modest_undue1

**Really depressing.**

175 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

What about the people with a lot of trophies that just randomly stopped one day and then there last trophy was years ago

Ever wonder what happened to them

Oh yeah every time I see an account like that.  Probably just lost interest or switched to PC or something.  But, maybe...

Circumstances and life goals change… When people grow up, they have less time to play video games. Only those who stream, and the YouTubers who made money from video games won’t stop so easily.

I am guessing most of it are just someone's alt account, since most of it doesn't have psnp account.

32 minutes ago, Letenko said:

This right here. Even sadder if you recognize their name... makes you wonder if they moved on, changed accounts or worse. Sorta puts the whole thing into perspective. We'll all stop trophy hunting one day. Willingly or otherwise.

send chills down my spine.

Lets just hope most of these folks just moved on or changed the system they playing on.

1 hour ago, modest_undue1 said:

Does anyone go to PSNProfiles Leaderboards, and go to the very end and feel bad for those people who got 1 trophy and then just disappeared?

I find it extremely depressing*

*Not really, but it is sad.

Most likely alt account, a random account made when they were younger (like I once made an Xbox Live account over 13 years ago), child's account, their account got hacked due to the database breaches, or they ded.

y

1 hour ago, modest_undue1 said:

Does anyone go to PSNProfiles Leaderboards, and go to the very end and feel bad for those people who got 1 trophy and then just disappeared?

I find it extremely depressing*

*Not really, but it is sad.

Yep I just went though a whole box of tissues crying about this very thing.

I literally have stopped like 5 seconds away before entering this thread by looking a profile from a friend and... I found a relic here.

An account from 2009, with games with only unobtainable Platinums and stuff, like Midnight Club, FIFA 09 or LOTR: Conquest... Wow. Undeniable, that happening for some people. And yes, it is really curious and makes you wonder what happened to all those people playing and chilling and then suddenly disappearing. You can take it as romantic as you wish, or to the deepest bizarre stories behind those accounts.

Just now, LastMinuteSavior said:

I'm having surgery in two days. If my profile stops updating after that... welp, it ain't because I lost interest in trophies.

Wish you the best, and hope you can feel better again! Good vibes always. :) 

Don't worry, I'll stay forever. I can't let my many friends down here.

People come, people go.

I'd imagine for most folks it's just a matter of priorities changing. New life stuff happens, etc. 

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

It's like those old PSN friends you used to play with that is saying

"Last online 3 years ago"

1f61f.png

If they're anything like my PSN friends who flat out disappeared over the past few years, hopefully they just got married and had a kid or something lol.

I already thought about stopping collecting trophies and even playing less....but my trophy hoeism was stronger.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

I do! I use this site a lot and often find myself browsing people's profiles and seeing all different games and systems which often gives me inspiration for new games to try.

It always makes me wonder what happened - or if they just stopped hunting, switched platforms, something personal, family, work etc. 

I find it all quite interesting, and yes, the saddest part is we will never know unless you knew them personally.

52 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Don't worry, I'll stay forever. I can't let my many friends down here.

What are these things you speak of?