Are you thinking of getting this?

UMPiCK24

• 5 months later...

Okay so I just started this because I recently got a PS4 and this was a game in my download list.

First impressions is that it looks cool and plays quite nicely, I do like how it's quite challenging as that can be missing from a lot of games these days, so it's nice to get your fix of that. 

• 1 year later...

Already bought it months ago ended up hating this piece of garbage after boredom and glitches.

Late quote, but I completely agree. This game sucks. It glitched on me (in a sort of good way - I died exactly as I passed a checkpoint, and was invisible and invincible for a time), but this game pales to other "metroidvania" games like Guacamelee. I particularly hate the control.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 2014-12-30 at 3:11 AM, amebapiko said:

First impressions is that it looks cool and plays quite nicely, I do like how it's quite challenging as that can be missing from a lot of games these days, so it's nice to get your fix of that. 

I’m just now checking out Strider for the first time and just wanted to add my thoughts after playing for a few hours. It’s pretty fun so far! People seem say this is a really easy game, but it was kicking my ass in the first hour or so until I kind of figured out what it wants from me.

The coolest thing about the game is how it makes you actually feel like a ninja. At first I was frustrated with the inability to block because there are dozens of bullets coming at you from all directions at once and they chip off so much health in the beginning, but when you start ensuring you’re in constant movement, dicing and deflecting everything in your path and jumping around like a banshee on crack, you sort of get into this rhythm that feels pretty bad ass.

It’s definitely far from my favourite metroidvania that I’ve played. But for what it is it’s pretty awesome.

It’s a reboot of the old Strider on the NES way back in the day. Was before my time and never was able to play it. 

If you enjoy platformers and indies, Strider is a good game worth playing. Nothing is too hard, although I suggest a Youtube guide for the collectibles.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spaz said:

It’s a reboot of the old Strider on the NES way back in the day. Was before my time and never was able to play it. 

If you enjoy platformers and indies, Strider is a good game worth playing. Nothing is too hard, although I suggest a Youtube guide for the collectibles.

Same, I never played it or heard about it until I was reading up on this remake.

After playing for a few more hours I can definitely see why people consider this an easy game now. It’s pretty challenging at spots in the start (on hard) because you’ve only got a smidge of HP and die in just a few hits, but as you start unlocking upgrades and new powers, most of the game becomes a breeze.

I’m having a blast playing it so far and enjoying the fact most of the collectibles seem pretty easy to find by natural exploration. I’ll definitely use a guide to mop up anything I’m missing at the end though. Great game!