Veteran mode is fucking rediculous

demonoid321

ok so i am on this 1 part iv been trying to get passed for 5 days now its the level were you have to stop the missle before it gose off one i blew it up i went into the building and i keep getting pass the room with the glass walls but when i get to the long halllway near a meating room i keep getting spraed by enimes and have to go back to alllmost the begining of the building can anyone help and give tips on how to complete it would be much apreciated

• Like 1

I remember having some trouble with that hallway also. I just took my time and tried to move from cover to cover. You have to move forward or they won't stop spawning.

This is awesome advice. Treyarch was really bad about adding infinite spawn to ramp up the difficulty. Always advance and find more cover. Just keep pushing for the next checkpoint. It's aggravating, but you'll get it eventually.
  • Like 1

Hallway of Doom muhahaha

lol your tellling me

This is awesome advice. Treyarch was really bad about adding infinite spawn to ramp up the difficulty. Always advance and find more cover. Just keep pushing for the next checkpoint. It's aggravating, but you'll get it eventually.

yea ik this is the most frustrating part someone should really report that to treyarch so they dont put it in the next game this year

lol your tellling me

yea ik this is the most frustrating part someone should really report that to treyarch so they dont put it in the next game this year

I think most people have problems there, so you're not alone. Check out YouTube. It helped me just knowing where the next checkpoint was and where to expect the next enemy spawns.

I don't remember Black Ops 2 having any areas with infinite spawn. It's the easiest Treyarch CoD imo too. It seems to me that all CoD's are getting easier with each installment.

• Like 2

I hated that part as well. If I remember right I had to brave up and throw a couple of grenades and rush to one of the locker rooms where my allies would follow. Sometimes your companions are helpful, and other times not but either way on Veteran they serve as excellent bullet sponges.

ahh my W@W flashbacks...those raining grenades....get them off me!!!!

Don't forget the enemies dead eye aim to where they would score direct hits on you from a mile away with machine guns.

• Like 2

I remember this, it was a real bitch (took me 2 hours to get to the next checkpoint).

Here are my 4 tips:

1. Stay in cover constantly. Once you clear an area, MOVE UP. Or they will keep spawning.

2. Use the auto-aim feature and shoot even if you can't see the enemy down the hallway. If you see an X keep shooting, if not try again! This can help you kill those who are at the end of that hallway and will help you move up a little quicker.

3. Never throw an uncooked grenade. (or it'll come back at ya) Cooked grenades are an easy way to clear out the spawning points for a few seconds. If done correctly, you'll have a chance to move up to the next cover spot.

4. RUN, RUN, RUN!!! When you move up, Run quickly and know where you're going. Screw Woods and gang, they're no help!

• Like 1

I feel your pain , I was stuck on that bit for a couple of nights. Youtube helped me, . I recall there is a few more frustrating bits coming your way, eg. When your in the tank, and when you first enter the monkey cage building, coming out of the elevator into the hallways. Oh, good times

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Yep, I'm stuck on the hallway. Gave up and downed the difficulty in the end, so I'm playing through the game on Recruit now. I doubt I'll bother with veteran on Black Ops, unfortunately...  :unsure:,

Hallway of Doom, that infinite spawn isn't too bad if you say 3 hail marys and just suicide through checkpoints

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

lol I thought MW2 veteran was hard. after attempting the executive order mission in veteran, I realized that I was completely wrong. and WAW is apparently 100 times worse? jeez...

--------------

actually, BO veteran was quite straightforward after SOG level...I guess people get used to the difficulty over time..hmm.

Edited by jaeik2541

• 2 weeks later...

lol I thought MW2 veteran was hard. after attempting the executive order mission in veteran, I realized that I was completely wrong. and WAW is apparently 100 times worse? jeez...

--------------

actually, BO veteran was quite straightforward after SOG level...I guess people get used to the difficulty over time..hmm.

You know what they say: "WAW is hell".