Dante something about how he knows that the evil Dante did was through Satan's corruption and when he expelled Satan from himself and showed that he had the good in him to channel Micheal's power, he redeemed himself. The game could then end with Dante seeing Beatrice happy in heaven and Dante himself becoming Michaels replacement in heaven...

That is just one of the several ways a Purgatorio and Paradisio game could go... It's no more different to the original novels as Inferno was to it's own. The story's good, no shorter than Inferno's, with it's own twists and turns. It has the bosses, it has the cause and effect. The only thing that is missing is level/character designs... but those are found in the novels/poems themselves or can be created from scratch (that's what graphic design is for)...

• Like 1