Trophy Thoughts?

GJohny

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

I see they've also removed the upgrade all weapons trophy. I like most, will probably only get this when it's cheaper since I can't justify paying full price for a game for a 3rd time. (Plus I'd rather wait to see if they add any difficult dlc trophies later down the line)

oh they definitely will

they're VERY annoying with these NG+ higher difficulty dlc trophies 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Prove anything?

With TLOU?

maybe is just fun to get the plat in a game and fell at least a bit accomplished,and not felling that you just Completed the history

None of the other TLOU were hard,they have the perfect amount of effort needed to get the plat 

No ones brag about the previous ones like they are hard ...

I would never suggest "felling that one just completed the history."

Granted - that's mostly because I haven't the faintest idea what that means....

... but I'm confident in saying that I wouldn't.

As far as bragging goes - I don't. In the end, it doesn't really matter whether someone found the original lists of The Last of Us easy or hard - the point is that this list doesn't require the same effort or repetition to beat, so my comment is a relative statement, rather than an absolute one.

Makes sense to me for the list to be less onerous this time around - particularly in terms of repetition - since virtually all people who care about trophies have already played the original game in some incarnation.

Most people don't care about trophies at all, but of the ones that do, asking them to repeat the game several times over again, is just asking them to put off buying it or not to bother, so clearly Naughty Dog decided to make this one more about the experience, rather than the challenge.

The decision makes sense to me. :dunno:

1 minute ago, AmazingNoeder said:

GOW games were easy,even so you need to complete some minor challenge like hard playthrough,the inside game challenges,GOW 2018 everything done on easy and collectibles......

Valkyrie on easy is a joke

What has God of War got to do with anything?

I didn't mention God of War... and I don't think anyone else did?

the online trophies in the first remake were defo something that stopped me picking up that version so if this one drops low enough in price ill be happy to get it :']

the difficulty trophies would have been a nice challenge, but i agree with others on here that they'll probably get added in a ng+ dlc pack like forbidden west (for better or worse)

19 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I would never suggest "felling that one just completed the history."

Granted - that's mostly because I haven't the faintest idea what that means....

... but I'm confident in saying that I wouldn't.

As far as bragging goes - I don't. In the end, it doesn't really matter whether someone found the original lists of The Last of Us easy or hard - the point is that this list doesn't require the same effort or repetition to beat, so my comment is a relative statement, rather than an absolute one.

Makes sense to me for the list to be less onerous this time around - particularly in terms of repetition - since virtually all people who care about trophies have already played the original game in some incarnation.

Most people don't care about trophies at all, but of the ones that do, asking them to repeat the game several times over again, is just asking them to put off buying it or not to bother, so clearly Naughty Dog decided to make this one more about the experience, rather than the challenge.

The decision makes sense to me. :dunno:

What has God of War got to do with anything?

I didn't mention God of War... and I don't think anyone else did?

You didn't got my point

"Even GOW games that were easy required skill (even if it was a low amount) those new AAA games the skill needed is 0 you gonna watch a collectable guide and get the plat that's it (this new TLOU is literally this)

You don't need to complete the older TLOU several times to get the plat,you can do with 2.5 playthrough

Naughty dog made the list easy for money,not cuz they are nice and think by our point of view

Easy trophy list seems to sell more,so make the easiest possible

All of those AAA games recently being realeased all requires almost none skill 

Complete the history on the easiest difficult that any child can do,and see a guide collectable

I miss the old ps3 days, when they made a list thinking about giving us a challenge,a trophy that will be satisfying to unlock,not cuz it's extremely hard,but because you need to put some effort on it 

Edited by AmazingNoeder
  • Like 2

List looks easy enough. I can't see myself wanting to buy this day 1, I'm in the minority but I really didn't enjoy the game. Story was great, but I found the game too slow paced, and the online was just a miserable experience.

One thing that really stands out here is how much they have downgraded the trophy icons. The first set was so well done, the plat was actually my 1000th milestone. The new ones are really rather basic and ugly. They have lost the artistry. I know it's a very minor complaint, but since the game is supposed to be a graphical re-imagining, surprising to see they cheesed out on the tile images.

15 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

You didn't got my point

"Even GOW games that were easy required skill (even if it was a low amount) those new AAA games the skill needed is 0 you gonna watch a collectable guide and get the plat that's it (this new TLOU is literally this)

I know.

You don't need to complete TLOU several times to get the plat,you can do with 2.5 playthrough

Screenshot-2022-09-01-at-14-57-18.png

Naughty dog made the list easy for money,not cuz they are nice and think by our point of view

That's what I said.

They're a business - and they want money.

All of those AAA games recently being realeased all requires almost none skill 

Complete the history on the easiest difficult that any child can do,and see a guide collectable

I miss the old ps3 days, when they made a list thinking about giving us a challenge,a trophy that will be satisfying to unlock,not cuz it's extremely hard,but because you need to put some effort on it 

Well, good luck with that, I guess.

Personally, I thought Demons Souls, Returnal, Elden Ring, Resident Evil 8, Kena: Bridge of Spirits etc. all required more than "none skill"... but I admit - that's a relative opinion, I suppose.

I don't play an enormous amount of "AAA" games, so I'm not hugely well versed in the category, and can't speak to every one of them. 

Certainly this isn't the place to discuss other games though - this is about people's thoughts on this trophy list - and I said mine.:dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, diskdocx said:

I found the game too slow paced

but since the game is supposed to be a graphical re-imagining, surprising to see they cheesed out on the tile images.

Never touch part 2 if you found the First one "slow" that's my advice haha

The whole "remake" stuff on this,looks like a cheese way to farm money for me at least 

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I know.

Screenshot-2022-09-01-at-14-57-18.png

That's what I said.

They're a business - and they want money.

Well, good luck with that, I guess.

Personally, I thought Demons Souls, Returnal, Elden Ring, Resident Evil 8, Kena: Bridge of Spirits etc. all required more than "none skill"... but I admit - that's a relative opinion, I suppose.

I don't play an enormous amount of "AAA" games, so I'm not hugely well versed in the category, and can't speak to every one of them. 

Certainly this isn't the place to discuss other games though - this is about people's thoughts on this trophy list - and I said mine.:dunno:

I wouldn't use "several" playthrough to symbolize less than 3....

And i don't think this was your intention too

technically 2.5 is less than 3 and

"MORE THAN 2 but not many"

"ALL recently SONY AAA" this was written on the First time but the thread was locked,if i would talk about all AAA I would say that a good number of them,plus even the ones that require skill looks way less "hard" them most of the AAA on ps3 

I believe that lots of games being purposely becoming super easy to plat is a valid subject here,as this looks the main problem with TLOU remake 

Edited by AmazingNoeder

10 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Never touch part 2 if you found the First one "slow" that's my advice haha

The whole "remake" stuff on this,looks like a cheese way to farm money for me at least 

I haven't even purchased Pt 2. I will though, it's one of those 'one day' games. I still have to finish Grounded and Grounded + on the first one.

Again, the story was great, honestly I think this release, for anyone that hasn't played the game, is likely going to be much more enjoyable that the original.

I'm really tired of multiple playthrough/NG+ trophy lists.

• Like 1

I have never played the last of us before and would like to get this game, but not at the price they are asking. Should have been like $40 and then I might have gotten it. Will wait for a sale for this one and hopefully will be able to get part 2 on the cheap soon. I really dislike collectible trophies though, but we’ll see. ?

5 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Again, the story was great, honestly I think this release, for anyone that hasn't played the game, is likely going to be much more enjoyable that the original.

I’m the audience this is for.

I have heard plenty about the original and it sounds like the story is why people liked it so much. But, the online trophies sound troublesome with lots of management. And the online community has a reputation for being toxic. I just don’t have the time and energy to suffer through a couple MP trophies like I did in the past (AC Brotherhood a good example).

I will gladly play through the story to discover why this game is still talked about years after its release. 

Reason I hate these " trophy thoughts" posts, people discuss random shit that ain't related to the game that is supposed to be discussed. I'm yet to find a useful and relatable comment in 2 pages so far. 

Anyway, being a big fan of the game and having platinumed it twice (PS3 & PS4) , I don't really mind going for the plat a third time (even though it's much easier and shorter this time). But hey, looks like most games that are being released these days have the same easy difficulty and less required time than they used to be. Removing factions and difficulty trophies do suck for ppl who like a fair challenge, but it isn't really the end of the world.. game looks so good, not sure if it's worth a full 70$ tho. 

• Like 2

People forget how good the mp of this game was. I started it after completing the main game and was imediately hooked for a week or two. Was so addictive and fun.

I remember when part 2 was announced one of my first thoughts was: i hope that the multiplayer will be as good as in the first game. Its sad they completely left it out. Same with this Remake..

Will probably play it when its on a good sale or free

Edited by Ozetkiller
  • Like 2