Trophy thoughts

Tristan1427

6 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I'm interested in this game, so I'll probably grab it when it's available and mess around with it once it's available.

12 hours from now for Steam. Guessing consoles might get it in anywhere from thirty minutes to a few hours.

5 hours ago, Cusmics said:

Is anyone aware if it'll include auto pop or not? 

It should, take that with a grain of salt though. Nearly every other game that saves data to a server does but Multiversus has set a bad precedent going forward.

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

There's a good chance they'll have DLC trophies like Final Fantasy XIV has. Or not.

Loving the decisively indecisiveness lol.

2 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

It has cross progression, so how does the double plat work? Do you have to edge the requirements and then load up the other version and complete it?

Does it have cross progression? I can't see any place to improve your save or link an account, it just generated a user account when you start a new game. 

Just now, turniplord said:

Does it have cross progression? I can't see any place to improve your save or link an account, it just generated a user account when you start a new game. 

The official site says there is cross progression between PS4 and PS5. I wonder if it only works one way? I know in one of the blogs from the developer there's an area that says save to the cloud.

5 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

The official site says there is cross progression between PS4 and PS5. I wonder if it only works one way? I know in one of the blogs from the developer there's an area that says save to the cloud.

https://disneydreamlightvalley.com/news/avatar-porting-walkthrough

I imagine this is the same thing - there is no ability to import your character to other platforms on PS yet. Looked at a YT video and there should be a cloud login option on the main menu - not there on PS4 or 5.

So, probably will come at some point, but for now both versions seem independent from one another. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turniplord said:

https://disneydreamlightvalley.com/news/avatar-porting-walkthrough

I imagine this is the same thing - there is no ability to import your character to other platforms on PS yet. Looked at a YT video and there should be a cloud login option on the main menu - not there on PS4 or 5.

So, probably will come at some point, but for now both versions seem independent from one another. 

The devs have stated that the avatar import is coming later this fall in the first big update. 

EDIT: cloud save is already live, it's under the help section.

Edited by PortaLuna
  • Like 1

The Daily Discussions seem to be a daily question you can ask each villager. Obviously the more villagers you have, the more you can talk, but judging from the "Have 15 Best Friends" trophy, It's gonna take some time.

I've only played for a little bit more than an hour, but I'm definitely enjoying it more than Animal Crossing. I'm guessing trophies like cooking or catching fish can be knocked out without any trouble, but others have a daily limit (pretty sure the thorns grow back every day since there's definitely not 3000 of them to start with).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

The devs have stated that the avatar import is coming later this fall in the first big update. 

EDIT: cloud save is already live, it's under the help section.

Yes, there is cloud saving, but there's no way to actually assign the save to an account, so you can hop between platforms - the game generates a new user ID for you when you start a new game.

On Xbox, when you go to the main menu you can create or log into an account which links the save so you can log into PC or mobile and continue. That isn't on the PS version - yet. 

'Avatar Import', I presume, is basically their way of saying importing your game/character. i.e cross-progression.

I've had the game for a week, I've played both platforms and have it fully updated, there's no option to link to an account and move your save over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turniplord said:

Yes, there is cloud saving, but there's no way to actually assign the save to an account, so you can hop between platforms - the game generates a new user ID for you when you start a new game.

On Xbox, when you go to the main menu you can create or log into an account which links the save so you can log into PC or mobile and continue. That isn't on the PS version - yet. 

'Avatar Import', I presume, is basically their way of saying importing your game/character. i.e cross-progression.

I've had the game for a week, I've played both platforms and have it fully updated, there's no option to link to an account and move your save over. 

The other platforms have cross-progression between every other version; PlayStation is excluded, and there are no plans for this to change. PS does have cross-generation progress. On either P4 or PS5, you can upload your save to the cloud and access that save via the other version. When you load up the game on your second system (PS4 or PS5), get to the screen with the options and wait until the pop-up appears. Due to high demand today, it took my PS4 version about a minute for this to happen. I accepted, and my PS5 progress was on the PS4 version. No idea about trophies since I haven't popped any yet.

Avatar Import is strictly for creating an avatar via the unique app (Epic/Steam/Xbox) and generating a code that imports the avatar design/outfit plus an exclusive jersey. PS will have that option later this fall, even after you created your avatar in-game. That will be the only way to acquire the exclusive jersey. 

• Like 1

Having played about 2 hours today, the list is going to be grindy but fair. 

Most things will come naturally like cook x meals, as that's how you get energy. Plus removing thorns is the only way to get space to invite more villagers and have their homes in the main village. 

There is no PS4/5 progression swap to other platforms, at least not yet. Cloud saving yes but the ability to have an account I'd or 'user ID' isn't on PS consoles. Wouldn't even think of attempting to play via switch yet either because the games having issues even booting. 

5 hours ago, ChecoMayor said:

So the game is free

But they are selling early access on PS? And It won't be free from line one year from now?

Way to launch it

Fucking hate state of videogames

It's not that big of a deal.

They presumably didn't want the servers to get overloaded so it's in a pay for play beta state.

Anyone else noticed the photographer trophy on the PS4 version is only 50 photos, yet on PS5 it's 180.

Bit strange. I've played about 7 hours so far and not earned a single trophy, although I've been doing my own thing and not necessarily rushing to get trophies. Few graphical bugs here and there but other than that it's running fairly well. 

On 9/6/2022 at 2:09 PM, ChecoMayor said:

So the game is free

But they are selling early access on PS? And It won't be free from line one year from now?

Way to launch it

Fucking hate state of videogames

This is normal for early access games. You pay to play it way before everyone else and you get a good amount of free stuff too. Its really not that big of a deal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MushuMixLipa said:

Anyone else noticed the photographer trophy on the PS4 version is only 50 photos, yet on PS5 it's 180.

Bit strange. I've played about 7 hours so far and not earned a single trophy, although I've been doing my own thing and not necessarily rushing to get trophies. Few graphical bugs here and there but other than that it's running fairly well. 

Yeah, saw that when the PS4 trophy list got added. I guess it has something to do with the file size or something.

But yeah, still not trophies here, I don't want to rush it. I'm actually enjoying it, it's not as limited as Animal Crossing where you just clean the island and quit, you can do a lot of other things since the resources respawn rather quickly. The only bugs I've seen are some really strange one where the camera goes to another part of the island for like 2 seconds and some frame rate drops.

• Like 3

I don't think trophy list will be the massive grind as it first seems, don't get me wrong you'll still have to put a fairly decent chunk of time into this but I guess it's designed to be played in shorter bursts most days. With the 1000 daily discussions you can do this with each character once, currently there's 17 to unlock but I guess more will be added over time. I'm not even sure the platinum is achievable yet, as perviously stated there's only 17 characters where for the trophy 'Renovator' you need 30 characters to unlock and build houses for.

• Like 1

I have tried Animal Crossing before but bounced off almost immediately, because I felt there was literally nothing to do there. 

I played around 10-12 hours of Dreamlight Valley and it sucked me in. 

The quest system is a gamechanger for people like me, I never cared for gameplay that focuses only about beautifying your village. Instead wifth clear progression it's super satisfying to unlock more stuff, cosmetics, characters and biomes. I only wish there was more voice acting ? 

I also am suuper interested in how the game will change with F2P model, if it will work the same way or if it will be rebalanced? I know they said cosmetics only, but I still wonder. 

Also it's interesting if people that bought the game will receive some sort of founders pack later or that handful of cosmetics+ ability to play the game early will be the only perk of playing now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ArtMontef said:

I also am suuper interested in how the game will change with F2P model, if it will work the same way or if it will be rebalanced? I know they said cosmetics only, but I still wonder. 

Nothing changes. They will be adding expansions to the game that will cost money, so your standard DLC model. Base game is free, want more? Buy the DLC.

2 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

Do I lose friendship progress or friendship levels when I'm not playing for a few days or when I'm playing but I'm not talking to the characters or giving them presents?

I don't think anything bad happens if you don't play for a while other than a lot of collectable/breakable crap will pollute your town.

Which according to one source, you need a lot of those vines for a quest later so maybe after you've progressed a bit (unlocked a bunch of the biomes) you should leave the vines alone.

1 hour ago, csand670 said:

Does anyone know when the game goes f2p?

Late 2023.

Spoiler post from Reddit, credit to MeowtinDewReddit:  

Future characters found in the files from the Steam install:

Spoiler

Aladdin, Alice, Beast, Belle, Boo, BoPeep, Buzz, CheshireCat, Cinderella, Cogsworth, Elastigirl, Eve, Fairygodmother, Flounder, Flynn, Forky, Frozone, Gaston, Genie, Hades, Hercules, jafar, jasmine, kingtriton, lumiere, mad hatter, megara, mike, mr incredible, naamari, Nala, Olaf, Phil, Prince charming, pumba, queen of hearts, rafiki, ralph, randall, rapunzel, raya, rex, scar, sebastian, shank, simba, sisu, stitch, sully, syndrome, timon, tuktuk, vanellope, woody

• Like 2