Easy way to trigger Ailment Purge?

Qurupeke

Any strategy for this? I used to get afflicted with them all the time at the start, but now that my party is full of immunities and anti-ailment skills it can't happen naturally. I tried going to some weak enemies but the problem is Guard reduces the chances of getting an ailment, and without using items it's basically impossible to stay in a fight long enough. So far wasted about half an hour with some enemies and didn't even got it triggered once. I'm near the end of the game.

Use some food to trigger tough enemies (or just wandering around til you see one of em). Protect Ringo from ailments with trinkets / passive skills / immune to Ruin. Remove Ruin resistance for some of the members of the party (if you are resistant to ruin will be more difficult for the enemies to inflict an ailment to you. If you are immune to Ruin you are immune to the ailments too). When the enemies trigger an ailment to you, just defend/heal HP yourself until it triggers.

I spent a couple of hours tearing my hair out trying to do this, but finally found a way that was quick and relatively painless. My party is between level 67 (Saizo) and 69 (Ringo) with almost all of the upgrades from the COMP shop.

I equipped three Demons weak to Ruin (the lowest level ones I had access to were Bicorn [16], Koropokkur [23] and Onmoraki [20]) to Arrow, Milady and Saizo, making sure I didn’t have any Null/Dodge skills on them. Then headed to Arrow’s Special Area of the Soul Matrix. The enemy you’re looking for is the Succubus (you can set it as your target in the “Enemies” menu to help find one.) I found mine by taking the second teleporter on the right when you walk north along the bridge from the entrance.

Do not slash them; the resulting damage followed by the Sabbath it’s likely to trigger will probably kill the Succubi. Just run into them. Once the fight starts, if you’re lucky, you’ll have multiple Succubi. Kill anything other than the Succubi (being careful not to use Weaknesses, so you don’t accidentally Sabbath-kill the Succubi.) Then for Ringo, just defend. For the party members, use buff or debuff skills, ice skills/attacks on the Succubi (they drain ice element attacks) or items with those effects (or healing items, if you can.) The Succubi love to spam “High Pressure” which has good odds of causing Dread; once a party member gets hit with it, just have them keep guarding.

It only took three turns for everyone but Ringo to get hit with Dread, and two turns after that she triggered Ailment Purge. I don’t know if it affects the odds having all three characters suffering or not, but it can’t hurt (especially given Arrow’s annoying tendency to auto-recover quickly.)

Good luck.

EDIT: Another possible target for the hunt might be the Basilisk (from Milady Sector 3F in the Soul Matrix.) Its only attacks are both high-chance ailments. Again, set them as your search target, don’t slash them, have everyone but Ringo equipped with Ruin-weak Demons and just spam healing/buff/debuff items on their turn until they get hit.

Edited by Ashande
Additional option
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get it with the following on max level and very high stats:

- set difficulty to Hard (Very hard could be more helpful but item used is locked)

- Risky enemy, leave Kali

- Switch to your weakest possible demons with non-attacking skills (buffs, debuffs) to waste turns except on Ringo ofc

- wait for Bomb ailment to be applied then use the commander skill that let's you have 2 turns so you'll have more chance of proccing the ailment purge

Another weird thing I noticed is that it seems that Bomb ailment doesn't occur as much the longer the fight goes.

Another alternative is to reflect back attacks that causes ailment via mistiques, I tried it innate faint on Saizo but it's more time consuming since it's just 1 character