Stars_of_Sirius

Missable trophies are kind of overwhelming me

15 posts in this topic

Update: I have the plat now so editing my post for anyone else who attempts this game. You only need to be aware of two points in the game where you want to make sure you have everything needed before then, and another point that leads you down different paths. 

In order:

1. You can make it all the way to Ashina depths AND sunken valley without worrying about missing anything. You can kill the bosses in those TWO areas as well, just don't pick up the items past those bosses (will change ashina castle layout) until you collect all prosthetic tools, prayer beads, and gourd seeds.

2. After that you will make your way back to the top of Ashina Castle again. Once there you will have to make a choice to stay loyal or forsake kuro. I only mention this point because choosing loyal will lead you to one of three endings (your first playthrough) , and forsake will lead you to the fourth ending (second playthrough). 

3. Then you can make your way all the way to fountainhead palace up to the boss divine dragon at the top of the mountain (don't kill him yet). Make sure you grab what is required for the two missable endings first. Check guide. 

Original post: First of all, missable trophies (and certain collectible trophies) are my least favourite of all trophy types. I prefer just playing the game without having to worry, and being able to go back to clean up what I did miss. 

Reading the missable trophies on the guide and all the steps confuses the shit out of me. Can someone make a simplified less overwhelming version of the steps that are missable in order? So I only need to focus on those and then I can go back and clean up the other steps. 

I'll do some more research on my end and make a checklist but figured I might get a better and quicker answer if I make a post. Thanks to anyone who replies with information regarding my question. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius

2 hours ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

First of all, missable trophies (and certain collectible trophies) are my least favourite of all trophy types. I prefer just playing the game without having to worry, and being able to go back to clean up what I did miss. 

Reading the missable trophies on the guide and all the steps confuses the shit out of me. Can someone make a simplified less overwhelming version of the steps that are missable in order? So I only need to focus on those and then I can go back and clean up the other steps. 

I'll do some more research on my end and make a checklist but figured I might get a better and quicker answer if I make a post. Thanks to anyone who replies with information regarding my question. 

I think guide makes this as simple as it gets. Fact that there are lot of steps to aqcuire specific ending doesn't mean these steps are complicated. Just pay attention to certain ending description while you're aiming at it and that's it.

In general, I find Soulsborne games always look and feel really overwhelming at first when thumbing through the guides, but when it comes down to it they’re actually pretty straightforward.

It’s been a long time since I played Sekiro so I can’t remember exactly what you have to do, but like @maniek515 says, the guide actually does a pretty good job explaining things and has key steps highlighted in bold font.

You may also want to check out PowerPyx’s guide as the formatting has a bit less text and might be a little less confusing for you.

===

Basically though, in Sekiro you can do whatever you want up until you reach both Corrupted Monk and the Guardian Ape fights. Keep an eye out for these as defeating each of these bosses and interacting with the items behind them will change the Ashina castle area on your return.

So do not fight them until you are ready! You will want to fully clear the castle and collect and obtain the prayer beads and other crucial items from all the mini bosses there, as some of them will disappear after defeating the 2 aforementioned bosses and changing the castle environment.

After returning to the “changed” Ashina Castle environment, there are a couple easy but key steps to setting up the endings. These are bolded in the guide in Step #3 so you should have a fairly easy time following along as you continue the game.

Hope that helps a tiny bit. Good luck!

.........it's pretty much in order, you just have to read it, I didn't have any problems with missables since I played once for each ending, and the game gets easier the further you go so you can just mop up anything you missed.... just Ishin, he gave me a headache.

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

In general, I find Soulsborne games always look and feel really overwhelming at first when thumbing through the guides, but when it comes down to it they’re actually pretty straightforward.

It’s been a long time since I played Sekiro so I can’t remember exactly what you have to do, but like @maniek515 says, the guide actually does a pretty good job explaining things and has key steps highlighted in bold font.

You may also want to check out PowerPyx’s guide as the formatting has a bit less text and might be a little less confusing for you.

===

Basically though, in Sekiro you can do whatever you want up until you reach both Corrupted Monk and the Guardian Ape fights. Keep an eye out for these as defeating each of these bosses and interacting with the items behind them will change the Ashina castle area on your return.

So do not fight them until you are ready! You will want to fully clear the castle and collect and obtain the prayer beads and other crucial items from all the mini bosses there, as some of them will disappear after defeating the 2 aforementioned bosses and changing the castle environment.

After returning to the “changed” Ashina Castle environment, there are a couple easy but key steps to setting up the endings. These are bolded in the guide in Step #3 so you should have a fairly easy time following along as you continue the game.

I appreciate it. That's more or less what I was looking for: where I can do whatever I want up to a point.  And you're right about souls/borne games trophies being more intimidating when reading through them first. 

6 hours ago, HaserPL said:

Yes someone will definitely waste their time because you don't want to waste yours. 

Putting aside you coming off as an asshole (though I get where you're coming from), I don't expect anyone to give me the information. Some people don't mind and even enjoy answering others questions with their own words or to point someone in the right direction even if that information is already out there. I am most active on reddit and when I see questions asked before etc I still answer because I don't mind.  I wouldn't call people replying and helping others wasting their time. 

5 hours ago, maniek515 said:

I think guide makes this as simple as it gets. Fact that there are lot of steps to aqcuire specific ending doesn't mean these steps are complicated. Just pay attention to certain ending description while you're aiming at it and that's it.

It's more so worrying about missing a step and not being able to go back, and wondering what steps of those are missable. I'm sure when I start the game the steps will make more sense. Thanks for replying. 

Edited by Stars_of_Sirius

53 minutes ago, Stars_of_Sirius said:

It's more so worrying about missing a step and not being able to go back, and wondering what steps of those are missable. I'm sure when I start the game the steps will make more sense. Thanks for replying. 

I know what you mean. I looked up the guide briefly before playing the game myself and was at least confused with all the information about how to trigger different endings.

But like you said, it will become much more comprehendible when you start playing and you won't have any trouble following steps from the guide once you finish the game for the first time. 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:42 AM, dieselmanchild said:

On that note, is it ok if I enter the fight but die? Or do I have to avoid even starting the boss battle at all?

3 hours ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

On that note, is it ok if I enter the fight but die? Or do I have to avoid even starting the boss battle at all?

That shouldn’t matter, I believe it’s killing them and then interacting with the items/statues behind them that triggers the world change. I think there’s like a cutscene and some stuff happens to let you know you triggered the change.

But it’s best to just avoid the boss arenas entirely and focus on grabbing any collectibles and important items from Ashina Castle and it’s surrounding area before you go in there.

3 hours ago, RayShuttlesworth said:

13 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

interacting with the items/statues behind them

This also make the other area harder. If you interact with the item behind Guardian Ape, it'll make Mibu Village harder because of phantom enemies and vice versa. The item interaction changes Ashina castle so killing them is fine. When you are ready you can pick up those two items.

I can relate to what the OP is saying.  While I haven't played Sekiro yet, I am playing through Demon's Souls (the original PS3) and there are A LOT of missable trophies.  I get the feeling of being overwhelmed a bit.  At the same time, I'm closely following TWO guides and doing plenty of Google searches for any other information I may need.  Yes, it is a little exhausting at times and it can be a pain, but I want that platinum so....🤷‍♂️ That's why I'm switching between three different games now.  When I feel a little burnout with Demon's Souls, but I still have the itch to game and trophy hunt, I just switch to another game for a day or two.  Soulsbourne games are NOT casual.  At all.  Closely following a guide and doing your research are part of the process with these games if you want the platinum/100%.  It's just part of the process that one has to accept with these games when focusing on the platinum.

EDIT: Well, for reference, I just took a look at this sites guides for both Demon's Souls (PS3) which I have been using regularly as of late and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.  ACCORDING TO THE GUIDES....Demon's Souls has 21 missable trophies.  Sekiro?  Three.  No shade at the OP, but Sekiro doesn't seem that bad.  These games just require a lot of homework and prep.  Earning Soulsbourne platinums, any of them, is difficult, time consuming and a pain-in-the-ass.  But damn, it's nice when you finally hear and see it pop! 😁

Edited by Spider-Man916

On 11/22/2022 at 3:57 PM, dieselmanchild said:

That shouldn’t matter, I believe it’s killing them and then interacting with the items/statues behind them that triggers the world change. I think there’s like a cutscene and some stuff happens to let you know you triggered the change.

But it’s best to just avoid the boss arenas entirely and focus on grabbing any collectibles and important items from Ashina Castle and it’s surrounding area before you go in there.

Good to know, thanks! Although I am a bit unclear as to knowing when it's safe for me to progress past these 2 bosses.

I have 9 out of 10 gourd seeds, found 25 prayer beads, have all prosthetic tools except for one that Guardian ape would give me, have the ashina and temple arts skill trees...

I backed up my save but I just don't wanna accidentally miss anything lol

On 11/22/2022 at 4:23 PM, Spider-Man916 said:

I can relate to what the OP is saying.  While I haven't played Sekiro yet, I am playing through Demon's Souls (the original PS3) and there are A LOT of missable trophies.  I get the feeling of being overwhelmed a bit.  At the same time, I'm closely following TWO guides and doing plenty of Google searches for any other information I may need.  Yes, it is a little exhausting at times and it can be a pain, but I want that platinum so....🤷‍♂️ That's why I'm switching between three different games now.  When I feel a little burnout with Demon's Souls, but I still have the itch to game and trophy hunt, I just switch to another game for a day or two.  Soulsbourne games are NOT casual.  At all.  Closely following a guide and doing your research are part of the process with these games if you want the platinum/100%.  It's just part of the process that one has to accept with these games when focusing on the platinum.

EDIT: Well, for reference, I just took a look at this sites guides for both Demon's Souls (PS3) which I have been using regularly as of late and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.  ACCORDING TO THE GUIDES....Demon's Souls has 21 missable trophies.  Sekiro?  Three.  No shade at the OP, but Sekiro doesn't seem that bad.  These games just require a lot of homework and prep.  Earning Soulsbourne platinums, any of them, is difficult, time consuming and a pain-in-the-ass.  But damn, it's nice when you finally hear and see it pop! 1f601.png

Yea it's funny cuz you could speed run Bloodborne or Sekiro in under half an hour if you know what to do and where to go.

I don't mind the slow methodical approach though. I actually quite enjoy them actually! The world of souls games can be scary and unforgiving sometimes and it's good to learn from those who have conquered them lol

Edited by RayShuttlesworth
spacing

On 2022-11-25 at 9:23 AM, RayShuttlesworth said:

Good to know, thanks! Although I am a bit unclear as to knowing when it's safe for me to progress past these 2 bosses.

I have 9 out of 10 gourd seeds, found 25 prayer beads, have all prosthetic tools except for one that Guardian ape would give me, have the ashina and temple arts skill trees...

I wish I could be more specific for ya but it’s been ages since I played this game. From what I remember though, I think it’s only a very small number of collectibles that are technically missable. 

I would simply recommend checking a collectibles guide somewhere (I think PowerPyx might have a good one on his site that is organized in the general order of progression) and go through all the collectibles in Ashina Castle/surrounding area and be sure you’ve grabbed them all. After that you will be good to move on. If you’re still feeling skittish just make a backup of your save on the cloud or USB just in case. 🙂

On 11/22/2022 at 8:23 PM, Spider-Man916 said:

EDIT: Well, for reference, I just took a look at this sites guides for both Demon's Souls (PS3) which I have been using regularly as of late and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.  ACCORDING TO THE GUIDES....Demon's Souls has 21 missable trophies.  Sekiro?  Three.  No shade at the OP, but Sekiro doesn't seem that bad.  These games just require a lot of homework and prep.  Earning Soulsbourne platinums, any of them, is difficult, time consuming and a pain-in-the-ass.  But damn, it's nice when you finally hear and see it pop! 1f601.png

I updated my post if you end up playing sekiro and want to know the points when items become missable. Also I did demon souls a while ago and fuck those missable trophies. Sekiro is actually pretty forgiving for missables, the guide just intimidated me at first.