Trophies in CO-OP

zeroy99

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to play couch co op and get the platinum with another player, only the host (player 1) will earn trophies in split screen. It’s very unfortunate in my opinion as I was looking forward to getting the platinum with a buddy.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 0:19 PM, zeroy99 said:

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to play couch co op and get the platinum with another player, only the host (player 1) will earn trophies in split screen. It’s very unfortunate in my opinion as I was looking forward to getting the platinum with a buddy.

In my experience this is how all couch co-op games work sadly.

I remember reading back in the day before the PS4 was released that they were going to allow you to earn trophies on multiple profiles for co-op games but the most recent update I could find was that ultimately they left it up to the developer to choose whether or not that would happen.

I have personally not come across a single game that has couch co-op that let's both users earn trophies at the same time.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:22 AM, HuntingFever said:

There are plenty out there that do, you just have to look for them e.g. the Borderlands franchise, Minecraft: PS4 Edition, certain Lego games etc. :).

That is good to know. I will look forward to playing some of these games with my sister when I get around to them :)