The All Story Backlog Journey

Allstory_noplat

Picture 14131138

Just like this view, my backlog is wide and vast with over 400 titles. I had a previous account, but it was hard for me to focus on what I want because my mind was in two places. I wanted to beat my backlog but I also hated making my account go backwards. The only recourse was to wipe the slate clean. 

I have always been a gamer. I got my first taste on the Atari and NES which is all I had until High school. One of my friends had a PS1 and I saw some of the games. I knew I wanted one too. So my forst big paycheck went to a PS1 and two games, Castlevania SOFN and Resident Evil Directors Cut. I believe RE1 also had the demo for FF7 which I loved. I ended up with over a hundred titles. When PS2 came out I upgraded to that and had both systems for many years. In 2005, I began to look to upgrade and did the unthinkable and went with a 360. That is where I first got the hunting bug. I did like the challenge of going for the achievements but over time I just wanted to raise my gamerscore over my friends, no matter the game. For a present one year I got a PS4 and so I traded in my Xbox and everything with it, leaving hunting aside for a time. I did not get a completion until almost a good 18 months after I bought the console. Once I did though, I was on the forums here and completing community events. I had some good Platinum's and ones that I really did not like. It began to feel empty though in recent times. This is one of many activities that I needed to do to get to a healthier frame of mind. 

What I have begun to realize is that when I am wrapped up in the narrative and engaged is when I am having the most fun gaming. I used to follow guides to get through titles as quick as possible, but that takes the point out of what it means to game. While I experience new titles I also want to go back a replay some of those games too. There are only a few that I lost when I reset my vita, since it does not allow multiple users. While that is a bummer from a financial standpoint, I still have so much more, and most are either a cross buy, or can be bought digital or physical again. It is not something I will let hold me back. 

It is time to just rediscover the fun of gaming.. 

Working On:

Cup Head

Man of Medan

PS4/PS5 Collection

Spoiler

11-11
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
99Vidas
A King's Tale
A memoir Blue
A Plague Tale
A Short Hike
A Sketchbook about her Sun
A Street Cats Tale
Abo Khashem
Abzu
Adventure Capitalist
Aer: Memories of old
Aery A journey beyond time
Aery A new frontier
Aery Little Bird Adventure
Aery Sky Castle
Agatha Knife
Akiba's Trip
Alphadia Genesis
Alphadia Genesis 2
Alvastia Chronicles
Ambition Record
American Fugitive
Among the Sleep
Another World
antiquia lost
Ape Escape
Apex Legends
Armello
Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry
Astro Bot
Astro's Playroom
Atelier Sophie 2
Attack on Titan
Attack on Titan 2
Baseball Riot
Bastion
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Knight
Batman Telltale
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battle Chasers Nightwar
Battlefield V
Beat Saber
Beyond Eyes
Beyond Two souls
Big City Stories
Big Dipper
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Bioshock Infinate
Birthday After midnight
Black Mirror
Blackwood Crossing
Bleach Brave Souls
Blood and Truth
BloodBorne
Bonds of the Skies
Borderlands 2
Borderlands pre-sequel
Bridge Constructor the Walking Dead
Broken Age
Brothers
Bulletstorm
Bully
Burly men at sea
Call of Duty Black Ops 3
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty MW 2
Call of Duty MW remaster
Call of Duty WW2
Caravan Stories
Castlevania Requiem
Cat Quest
Cat Quest 2
Child of Light
Chroma Quaternion
Chrono Cross
Chronus Arc
Cities: Skylines
The Church in the darkness
Claire
Clicker Heroes
Coffee Break
Coffee Talk
Colossus Down
Conan Exiles
Concrete Genie
Control
Cook Serve Delicious 2
Cosmic Star Heroine
Crash 2
Crash 4
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Warped
Cris Tales
Crystal Ortha
CupHead
Curse of the Dead Gods
Cybarian
Dark Rose Valkarie
Darkest Dungeon
Darksiders III
Dauntless
Day of the Tentacle
Days Gone
Dead by Daylight
Dead Cells
Dear Esther
Death Stranding
Deiland
Deliver us the Moon
Demetrios
Destiny 2
Detroit Become Human
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Devious Dungeon
Devious Dungeon 2
dirt 5
Dirt Rally 2
Distraint
Divekick
Doctor Who The Eternity Clock
Doctor Who VR
Doki Doki Literature Club
Dont Bite Me Bro
Donut County
Doraemon: Story of Seasons
Dr Who Sequel
Dr. Who the Lonely Assassins
Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
Dragon Lapis
Dragon Quest 11
Dragon Sinker
Dragooned
Dreamworks Voltron VR
Eiyuden Chronicles
Elex
Emerald Shores
Enter the Gungeon
erica
Eternal Hope
Everybody Golf VR
Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
Fade to Silence
Fall out Shelter
Fallen Legion
Fallout 4
Far Cry 5
Farming Simulator 19
Farpoint
Fe
Fernz Gate
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy Type 0
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XV
Firewatch
Five Night at Freddy's Security Breach
Flow
Flower
For Honor
Forma .8
Foul Play
Frane: dragons Odyssey
Full Throttle
Game of Thrones
Geshin Impact
Ghost Sync
Goat Simulator
God of War 2018
God of War III
Goosebumps
Gran Turismo 7
grand Kingdom
Gravity Rush2
Greak
Greedfall
Grim Fandango
Gris
Gunhouse
Gwent
Hades
Hatoful Boyfriends Holiday Star
Heavy Rain
Heroes Trials
Hidden Through Time
Hitman
Hitman Go
Hollow Knight
Horizon Chase Turbo
Horizon Zero Dawn
House Flipper
Iconoclasts
Idle Champions
Illusion of L'phancia
In rays of the Light
Infamous Second Son
Infinite Links
Injustice: Gods Among Men
Inksplsion
Into a Dream
Island Saver
J-Stars victory VS+
Jack N Jill DX
Jak and Daxter
Jigsaw Abundance
Jigsaw Zen
Journey
Journey of a Broken Circle
Jurassic World Evolution 2
Just Cause 3
Just Cause 4
Just Die Already
Justice Chronicle
Kena
King Oddball
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom hearts Birth by Sleep
Kingdom Hearts Rechain of Memories
Kingdoms of Amalur
Kitten Squad
Knack
Laracroft Go
legend of ixtona
Legends of Talia
Lego Batman 2
Lego DC Supervillans
Lego Dimensions
Lego Harry Potter 1-4
Lego Harry Potter 5-7
Lego Ninjago
Lego Star Wars
Lego The Hobbit
Letter Quest
Liege Dragon
Life is Strange
Life is Strange 2
Life is Strange True Colors

Life is Strange: Beyond the Sleep

Little Misfortune 

Little Nightmares
Little Nightmares 2
Long Live the Queen
Loot Hero DX
Lords of the Fallen
Lost Sphear
Mad Max
Mafia III

Man Eater

Manifold Garden

Marvel Guardians Telltale
Marvel Spiderman
MechaNika
Metal Gear Solid V
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Mighty #9
MLB The Show 19
Mom Hid my game
Monochrome Order
Monster Energy Supercross
Monster Viator
Moss
My big sister
My brother ate my pudding
My brother rabbit
My Hero One's Justice
My name is Mayo
My Time at Portia
Naruto to Baruto
NBa 2k19 the prelude
Need for Speed Payback
Neverwinter
Ni No Kuni 2
Nickelodeon All star brawl
Nightmares From the Deep 2
Nioh
Octo Dad
old man's Journey
Omega Quintent
On Rush
Outlast 2
Outward
Overcooked
Overrouge
Pantsu Hunter
Paper Beast
Paraiso Island
path of exile
Pathfinder
Persona 5
Persona 5 Strikers
Pillars of Eternity
Pillars of the Earth
Planet Coaster
Playroom VR
Poi
Portal Knights
Prominence Poker
Psychonauts
PunchLine
Puzzle Showdown 4k
Pyre
Q Bert
rainbow moon
Rainbow Skies
Randal's Monday
Ratchet and Clank
Ravenous Devils
Rayman Legends
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit
Red Bow
Regalia of Men and Monarchs
Remnant From the Ashes
Resident Evil
Revenant Saga
Richy's Nightmare
Rime
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Road Bustle
Rocketbirds 2
Rogue Aces
Roller Coaster Dreams
Roombo First Blood
RPGolf Legends
Ruinverse

Saint Row Gat out of Hell

Sayonara Wild Hearts

Seasons after fall
Seek Hearts
Sephirothic Stories
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Shape of the World
Shiness
Skyrim
Skyrim VR
Slay the Spire
Slender the Arrival
Sniper Elite 4
Solo
Soma
Sonic Forces

Sonic Mania

South of the Circle

South Park TFBW
South Park The Stick of Truth
Space Overlord
Sparkle 2
Sponge Bob
Stardew Valley
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Star Wars: Squadrons
Steve Jackson's Sorcery
Stories The Path of Destinies
Stranded Deep
Stranger Things 3
Stray
Subnautica
Summer in Mara
Sword Art online Hollow Realization
Sword Art Online Re Hollow Fragment
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
Sword of Elipsia
Swordbreaker
Tales of the Borderlands
Tera
The Artful Escape
The Assembly
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
The Bridge
The Caligula Effect
The Deadly Tower of Monsters

The Last of Us

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

The Little Acre
The Longest Road on Earth
The Midnight Sanctuary
The Outer Worlds
The Perisitance
The Psychoduck

The Sims 4

The Suicide of Rachel Foster

The Surge
The Surge 2
the Swords of Ditto
The Talos Principle
The Technomancer
The Town of Light
The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners
The Witcher 3
The Witness
Three fourths Home
Thumper
Tina Toy Factory
Tiny Tina's Assault Assault on Dragonkeep
Titanfall 2
Tokyo Xanadu EX+
Tony Hawk 1+2
Transformers: Devastation
Transistor
Trials Fusion
Tribes of Midgard
Tropico 5
Truberbrook
Two Point Hospital
Uncanny Valley
Uncharted 1
Uncharted 2
Uncharted 3
Uncharted 4
Uncharted Lost Legacy
Undertale
Uno
Unpacking
Unravel
Until Dawn
Until Dawn Rush of Blood
until you fall
Untitled Goose Game
valiant hearts
Valkyria Chronicles
Vampyr
Vigor
Virginia
Virtua Fighter 5
What Remains of Edith Fitch
Whispering Willows
Wipeout Omega
Wizards of Brandel
Word Search by Powgi
Worms Rumble
Xcom 2
Xenon Valkarie +
Xposed Reloaded
Yakuza Kiwami
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Zaccaria Pinball
Zombi
Zombie Army 4

Nintendo Switch Collection: 

Spoiler

Animal Crossing
Assassin Creed III
Cozy Grove
Hollow Night
Jump Force
Mary Skelter 1 + 2

PS Vita Physical Collection:

Spoiler

Aegis of Earth

Final Fantasy X

Lego Batman 2

Lego The Lord of the Rings
MeiQ
Persona 4 Golden
Summon Night 6
Sword Art Online: Lost Song

Edited by Allstory_noplat
  • Like 4

Lf10f27.png

1Le5141e.png

This was the first game I 100% completed previously. It just felt fitting to go back and experience it again. It also has a very touching and moving story. I know alot of people don't like walking sims, yes they can be slow moving I can agree with that. If you moved faster though you my miss something that may be important. If you get lost in the narrative and the world around you these games become a great puzzle to solve.

Gone Home, opened up this genre to me. You are an young adult woman coming home from a extended trip abroad. Only when you get there, no one is home and on the door your sister left a note saying she is gone. You learn the story by picking up certain items in the house, when you do an audio diary will play, it is your sister letting you know the why of her note. There is no indicator of which of the items it will be so it pays to examine everything. Along the way, in the items you find the parents story as well, The dad is a  struggling author and the mom is an up and coming forest ranger. You learn their struggles and how they are trying to "help" their daughter in hers. There is also a possible ghost mystery, even though the devs say there are no spirits in the game. It is a dark creepy house though, during a thunder storm and I swear sometimes it seems like the shadows move. The main story though is good emotional tale. 

Listening to the diary entries you cant help but feel for her struggles of finding her place in the world. Along with it, you get some great indie punk music and the rest of the soundtrack fits well with whatever is going on the narrative. I enjoy this game very time I play it. It was a good mood setter to get me back into just enjoying the flow of a game. 

So what can you expect coming up?

Well as mentioned in the OP, I started Cup Head. It is a fun challenge so far and I did start Last Stop today as an offset for when I am not in that mood. 

• Like 3

Some really good games there. I’ve done a fair few of them myself so I’ll help in any way I can. I keep having burnouts but when I help someone with something I have done and share my tips etc, it makes me feel a lot better and motivates me to play more. I’ve always wanted to do a thread like this myself but I am awful at updating things and and keeping on track so I enjoy just following other people’s threads. 

There’s also a couple of games in your backlog that I want to do so maybe our paths will cross ?

2 minutes ago, Allstory_noplat said:

Lf10f27.png

1Le5141e.png

This was the first game I 100% completed previously. It just felt fitting to go back and experience it again. It also has a very touching and moving story. I know alot of people don't like walking sims, yes they can be slow moving I can agree with that. If you moved faster though you my miss something that may be important. If you get lost in the narrative and the world around you these games become a great puzzle to solve.

Gone Home, opened up this genre to me. You are an young adult woman coming home from a extended trip abroad. Only when you get there, no one is home and on the door your sister left a note saying she is gone. You learn the story by picking up certain items in the house, when you do an audio diary will play, it is your sister letting you know the why of her note. There is no indicator of which of the items it will be so it pays to examine everything. Along the way, in the items you find the parents story as well, The dad is a  struggling author and the mom is an up and coming forest ranger. You learn their struggles and how they are trying to "help" their daughter in hers. There is also a possible ghost mystery, even though the devs say there are no spirits in the game. It is a dark creepy house though, during a thunder storm and I swear sometimes it seems like the shadows move. The main story though is good emotional tale. 

Listening to the diary entries you cant help but feel for her struggles of finding her place in the world. Along with it, you get some great indie punk music and the rest of the soundtrack fits well with whatever is going on the narrative. I enjoy this game very time I play it. It was a good mood setter to get me back into just enjoying the flow of a game. 

Well as mentioned in the OP, I started Cup Head. It is a fun challenge so far and I did start Last Stop today as an offset for when I am not in that mood. 

I remember playing Gone Home a while ago and couldn’t believe how such a small indie game could be so good. There’s not even a lot to the game it just resonated with me. 

If I’m playing a difficult game, I like to play something else alongside it for when I’m not in the mood to play sweaty and just want a casual gaming session lol. So good luck with Cuphead anyway!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shaun1094 said:

Some really good games there. I’ve done a fair few of them myself so I’ll help in any way I can. I keep having burnouts but when I help someone with something I have done and share my tips etc, it makes me feel a lot better and motivates me to play more. I’ve always wanted to do a thread like this myself but I am awful at updating things and and keeping on track so I enjoy just following other people’s threads. 

There’s also a couple of games in your backlog that I want to do so maybe our paths will cross 1f44d.png

I remember playing Gone Home a while ago and couldn’t believe how such a small indie game could be so good. There’s not even a lot to the game it just resonated with me. 

If I’m playing a difficult game, I like to play something else alongside it for when I’m not in the mood to play sweaty and just want a casual gaming session lol. So good luck with Cuphead anyway!

Hey thanks for stopping by, I hope to see you around more. Burnout is a huge thing, It is why I am getting back into reading and other activities, It will make my spouse happier too if I game less. Maybe just a slight addition of another activity will help. 

There are plenty of people with very casual threads that get to it when they can, don't let that deter you. It is a great way to express yourself, at least I think so. If there is a game that you want to team up on, let me know. 

I cant agree more on Gone Home, for such a simple game it just grabs you. It is one of those games where I do not mind a replay now and again. 

• Like 1

Time to rediscover the fun of gaming, and then you go ahead and list (what I have been told is) a very hard game to complete in Cuphead ? 

Kidding aside, I'm liking the list so far. Are you planning on finishing these three and then starting another three?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Allstory_noplat said:

Lf10f27.png

1Le5141e.png

Great choice to start off your journey with!

I remember also being really surprised at how much I loved this game. I sat down to play it and ended up dedicating a Sunday afternoon to playing through the entire thing. I think the fact that it was short enough to play in one long sitting ended up benefitting it because I got fully immersed and didn't have to stop and come back later.

Today is my 41st Birthday. Yikes what a thing to say, I only feel older than that...lol. 

Last night we did our first ever escape room. We did not make the time limit. We may have needed another 15 mins and I think we would have made it out. It was a Saw themed room called The Collector. I thought I would be pretty good since I have played some mobile escape room games but this was next level in detail and puzzles. You have to e really good to get one of these done in half the time. The guy overseeing us was funny, with this offhanded " your not the worst I have seen so don't feel bad" Then it was on to drinks but I was the driver so I had to stay semi sober. Today is a chill day with pizza, beer and friends. 

16 hours ago, NZBigC said:

Time to rediscover the fun of gaming, and then you go ahead and list (what I have been told is) a very hard game to complete in Cuphead 1f605.png 

Kidding aside, I'm liking the list so far. Are you planning on finishing these three and then starting another three?

Cuphead is a tough game but also really fun. I wanted to play it before but now I am just going for it. My plan is only one or two at a time. I will have something lowkey on the days I dont want to stress out with Cuphead. I seem to be able to get a boss , maybe two in a session. Maybe I will start putting some recording on the thread to show my progress. 

15 hours ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Lots of fantastic games in your backlog. Is there a method to the madness; how will you choose your next games to play?

There is alot of great stuff that I have yet to experience. I have a small list of 20 where these are the next I want to play. I also want to get into the habit of if I buy it, it is because I am going to play it right away. This may help with overspending on sales. 

12 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Great choice to start off your journey with!

I remember also being really surprised at how much I loved this game. I sat down to play it and ended up dedicating a Sunday afternoon to playing through the entire thing. I think the fact that it was short enough to play in one long sitting ended up benefitting it because I got fully immersed and didn't have to stop and come back later.

It was a great game, It has just the right length, and difficulty to go with the great voice acting story and environment. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you back soon. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon,

I completed my last game a few day ago and finally have a moment to write a bit about it. 

Lf042c1.png Last Stop

36Ld9cbad.png Finish the Adventure

How long to beat 6 hours

Metacritic score: 65

For my next game I decided to go with one of new favorite publishers. From the publisher of Stray and The Outer Wilds is this short narrative adventure. Last stop follows three different characters and in a way can be compared to 13 Sentinels by virtue that you have to complete a subchapter for each character in the chapter before being able to move on in the narrative. Two of the stories are of a paranormal sort while the third is a spy thriller that at first does not seem to fit with the rest.  The stories that were presented were entertaining, and had some good moments. Some even me laugh out loud. Add to that some good voice work and music, the game holds together well. Where it does not is visually and few other minor complaints. 

Picture 14159563

Graphically, as you can see above it is somewhat underwhelming. It serves the purpose but does not use the PS5 to its potential. It is said that they drew inspiration from Virginia. So that me be why. There were also these weird angles as you walking. By themselves it was fine but there would be obstacles like lamp post or trashcans that were obstructed because of the angle. It was also painfully slow to walk anywhere with no option to move faster unless it was for the story. Lastly dialogue choices. They were only there it seemed for trophies. They mostly do not have much of an impact, but had trophies tied to certain decisions. So replays are needed of you did not use a guide. 

Good game but I am now excited to move on to the next. 

Working on:

Man of Medan PS+
Cup Head 3 coins to buy smoke screen

Short completion wish list  
Bioshock Series
Little Misfortune PS4
Kena PS5
Harvestella Demo Switch
Lego Batman 2 Vita
Voltron VR

La40337.png

11L08c632.png Somewhere Else

How long to beat 3 hours

Metacritic score: 82

Picture 14169737

As the picture above shows, Little Misfortune may look like a cute adventure title. It is nothing of the sort. I got it on one of the last sales, thinking it was a something like The Little Acre. You have a girl going on an adventure, to "Win the Game", following the well spoken narrator like a children's show or something. It has that feel but relies on shock and South Park humor to hold the whole game together. It actually stuffed in alot of dark humor into it. Seriously if you have an issue with any of the following as a reference or that it is included into the game, stay away,

Abortion

Domestic Violence

Alcoholism

Suicide

Prostitution

Strip Clubs

Ecstasy

Meth Labs

Projectile Diarrhea 

and a little girl thinking of exposing herself to get into a zoo like mom does to get her " Juice". 

The game itself is just ok. I dont know why it is so high on Metacritic. The voice acting for the girl is annoying. There are alot of games that handle these subjects much better. Oh and the trophies are set up that unless you save smartly you will be locked out of some trophies and have to do a second playthrough. Not worth it. 

• 2 weeks later...

L1b8fd6.png

Metacritic score: 82

Time to beat:  90 minutes

What a great title. I am glad I picked it up on a sale. It is one of those games, pretty easy to play through but you will need really good reflexes to get the best scores. Well the Plat rarity is 22% so maybe not that much. It is one to consider going back to again. The music is great and you just cant go wrong with it for an evening of fun. FyI, this game has no story completion trophy, most are for extra requirements that you can only do after the main story and some after you get gold on each level. 

Edited by Allstory_noplat
  • Like 2