Trophy thoughts

Tristan1427

39 minutes ago, Super_Mep said:

I honestly had no idea this was coming out so soon. My daughter will be excited

It won't be FREE on PS until next year, although you can pay £25 for the foundation pack to play it from the 6th.  Although you can't pre-order it on PSN so maybe they will drop it as an extra PS+ Game, since its going free on Game Pass from day 1.

51 minutes ago, Caesar Clown said:

PC version has an avatar creator if you want to see what that's like. Gives you a code too so you can import your character into the game (on any platform).

Interesting trophy card. That's not a game screenshot I assume. xD

I might play it for my nieces because they are two cute girls who probably would die if they saw me playing a Disney game. :P

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cusmics said:

Does anyone know when it'll be available for pre-order? Been looking intently

According to the devs, PlayStation doesn't allow pre-orders of early access games. So the game launches on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. 

The trophy list does a grindy, which I'm fine with because as others have pointed out it'll be a game you log in daily or fairly often and do things over time. From what I know, I think a lot of the quests are incrementational so you can only do so much until you've unlocked certain things to trigger the next quest. We may not see anyone with platinum for a few weeks or months? It'll be interesting.

Edited by PortaLuna

41 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

According to the devs, PlayStation doesn't allow pre-orders of early access games. So the game launches on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time. 

The trophy list does a grindy, which I'm fine with because as others have pointed out it'll be a game you log in daily or fairly often and do things over time. From what I know, I think a lot of the quests are incrementational so you can only do so much until you've unlocked certain things to trigger the next quest. We may not see anyone with platinum for a few weeks or months? It'll be interesting.

I plan on playing it as my casual game anyway to the side, plus huge disney fan, the grindy plat is just a plus for me ngl. Got a price?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

No pre-order on Steam either, assume all other platforms are probably the same.

This is a game meant to be played over a long period of time, so the list is fine. Probably take a real world few months to complete if you can't do any time tricks for daily conversations.

4 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

No pre-order on Steam either, assume all other platforms are probably the same.

This is a game meant to be played over a long period of time, so the list is fine. Probably take a real world few months to complete if you can't do any time tricks for daily conversations.

Steam has the same policy, Xbox, Epic and switch have the pre-orders up.

5 hours ago, Cusmics said:

I plan on playing it as my casual game anyway to the side, plus huge disney fan, the grindy plat is just a plus for me ngl. Got a price?

29.99 is the lowest founders pack, $49.99 and then 69.99.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Taruta13 said:

Interesting trophy card. That's not a game screenshot I assume. xD

It's from a Simpsons short on Disney+. They could finally (legally) use any Disney characters they wanted, so they had Goofy drowning his sorrows at Moe's.

Looks like someone has the game now, so maybe there will be more information soon.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, BennyWalton66 said:

I assume you can do multiple daily chat tasks otherwise it'll take 3+ years for anyone to get the plat.

It's probably like Animal Crossing where you have multiple people in your park or town or whatever they'll call it and every day you can talk to all them for the progress towards this. They might also limit our other actions in the game like you can only fish twenty times before waiting for some timer to refresh our bait. We gotta remember this is Gameloft so expect as much mobile BS to appear in this game as possible.

15 hours ago, csand670 said:

I wouldn't call it too grindy. Most of the tasks are very general. Maybe around 50 hours? But hopefully that's just scratching the surface for a game like this.

The devs said it would be about 30 hours to complete the story, and 70 to complete all of the quests. However, sometimes the developer estimates are way off, but 50 seems good. If they do a lot of gating, it might even take several weeks or months depending on how much activities you can do per day.

11 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

It's probably like Animal Crossing where you have multiple people in your park or town or whatever they'll call it and every day you can talk to all them for the progress towards this. They might also limit our other actions in the game like you can only fish twenty times before waiting for some timer to refresh our bait. We gotta remember this is Gameloft so expect as much mobile BS to appear in this game as possible.

Yeah. From the trailer alone, it looked like you could see different Characters out and about, so I'd imagine you can see different characters per day and not just one once a day.

I'm interested in this game, so I'll probably grab it when it's available and mess around with it once it's available.

4 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

I was excited for this game but now all i can see is ''transactions,transactions,transactions'' so I guess it is a no. Might pick it up after a year or two.

It's on their website.

https://gameloft.helpshift.com/hc/en/66-disney-dreamlight-valley/faq/2880-what-other-ways-are-there-to-spend-real-money-in-disney-dreamlight-valley/

The only thing to look out for is those paid expansions. There's a good chance they'll have DLC trophies like Final Fantasy XIV has. Or not.