Leaderboard for profiles under 50% average rarity

Value of 100% Games and Ultra Rare platinums  

149 members have voted

1. 1. How many points should 100% games be worth?

2. 2. How many additional points should Ultra Rare platinums be worth?

Interesting idea,

I think I am understanding correctly: platinum count +1 point for UR plat? 

Is there no way to use the average rarity stat you are asking for? 

The current formula still favors plat count vs actual overall rarity

Noticed this was already suggested. Definitely the way to go.

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Like 2

@pinkrobot_pb I'm sure everyone will agree that this is a great use of your time. Can I make one (significant) suggestion? Please consider:

Bite the bullet and address the elephant in the room: pick one measurement to use for this leaderboard. Make the formula extremely clear for everybody. If you need to gather the opinions of everybody to come to that measurement, do it ASAP. Everybody would do this leaderboard differently and you will be receiving constant complaints/requests ad nauseum to amend the formula as people see fit (or even, simply, so that people can see themselves leapfrog up the leaderboard). Having a definitive measurement immediately will save you (and the thread) significant hassle in the long term. 

Personally, I'd recommend doing that before amending the leaderboard again (and maybe even removing the leaderboard temporarily to gain the least-subjective bias).

I'll hang around like a creeper in the corner regardless of whether you take on this advice or not. ?? thanks for putting this together.

• Like 3

I'm just wondering and not sure if this has been brought up earlier, but do we need to post updates on our stats or is there some sort of script because looking through the leaderboard I see my average rarity has gone up in the leaderboard to match what it is now, due to me playing Miles-Morales. Great game btw and one I highly recommend. 

7 hours ago, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

[snip] ... or is there some sort of script ... [snip]

Yes the page that you see is produced by a script that collects the information automatically. I launch it by hand right now, once a day. There is no need to post updates.

8 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

@pinkrobot_pb I'm sure everyone will agree that this is a great use of your time. Can I make one (significant) suggestion? Please consider ... [snip]

Thanks, I agree, especially because it only cost me about an hour of my time so far. ;)

As for your suggestions, the little script I put together is still only the small thing I was able to do to make sure PS-Leaderboard would not have to do all that work manually. It's still very much his topic and leaderboard at this point.

I added the new points calculations mainly out of my own curiosity. I can add other calculations too, if people want to know what their effect would be. The reason why this one was easy to implement was that I did not need to query for any extra data. It literally cost me 5 minutes. As soon as I need to look at individual games and trophies, the amount of data crawling would increase significantly and I would need to turn this in an actual project and not just a quick one page script.

For the record, that is no problem either, it would just take a little more thought and a better design to incorporate so many users. I already crawl my own profile regularly to create the image you see in my signature. If you look closely, you will see that I add the ribbons system to it (the one that was talked about some time ago but never came to fruition).

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

@pinkrobot_pb

The new formula is : plats + UR plats*50-(avgrarity)%?

Yes, to make it even more clear with some more parentheses:  (Plats + UR Plats) * ( 50 - Average Rarity ).

Right now it is just an additonal metric that made some sense to my simple mind trying to bring average rarity into play. Like I said, feel free to suggest different ones. I really do not want to hijack @PS-Leaderboard's topic though. You (and anyone else) can also just drop me a PM with any thoughts you might have.

I have some different ideas as well, that I will implement when I have some more free time. But free time is hard to find right now with a 2 month old baby. :)

In general I honestly think that simply putting ideas into practice and seeing what that does to the rankings is a good way to go about this. What seems like a good idea in theory might cause some unexpected results in practice. (And I personally prefer implementations that can be explained in a single paragraph and that do not take a math degree to understand. ;))

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

As for your suggestions, the little script I put together is still only the small thing I was able to do to make sure PS-Leaderboard would not have to do all that work manually.

Ah. Well it shows how much attention I'd been paying when I get confused as to who was running the event. :facepalm: sorry @PS-Leaderboard

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Yes, to make it even more clear with some more parentheses:  (Plats + UR Plats) * ( 50 - Average Rarity ).

Right now it is just an additonal metric that made some sense to my simple mind trying to bring average rarity into play. Like I said, feel free to suggest different ones. I really do not want to hijack @PS-Leaderboard's topic though. You (and anyone else) can also just drop me a PM with any thoughts you might have.

I have some different ideas as well, that I will implement when I have some more free time. But free time is hard to find right now with a 2 month old baby. :)

In general I honestly think that simply putting ideas into practice and seeing what that does to the rankings is a good way to go about this. What seems like a good idea in theory might cause some unexpected results in practice. (And I personally prefer implementations that can be explained in a single paragraph and that do not take a math degree to understand. ;))

Thanks for being open to suggestions, my suggestion as I said befores is just 

UR Plats / % Average Rarity

That way people will be motivated to increase the number of UR plats or at least decrease their average rarity playing games that even if dont have an UR plat will help to decrease their rarity and still gaining some points in the leaderboard. Not countig the total plats is the only way of not being overwhelmed by the accounts with ezpz plats even if there is a minimum average rarity to enter.

37 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Thanks, this additional score has been added as the last column in the list.

I have also added the two new people who signed up: @RE_MANIA_97 and @Tomy_IV. The leaderbored has 102 members now.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

That way people will be motivated to increase the number of UR plats or at least decrease their average rarity playing games that even if dont have an UR plat will help to decrease their rarity and still gaining some points in the leaderboard. Not countig the total plats is the only way of not being overwhelmed by the accounts with ezpz plats even if there is a minimum average rarity to enter.

So, if I understand correctly, essentially what you've come up with there is the formula for a leaderboard where if two players both have exactly the same 50 UR plats, but the first one also platted The Walking Dead, or Life is Strange (for example), the second one would rank higher?

Or, to put it another way... you've managed to come up with a Leaderboard, where hiding a completed, non-rare game would actually move someone up, rather than down?