Trophy Rarity oddity question

djb5f

I haven’t started this game yet (hopefully will shortly).

Something that jumped out at me is that the MOST common trophy is only at 25%.  That seems very low as how I understand it, to even appear in the stats for a game, you need to have earned a trophy.   Or Perhaps that is only for DLC as we don’t know the real number of owners there.

Either way, even if some people loaded the game on their profile and never earned a trophy, 25% for the most common trophy seems much lower than I’d expect.  There should be a couple of trophies that are pretty common, no?

I’ve never played a sim racing game before, maybe it being a sim plays into the percentages.

I think the 25% stems to the fact that it is relatively difficult and stage specific. You also play a fair bit before you earn your first trophy if I remember correctly. Most of the trophies I earned early on were by accident - spin 3 times and win comes to mind. Rallycross and the standard rally really play different as well. 

This was one of the Plat trophies that I was genuinely elated to get. I play a lot of arcade racers and found this game to be a big learning curve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

I’ve never played a sim racing game before, maybe it being a sim plays into the percentages.

I guess this is your answer. I don't think many people enjoy sim racing because of the difficulty, let alone a sim rally game. This was my first sim racing game (and rally game, for the matter) and I fell in love with the graphics, the sound, and so on. There's only one trophy in particular that you gotta be aware of. It was something between the lines of "getting top 100 with the Audi Quattro on a daily challenge". Now, there was an easier way to get it, but can't rememeber the details. 

• Like 1