Is Rings Of Power Worth Watching?

Ghost-Zeus514

No. Instead just watch The Hobbit trilogy and/or the extended versions of the originals. I've watched Fellowship and Two Towers extended already and I can't wait to watch the extended version of Return of the King tonight ?

Now to drop some SOUL

• Like 4

The trailer for the Rings of Power had a 90 percent dislike to like ratio on YouTube. I have Return Dislike Counter plug-in for anyone wondering how I can see the number of dislikes. 

Long time Lord of the Rings fans are claiming this is spitting on JRR Tolkien’s grave. I don’t know, but based on what I’ve seen so far, this looks more like virtue signaling and identity politics than it is about having a quality piece of entertainment.

• Like 1

So do people hate it because it looks like they took too much from the Silmarillion? Because that I could understand, that book is an ordeal to get through.

Amazon is currently running a promotion where you get one of the Shadow of Modor games for free to use on Gog.com and all the collections of the LOTR and the Hobbit movies are all at very low prices.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

• 3 weeks later...
On 4.9.2022 at 11:20 PM, Ghost-Zeus514 said:

I heard Very Negative Things About this show, some people calling it "Disgraceful" also receiving backlash most of the times

One of the worst shows I've ever seen. 

On 5.9.2022 at 1:28 AM, Sendai-Horatio said:

So do people hate it because it looks like they took too much from the Silmarillion? Because that I could understand, that book is an ordeal to get through.

People hate it because it's disrespecful towards Tolkien's legacy. It perverts everything his works stand for.

Edited by El Duderino

I’ve personally enjoyed it so far but I’m not a super LOTR fan. I’ve seen all of the movies including The Hobbit. 

There are a lot of characters and individual storylines which I expect will crossover in later episodes/seasons. The pacing is also slower than the movies but I kind of like it as it gives us a chance to get to know the characters and their motivations. My boyfriend and I look forward to watching it every week. 

I haven’t read much of the reviews but have heard that a lot of people haven’t been enjoying it as much. I think give it a chance, if you really hate it, you can always stop watching. ?

• Like 1

I like the LOTR world and appreciate any additional content. If I enjoy it, even better! In this case you have to watch it yourself and ignore opinions. You ask a question here and get people complaining about ‘virtue signalling’ and ‘identity politics’….yes there are black actors in this programme. It’s 2022. Move on. Naebdy cares. I’d suggest waiting until all episodes are released then watch at your own pace. Any adaptation nowadays will be met with folks grumbling and saying it’s not true to the books (there are big differences between the books and the films but nobody tends to get all grumpy about that). Many of the super fans decided this was trash before watching an episode. Also -spitting on graves and disrespect to legacies? Jings can we bring it down a notch? The Tolkien family despise the Peter Jackson films. Does that stop me enjoying them? Hell no! 

• Like 1

So far

...it has been pretty good. Episode three onward really picks up the pace. Its big budget really shows here -- I'd say CGI is spectacular.

However, there are two things I don't like. The first two episodes are slow, and I also find that dialogues are a bit lacking here and there

...when compared with, let's say, House of the Dragon.

This show sucks. I went in with an open mind but was disappointed. Almost everything in the show I breaking lore in massive ways. As someone who annually reads almost all

works of Tolkien I can comfortably say this show is trash. Galadriel is the worst character I’ve ever seen on screen. Peter Jackson’s version was far more true to the original. But even then if you were to judge this show as just another high fantasy show it is utter crap. Dialogue is cringy (there is a tempest in me. LOL), Galadriel being this super warrior is cringy, acting is soap opera quality from most of the cast and the pacing is all over the place. Watch the trilogies instead and watch House of the Dragon since that show has talented writers and actors. 

This show will go down as a giant meme. Why you would make a show about the second age instead of the first age still baffles me. Imagine a show set in the first age where you get to see Melkor, Ancalagon and Ungolaith? Aswell as the War for the Sake of the Elves. That would be amazing. 

Edited by Quink666