Platty Bird

Smashero

On 9/2/2022 at 11:37 AM, iriihutoR84 said:

We now have five confirmed sequels as well:

q0APoBL.png

My god, when will this parade of constant easy platinums end? What really pisses me off about these games is that they’re $2.49 AND NOT CROSS-BUY!!?? these cheap platinum companies are just milking us trophy hunters of every last drop of cash we got to generate more profits by giving us games like this. As much as I like gaining trophies, games like these are taking away the whole rewarding purpose of earning them and feeling accomplished in the first place. As much as everyone has a choice on whether or not to buy these games with their own money, that’s their business. I’m just speaking what’s on my mind.

On 9/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, UnstoppableRock1 said:

I imagine a number of people are going to defend these games being released on PSN by claiming there is no significant difference between this garbage and Telltale / VNs 

There will always be a huge difference between Telltale and cheap ass games like these. Telltale you at least get an engaging story out of it and you can make your own decisions. Games like this? You can just press one button several times and POP, another platinum like seriously, PSN wasn’t this bad a couple years ago in terms of game releases.

On 9/2/2022 at 11:43 AM, willmill97 said:

Can they just please fuck off with these gobshite spam-ass fuckshit 'games'

At this point, I would like to say the same. I’ve played more than a fair share of these types of games out of curiosity, but enough has got to be enough ?. It’s honestly amazing how the landscape of trophy hunting can change drastically within a span of 3 years (2020-2022). 

On 04/09/2022 at 6:26 PM, UnstoppableRock1 said:

I imagine a number of people are going to defend these games being released on PSN by claiming there is no significant difference between this garbage and Telltale / VNs 

Telltale and the like are brilliant games.. I thoroughly enjoyed them and have spent hundreds of hours on them with multiple playthroughs. Im so happy they will be back with their first new game being The Wolf Among Us 2. Buzzing for that.. I’m currently playing The Walking Dead Season 2 on my Vita while I’m at work with some downtime 

• Like 2

What really sucks for me, is that I actually like mobile-esque games on PSN. I have a family, a very stressful job, and I really like being able to play games like Fallout Shelter and Jetpack Joyride on my playstation. Those games actually require slightly more than just smashing your face repeatedly onto a controller. I wish that was the level of quality we could get from some of these releases. 

Hell, I really liked things like Dungeon Defenders for the same reason. Easy to pick up, had an actual game behind it. Insert Lethal Weapon meme about being to old, etc. etc. 

Edit: If anyone actually knows of any good, mobile-esque games that aren't the whoriest of cash grabs, let me know. 

Edited by iamthedotcom
Added request for suggestions.