Just a heads up, a few discs appear to not be working for people

I've heard from a few people that some PS5 physical versions of the game doesn't appear to be working, with the console simply claiming the disc is "unsupported". This seems to specifically be affecting the collector's edition for some reason.

Unsure if this also affects the standard editions or PS4 version, I haven't seen any reports on it.

Doesn't seem too widespread and there isn't a lot of info on it, so I'm not sure if it's due to a factory defect with some discs or something else. There's been other PS5 games with similar strange issues, like the PS5 version of Undernauts: Labyrinth of Yomi, but in this case, it only seems to be affecting select copies, so it seems it's unfortunately more likely to be a batch of the games have some kind of factory defect, though nothing is confirmed yet.

Just thought I should make people aware, especially if you don't plan to install/play this game for some time - can't imagine the frustration of finding out you have a non-working disc when it's past the warranty period. May be best to test out your discs even if you don't plan to play it right away.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
My dumbass brain somehow thought Trek to Yomi and Labyrinth of Yomi were the same thing. Have now fixed it
  • Like 2