PSP UMD set-top console

DaivRules

I have a PSP-1000 and a back catalog of over 30 UMD Games (probably over 60, but I haven't counted in a couple years.) I know the 2000 and 3000 have video out and the PSP GO can use a DualShock3 with bluetooth.

I would love to mod something together with a 2000 or 3000 and use a DS3 (I'll absolutely settle on a DS2). I essentially want to create a PSP TV just like the Vita TV, since Sony sure isn't. (Wouldn't a hybrid Vita TV that plays UMDs be amazing!) I prefer to do my gaming on my couch and on my TV and as much as I want to get through a bunch of these games, it's just not gonna happen on the PSP's screen. (Also, if my arms are bent in a position so I can see the PSP screen for any significant amount of time, my hands go numb.)

So, I'm *hoping* someone here has some insight or connections on how to hook up a controller to the PSP. If so, please share. I have decent soldering skills and the time and patience to get something working.

This community has been awesome so far, please keep it going and resist telling me that one of the P's in PSP is for Portable. I'm aware, but many of you know, many games out for the PSP deserve to be played on a big screen.

well if you really want to make a psp tv. I suggest to get a pspgo since it does have a tv output and it supports blutooth but for the umd ill just say make a backup for them and place them on the pspgo.. In my opinion its more simple since i have my go for quite a few years and the mods idk never modded anything..

I appreciate the input. I would love the challenge of making a UMD PSP work, though.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/PSP-2000-3000%E7%94%A8-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A2%E3%83%80%E3%83%97%E3%82%BFMAX-wild-gaming-dock/dp/B004M5IESO

If you can read JP at all, you can pick up one from here for about 95 USD. I saw one option on Ebay for ~122 USD, so it might be better to go through Amazon if you have an account with them, and it uses a PS2 controller with the PSP 2000/3000. It's a shame that some things get released in only specific areas though.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/PSP-2000-3000%E7%94%A8-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A2%E3%83%80%E3%83%97%E3%82%BFMAX-wild-gaming-dock/dp/B004M5IESO

If you can read JP at all, you can pick up one from here for about 95 USD. I saw one option on Ebay for ~122 USD, so it might be better to go through Amazon if you have an account with them, and it uses a PS2 controller with the PSP 2000/3000. It's a shame that some things get released in only specific areas though.

I really appreciate the link. Online translators work wonders. Although looking further into it, it seems these devices are notorious for introducing lag between both the controller input and the video output. I'll go back to my original idea of a PSP 2000/3000 mod.