Leaderboard for profiles under 50% average rarity

Value of 100% Games and Ultra Rare platinums  

149 members have voted

1. 1. How many points should 100% games be worth?

2. 2. How many additional points should Ultra Rare platinums be worth?

I only play games for fun and am not particularly interested in any sort of leaderboards, and of course I'd never be in the running to win anything.

Still, if there aren't many other competitors for people to compare themselves against, that's not as much fun is it? :)

So here are mine:

PSN: enaysoft

Platinums: 203

Ultra Rare Platinums: 26

Average Trophy Rarity: 42.62%

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

holy shit man 

Haha Yeah, but you have to take into account gaming habits too I guess. I mean the guy's profile starts from 2018 and not 2009 and perhaps a tendency to avoid easy game.

And for example if you're like me, amongst other things, who loves TellTale games, and Arcade Archives, playing those kind of games is just gonna bump up your average rarity.

On top of that, most of my UR are from grindy Dynasty Warriors games which are all about stupidly lengthy amounts of gameplay rather than actual skill, and also various games given away on PS+ which probably be wouldn't be UR at all if not given away for free. I am struggling with Cuphead but even if I did Platinum on that, it's like 16% rarity lol

First platinum Dead Rising 1! You have good tastes VigilanteCrow! :) (Yeah I spelt your name wrong on purpose, because that's how I first misread it)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Psn: JAK-KRIEG 

Platinums: 639

UR platinums: 116

Average rarity: 41.2%

This guy though, that's a hell of a list you've curated mate. almost sub 40% with over 600 plats, that's beautiful

And yeah I love this idea, count me in!

Psn: Pots3k 

Platinums: 217

UR platinums: 38

Average rarity: 39.56%

• Like 1

PSN: DarlingBaphomet. Current average rarity is 44%. 171 plats, 17 ultra rares.

My one concern with this scoring method is, if I'm interpreting it right, you get one extra point for every ultra rare platinum, correct? If so, we run into the same problem as with the regular leaderboards - ultra rares typically take hundreds of hours to complete, while even at the 40-50% mark you can find an abundance of games that take only a day or two. So the path to recognition is easy games, just like on the regular leaderboard, with the only difference being that you can't spam quite as effectively.

59 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

My one concern with this scoring method is, if I'm interpreting it right, you get one extra point for every ultra rare platinum, correct?

Yes, but you even get a point for a 100% platinum as long as your average rarity stays below 50%. I have plenty of very easy games and am still quite high on this list.

This leaderboard uses very simple criteria and metrics. I don't see anyone shaping their profile to climb this one. Completely bypassing 100%'s needs to be rectified. But other than that, it's just a little fun for people with somewhat sane profiles I guess.

• Like 1