PSN profile “Friends Only” option.

amurnin100

Sorry I mean your PSN profile settings, where you have public, friends only or private.

Public - Everyone can see your trophies, stats etx and are on a leaderboard.

Private - Hides trophies from PSN friends and PSN profiles and you are not on the leaderboards, can’t check stats etx

Friends Only would give flexibility for those who don’t want to be on the leaderboard but still able to use the stats on the website and no one can see those apart from the user themselves.

Just now, amurnin100 said:

Sorry I mean your PSN profile settings, where you have public, friends only or private.

Public - Everyone can see your trophies, stats etx and are on a leaderboard.

Private - Hides trophies from PSN friends and PSN profiles and you are not on the leaderboards, can’t check stats etx

Friends Only would give flexibility for those who don’t want to be on the leaderboard but still able to use the stats on the website and no one can see those apart from the user themselves.

And how would this website know your PSN friends? External websites cannot fetch this type of data anymore. Sony disabled this about a decade ago. PSNP once had this option.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, R4M Razr said:

And how would this website know your PSN friends? External websites cannot fetch this type of data anymore. Sony disabled this about a decade ago. PSNP once had this option.

When was it removed , and I just mean the PSN friends only profile option, not the users friends in general.

If it can’t be done then I think it’s a missed opportunity.

Edited by amurnin100

On 1.9.2022 at 2:19 PM, amurnin100 said:

When was it removed , and I just mean the PSN friends only profile

option, not the users friends in general.

If it can’t be done then I think it’s a missed opportunity.

You once had the option on PSNP to log into your PSN account and fetch your PSN friends list. You were then able to compare your trophies with your PSN friends in a way more convenient way. This feature was eventually removed about ten years ago after Sony disabled this part of the API – most likely for security reasons.

But like I said above, Sly Ripper has effectively stopped working on the site.

Edit: https://archive.ph/y9DX8

Edited by R4M Razr
  • Like 2

I think having an option to set profile here to followers only would be neat.

I saw a quite a bit of people requesting to be able to track trophies and stuff but be off leaderboard, this way if set to followers only, they will be off it too.

Kinda like how PSN have the option to hide profile to public but friends only can see, but this way they dont have to hide on PSN, and not be able to track trophies here to see themselves.

There's so much this site could improve on, really sucks to see so much potential but nothing more is being done.

Edited by LadyGallethX3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

I think having an option to set profile here to followers only would be neat.

I saw a quite a bit of people requesting to be able to track trophies and stuff but be off leaderboard, this way if set to followers only, they will be off it too.

That would be fairly pointless. One could follow you, check out your profile and unfollow you again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amurnin100 said:

But again, you chose who you add, if it’s a random add, then you can decline..

No, you can't. We're not talking about your PSN account. This is strictly about this forum and its software. Anybody can add you unless you turn that function off (just like I did). Allowing only access to the people you follow on PSN is impossible as I've already described here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R4M Razr said:

No, you can't. We're not talking about your PSN account. This is strictly about this forum and its software. Anybody can add you unless you turn that function off (just like I did). Allowing only access to the people you follow on PSN is impossible as I've already described here.

You did mention previously, but I still think people should be given a choice to be on a leaderboard or not without a need for an extension Husky made to give people that flexibility..

2 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

You did mention previously, but I still think people should be given a choice to be on a leaderboard or not without a need for an extension Husky made to give people that flexibility..

Sure, but only he is able to do anything about it. But he hasn't posted anything in three months.

Your only option is to set your profile to private or to do this:

https://psnprofiles.com/account/delete

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

It’s private for now :)

Another option might be to contact the guys from the Cheater Removal Team and ask them if you can be removed without being flagged. Maybe that'll work.

@grimydawg___

@Squirlruler

@B1rvine
@MMDE

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

Edited by R4M Razr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It’s not possible, at least currently,  @R4M Razr.

Well, you could pick some game from long ago. The reason for flagging could be something stupid like "flagged for terrible haircut". Something that makes it immediately clear it's not a real flag. Be creative. Every system can be beat. ;)

44 minutes ago, R4M Razr said:

Something that makes it immediately clear it's not a real flag. Be creative.

I refuse to remove upon request in this manner, since it always bites me in the ass later, when people decide to dispute afterwards, and a month long drama occurs because of “CRT abuse.”

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:12 AM, R4M Razr said:

What friends? PSN friends? Forum friends? Real life friends? Mutual friends?
Open for abuse? What abuse? By whom? Where?

This is one of those cases where I can only roll my eyes.

Regardless, it's not going to happen. The admin has effectively stopped developing the site years ago.

Did Sly do the big change to the site when levels changed or someone else?

Also your post had me dying laughing. What friends? Real life friends? ?

26 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

Did Sly do the big change to the site when levels changed or someone else?

Sly is the only admin on the site. Any changes would all have been done by him. Adding PS5 games when that came out, PSN Name changes, trophy levels/point value changes, Game Series, and everything else were all done by him. 

• Like 1