Mod issues

psnp staff's goal is to make the gaming experience as miserable as possible, none of the staff have any passion for what they do here, they do not listen to community feedback - and they could remove you from the leaderboards, even temporarily until you wanted to be put back on, however as I said before, the staff here just want to see people as miserable as possible to (probably) inflate their own sense of power, it's within their own interests to not help you op.

21 hours ago, Master__hammer45 said:

psnp staff's goal is to make the gaming experience as miserable as possible, none of the staff have any passion for what they do here, they do not listen to community feedback - and they could remove you from the leaderboards, even temporarily until you wanted to be put back on, however as I said before, the staff here just want to see people as miserable as possible to (probably) inflate their own sense of power, it's within their own interests to not help you op.

The only staff that can remove users from the leaderboard is the CRT, but I stopped doing these sorts of voluntary removal requests because most people felt a giant message saying you‘ve cheated was more anxiety inducing, etc. 

Or worse, the people requesting it would make fake disputes and claim staff abuse, so it’s not done anymore.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Master__hammer45 said:

Whooooo the fucking, whoooooo the fucking, whooooo the fucking hell are youuuuu

Edit: It's a football chant, harmless joke

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Helyx said:

See, here's a prime example of needing a negative reputation feature.

I doubt it would work in this case cause it looks like someone has made the account that doesn’t have the balls to say it to the mods from their own account.

but it could be an interesting feature! I only have to open my mouth here to get bullied and hated on - a) because I get enjoyment from easy games and b.) because some misogynists find it easier to pick on women. I find the mods don’t do anything when it happens either and it’s completely ruined this site for me (and not just me I am friends with a few women on here now that are too scared to post). Maybe if the culprits were worried about negative feedback they’d watch what they were saying. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I’ve been attacked on my profile, my statuses, on posts. I thought the only option I had here was ‘ignore’ which is also a difficult feature to use but something I have implemented when I can find it. I also did find a block feature once upon a time for a very unsavoury character on here but I can’t find it again. The site can be difficult to navigate for a newbie. I’m reported for arguments with people who have taken time out of their day to try to bully me on numerous threads. I can say the same exact thing as any of the men but I will be the one who’s attacked and it has happened countless times. It’s now got to the point they find it hilarious because they get away with it each time - perhaps guilt on my part for being unaware of the reporting issue. Im not going to sit back and not defend myself when I’ve been treated like crap. I understand that’s not your issue, but the mentality of some of the users here. And I understand that you might not see it. I was unaware of a report feature. I don’t know the names of mods. Im relatively new to the site and some of these things are not clear.

Thanks for making me aware, I will make use of the feature if I continue to post. You must appreciate since I have joined, I’ve either been taken the piss out of, had all of my gaming belittled, been name called and bullied because Ive dared to have an opinion or stick up for myself. Or when I think I have found a friend, I’ve been sexually harassed by certain users and then absolutely torn to shreds and gaslighted in my inbox because I want to talk about games and not my masturbation habits. It hasn’t been a pleasant experience for a female here at all. And before people start with - change your picture so they don’t know your sex - I shouldn’t have to! 

It also doesn’t help that the mods are all male - I’ve not seen a woman? A woman’s perspective here is sorely lacking. Some of the insults I have had are disgusting and I don’t think men get it.

I haven’t really felt that the mods are approachable if I’m honest - maybe I have missed a post somewhere about getting in contact with an issue.

Next to how long ago a comment was made, there is a flag icon, click that to report the post and a mod will see it, whilst I’m not in a position to say what is and what is not acceptable, I am only too aware the abuse / sexist statements gamer girls get and I condemn anyone that feels it’s ok to belittle female gamers. 

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Anyway thanks for the advice. Hopefully we will see another female mod one day ??

I'm tempted to suggest you volunteer for it, but I don't think you'd want to subject yourself to even more abuse (the mods and crt get plenty of abuse too)

No easy answer, internet is a cesspit

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I'm tempted to suggest you volunteer for it, but I don't think you'd want to subject yourself to even more abuse (the mods and crt get plenty of abuse too)

No easy answer, internet is a cesspit

im gonna go out on a limb and say I’m that hated within this community there will be an uproar, protests, there will be signage and chants..

but thanks dude ?

7 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

im gonna go out on a limb and say I’m that hated within this community there will be an uproar, protests, there will be signage and chants..

but thanks dude ?

Apparently you haven’t seen the thread when it was announced I became a moderator. 

The forum rules (https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17792-siteforum-rules-jan-6-2016/) outline all the things we implore you to report if you experience them. In the spirit of following the forum rules and not posting off topic further, I encourage you to start a group message with all the moderators to share some of the perspectives we have missed so we can address them in the future. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I don’t remember insinuating you were gay - it’s not really something I would go around saying as an insult so I think you’re remembering that wrong. I think my son is gay and I’m bloody delighted. So it’s a bit of a strange thing for me to say. Usually I’d insult your manhood if someone is being a tosser to me - which you were. That I could believe - but gay? Nope.

Yet in the very same post...

20 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

And they’ll get away with it.. like that idiot above because I didn’t know how to report the abuse they were giving me - which he’s still doing - he’s acting like the victim when him and his bumchums decided to jump on my status and call me countless names and not stop for hours.

Really makes you think. ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I came here to make some friends. You don’t have many being a carer and you certainly don’t have any gamer friends as a nearly middle aged woman. I wanted to have something in common with someone and half the people I have come across have just made me feel shit.

The Trophy checklists section has some decent threads where people primarily discuss games and trophies second (not all of them, naturally). Maybe you can find in there what you're looking for.

‘Bumchums’ is a word for friends. Like the inbetweeners when they’re like ‘awww fwend’ here in the UK anyway. Him and his best bud decided to be absolutely horrible to me for hours and hours. But apparently that’s completely acceptable here. Just waiting for the impending onslaught and everybody coming to his defence. Always the same

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

but thanks dude ?

I think we mostly had negative interactions and I disagree with most of your opinions as you must have noticed, but I wouldn't mind you being a mod if you feel like you could handle it and especially if you feel that a "female perspective" would be an addittion to the site. I don't think your genitalia is the reason for the bullying, but I haven't seen the DMs nor the threads where you were attacked because of your sex, so I could be dead wrong.

As for the thread topic, I don't really have a nice way of putting this, but I would strongly suggest that the OP seeks help. I don't mean this in a derogatory or negative way, but if you enjoy this hobby, but feel pressured by a certain aspect of it there are ways to combat this. Hiding your rank may be a temporary fix, but I'd hate to see you "un-hide" the rank later on just to feel the same way. Trophies are about fun one way or another, so I hope it will stay this way for you as well. I'm glad that Husky offered to add this feature to PSNP though, no matter what I feel like more options are almost universally a positive thing.