**Really depressing.**

modest_undue1

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Oh, no way, that seems like a very sensible decision actually.

I'm kinda worried though that the passwords in your will. Well, I'm changing my password a fair amount.

I just hope you keep updating your will everytime you change your password. Which I hope is a lot more than "never" changing it lol

haha - no, it's not like that - that would be a nightmare!

There is a secure service that you keep different passwords in- you keep that up to date via secure access, and the will has details to allow someone access to that.

It's primarily for things like bill accounts / banking etc. to make it easier for people to deal with your affairs in the event of unforeseen/ sudden circumstances - but including things like a PSN password in that is just as possible as anything else.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

What about the people with a lot of trophies that just randomly stopped one day and then there last trophy was years ago

Ever wonder what happened to them

well, that's me for a lot of reasons :D : replaying old games having already obtained the trophies (nostalgia time); changing lot of my daily routine, overcoming my depression, broke up after 7 years of relationship, losing contact of most of my friends, changed town due work in a place where I don't know anybody, all by myself... and waiting for a PS5 to become avaible without paying a ridicolous price!. I don't known if I will continue to play games I like and obtaining trophies but... never say never!

Edited by pieroV_86
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

People come, people go.

I'd imagine for most folks it's just a matter of priorities changing. New life stuff happens, etc. 

And it happens without you realizing it. I got my Aug monthly summary from truetrophies. I earned a whopping 3 trophies the entire month. I'm at one so far in Sept. 

21 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

I’m likely sat wishing I was you while this 5ft-nothing Nazi who has me well and truly by the balls watches “Married at First Sight” or “Love Island” (...) until whatever time she mercifully decides to do one to bed and the portion of my day where I’m not in the service of a woman, our children or bills can begin…

Phew! Intense. I can feel the anger coming through my phone.

Also kinda hilarious. You should start a blog or something. A LOT of people can relate, and would fucking love to read this stuff.

I've been there and yeah, better off alone than in bad company.

Still, being alone is also really hard. And depression is f'ed up.

Hang in there @Ultraxian

If you ever need to talk, lemme know.

• Like 2

One day all of us will disappear from frequenting this website. I miss my old Xbox friends, only in particular who hasn’t been active for over 10 years. 
He was older than me and already an adult when I was just a teenager, and he helped shape my life with his advice and wisdom.

RIP 

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Damn, kind of shook me this, i didn't even know. He was a fellow Leeds United fan as well. Couldn't find info on what happened to him. Sad news ?

With the leaderboards i think a lot of the low trophy counts are people trying to make some plats more rare. The others are probably just people moving on, most of my friends no longer game. The main person i use to play with spent a lot of time on his PS, i remember we played Black Ops 1 Kino once for about 16hrs straight getting to a high round. Last May he just stopped and I lost my last gaming buddy ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

Anyone have the memorial link to kfree?  I had no idea.  I remember him well from here and ps3trophies and had good fun playing NFS The Run multiplayer with him.

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/329224-remembering-a-giant-of-pst-–-in-memoriam-of-kfree7/#comments

I still tear up every time I open up that thread. I miss him a lot ?

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, DEI2EK said:

What about the people with a lot of trophies that just randomly stopped one day and then there last trophy was years ago

Ever wonder what happened to them

Almost a year ago, boosting a multiplayer game, the host randomly stop playing and answering on discord, a month later we find out that he suffers a heart attack and past away, we all shocked, it's hard seeing him in the leaderboards in several games we boosting together 

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I think if you inherited an account, you could set your console as the primary for that account, then all the purchased games on it would be playable using your main one, as long as you were playing on that console, couldn't you?

I believe that's correct - I hope so, as I have actually included my passwords for my account in a document that is tied to my will - so hopefully I'm right!

I know that might seem an odd thing to include in a will - obviously, I don't think the trophies or account name etc. are worth any material value, - but there are thousands of pounds worth of purchased games associated with it, so that is something that would be of considerable value to someone- in the same way a physical collection might.

That's correct - that's how my kids play "my" games on the console.

...and it's certainly not an odd thing to include. I have thousands of games on Playstation, thousands of albums on bandcamp, thousands of games I've never touched on Epic and itch.io... You better believe those passwords are going somewhere! Hey, if they want to sell the accounts (if that's allowed? Or on the DL...) afterwards, more power to them. Your digital legacy is quite important...

I also use a password vault to which I will give access in case of death. It makes everything a lot easier (though don't go using these for financial transactions until all will-related matters are settled!). When my father passed away, I had to go through the Facebook memorial process, which is fine, but requires sending a death certificate et al. Much easier if you just have access...

There was an interesting article published some time ago (though I can't find it anymore) written by a man whose father had passed away. He was sorting his father's hard drive and found all of his Civilization saves, into which his father had poured hundreds of hours. He was struggling on what to do with them. It was quite a good read...

@LastMinuteSavior Good luck! Sending good waves your way.

Edited by visighost
  • Like 4