Trophy thoughts

Tristan1427

On 9/16/2022 at 6:58 PM, Caesar Clown said:

Yes.. Ariel is particularly annoying.. She either gets stuck in rocks, or she sits in an area that cannot be reached (edge of the map). And Donald... He trips over thin air then it's tantrum time, and then again, and again.

For Ariel, take your camera out and aim it at her, she'll swim up to be in the main part of the picture, getting unstuck.

• Like 2

How are you supposed to build 30 houses if there's only 17 friends? Potentially an unobtainable platinum?

On 9/16/2022 at 2:01 PM, trampgav said:

Also can they nerf Donald’s rage?

^ Yeah, when he gets mad he gets hellla loud!

There's also a bug where my camera will randomly begin flying through the sky towards another area, like someone threw the camera like a baseball. I thought maybe it was some kind of hint but I haven't seen any logic to when it occurs.

Edited by tranquility101

7 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

How are you supposed to build 30 houses if there's only 17 friends? Potentially an unobtainable platinum?

^ Yeah, when he gets mad he gets hellla loud!

There's also a bug where my camera will randomly begin flying through the sky towards another area, like someone threw the camera like a baseball. I thought maybe it was some kind of hint but I haven't seen any logic to when it occurs.

The game is in Early Access. See all those doors in the Castle, they're all new worlds being added over the next year or so.

So yeah, some trophies you can't get yet but you will do by the time it's officially released. 

• Like 3

A thought occurs with this: since every trophy in the game seems to be connected to claiming rewards for missions, would it be possible to purposefully put off claiming any trophy-relevant rewards until you had every trophy-relevant mission done for purposes of getting an incredibly fast time from first trophy to platinum or are there mission unlock orders that prevent that? I can't imagine there would be anything preventing it since each task seems to be distinct from the other, ergo none of the trophy-relevant missions should be locked behind completing other trophy-relevant missions, but then I haven't started the game yet to know for sure.

Edited by Walt the Dog

6 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

A thought occurs with this: since every trophy in the game seems to be connected to claiming rewards for missions, would it be possible to purposefully put off claiming any trophy-relevant rewards until you had every trophy-relevant mission done for purposes of getting an incredibly fast time from first trophy to platinum or are there mission unlock orders that prevent that? I can't imagine there would be anything preventing it since each task seems to be distinct from the other, ergo none of the trophy-relevant missions should be locked behind completing other trophy-relevant missions, but then I haven't started the game yet to know for sure.

hard to test since the platinum is not even obtainable yet

40 minutes ago, Sicho said:

hard to test since the platinum is not even obtainable yet

I see no reason this would be impossible so far.  I've completed every quest and none of them require you unlock your milestones. It's possible that by the time they add enough content to actually earn the plat something will prevent that, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Only 2 trophies left for me which are the two time gated ones (convos & thorns). I should have the daily conversations one down by next month but we’re talking about the middle of next year for the thorns so the true grind for me begins now.

It’s a really chill and addictive game that I think all Disney fans should give a go. I have to say, though, it's almost a bit too good to be true in terms of how generous it is with resources… I have hundreds of gems that I’ve nothing to do with and if I run out of anything I know where and how to farm it instantly.  The miner trophy is now very easy as the mines they added in a recent update gives you guaranteed minerals (not to mention lots of iron ore which you're going to need  A LOT of if you want to complete quests).

You can make 150,000 star coins an hour minimum with rice crops by planting enough of them in every biome, so buying furniture and clothes and upgrading buildings is not an issue. Lastly, you level up your friendships and character extremely fast, and pretty much everything you do is rewarding you in some form or another.

I suspect that once it goes free-to-play it will become a microtransactions riddled mess and trophies will become grinder with every aforementioned resource being throttled within an inch of its life. So I’m glad I got in early enough before that happens while still starting with enough characters and quality-of-life updates to make some of the trophies faster (despite the occasional crash here and there).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I believe "Duty Bound" is worse to complete now than before. Several months ago, all you had to do was generic stuff like "sell 1 fish",  "plant 5 vegetables" or "harvest 2 fruit". Now, after one of the recent updates, the requests are a lot more specific: feed X animal, catch 3 fish in X biome, harvest 3 of X fruit, mine 4 rocks in X biome, etc. 

Takes a bit (or a lot) longer to do each task now, and you need to keep traveling between biomes all the time. The ones with animals are the ones I dislike the most, because not only do you need to carry their food with you at all times for the tasks (or go get it - and some of them like ravens are picky) in the inventory, but you also need to respect all the rules to feed them. These new tasks are also more time-dependent because you might need to wait for stuff to respawn (like cocoa beans or cherries or even new animals to feed) or to drop (I got a task to catch 3 fugu which requires Dazzle Beach + rain + a gold spot; had to wait like 30 minutes for rain AND even with all of these conditions met I didn't even catch one today, let alone three 🙃).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 1:14 AM, Shipyroni said:

I believe "Duty Bound" is worse to complete now than before. Several months ago, all you had to do was generic stuff like "sell 1 fish",  "plant 5 vegetables" or "harvest 2 fruit". Now, after one of the recent updates, the requests are a lot more specific: feed X animal, catch 3 fish in X biome, harvest 3 of X fruit, mine 4 rocks in X biome, etc. 

Takes a bit (or a lot) longer to do each task now, and you need to keep traveling between biomes all the time. The ones with animals are the ones I dislike the most, because not only do you need to carry their food with you at all times for the tasks (or go get it - and some of them like ravens are picky) in the inventory, but you also need to respect all the rules to feed them. These new tasks are also more time-dependent because you might need to wait for stuff to respawn (like cocoa beans or cherries or even new animals to feed) or to drop (I got a task to catch 3 fugu which requires Dazzle Beach + rain + a gold spot; had to wait like 30 minutes for rain AND even with all of these conditions met I didn't even catch one today, let alone three 🙃).

I rolled my eyes when I found out the raven likes 5 star meals after having ran around all over the Forgotten Lands exasperated, trying to figure out what they like. Fussy little things.  I do like their stank face wen you give them something they don't like though. 😆 

Didn't mind Duty Bound in its current form as it overlapped with the fishing and mining trophies, meaning the time spent consciously grinding those wasn't as long. I also appreciate the fact that it made you go to different biomes because, again, the tasks overlapped with other Dreamlight milestones.

You can get guaranteed rare fish like the fugu by crafting and drinking the fishing elixir by the way.

• Like 1