Anyone else’s game not tracking things?

tonkie18

I’ve had issues with the game from release. The first bug I came across was when Joel was carrying Sarah. All of a sudden she disappeared out of his arms and the scenery vanished and Joel was running in the middle of nowhere. I’ve had a fair few issues since but managed to complete the game despite them.

Since then I’ve had probably 80% of collectibles etc not track. When I finished the game it told me certain shiv doors had not been opened - they definitely had because I’d collected the artefact/tool inside. Or it would tell me the convos were missing or pendants. 

I have had to go through every chapter meticulously collecting every single thing again - sometimes trying a single chapter 5/6 times for things to track.

My game now stands at everything collected on my save (bar two conversations). It shows every pendant, artefact, comic etc.

However the PS5 game tracker looks like this

Pendants - 73%
Comics - 53%
Artefacts - 65%
conversations - 96%
training manuals - 75%
workbench tools - 80%

Why! I know for a fact I’ve found all tools because I’ve used them to upgrade. Everything is showing on the game as collected but the trophies aren’t popping. I would be less annoyed if the trackers were showing 95% or something, maybe one hadn’t tracked but this many?? 

The only thing I’m missing on the game is 2 conversations from the Suburbs. I definitely got them on my first playthrough - the graffiti convo and the ice cream convo but they didn’t track. I’ve since been back 20 times, and the prompts will not come up no matter what I do. I’ve even got the joke trophy which apparently you can’t get without those convos to trigger the joke at the end! It’s so frustrating.

ive tried restarting the game, restarting the console, reinstalling the game, I have tried collecting everything multiple times and the PS5 tracker will not budge, nor will the prompts for those convos. I’m definitely using the correct save also - some things register and others don’t. Really sad because it was my favourite game - now it’s been soured having to replay these scenes time and time again. Any ideas how to get this game finished ?

15 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

[…]

ive tried restarting the game, restarting the console, reinstalling the game, I have tried collecting everything multiple times and the PS5 tracker will not budge, nor will the prompts for those convos. I’m definitely using the correct save also - some things register and others don’t. Really sad because it was my favourite game - now it’s been soured having to replay these scenes time and time again. Any ideas how to get this game finished 1f611.png

6 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

unfortunately u might have to delete your save file and start from scratch 

One thing to check is if, in the save data files, there’s a save file called “Profile” or something similar. Might try deleting that one but not any “Chapter 7” or “Game Complete” or similar saves; Uncharted and Ghost of Tsushima had similar freakouts about properly tracking collectibles at points in their histories, and dumping the profile save, reloading a complete or nearly-so main save, then picking up a collectible would sometimes trigger a “refresh” of the profile. Might work, might backfire; I’d suggest uploading to the Cloud and disabling auto-sync before trying it, if possible, just to be safe.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then unfortunately, as @MonaSaxPayne says, you’re likely stuck deleting all the saves (and probably doing a clean install of the game, just to be safe) and doing everything from scratch. If it comes to that, I’d suggest obsessively syncing your save, stopping and checking the tracker each time you find a collectible to make sure it tracked properly, save, force a save sync (or redownload your old save if it didn’t and try it again), and plod through the game doing it that way. Terrible, tedious and likely to be frustrating… but at least it’ll get done.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I can’t trigger the conversations again but if I go wait near the firefly graffiti she does her jokes every time. The joke trophy didn’t pop til I completed left behind.

Sadly I think I’ve tried everything today and don’t think I’ll ever get these trackers up. Think it’s a replay. I can’t seem to find a ‘profile’ save just a ‘complete’ save. But I don’t really understand what I’m meant to delete or do ?

16 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

I can’t trigger the conversations again but if I go wait near the firefly graffiti she does her jokes every time. The joke trophy didn’t pop til I completed left behind.

Sadly I think I’ve tried everything today and don’t think I’ll ever get these trackers up. Think it’s a replay. I can’t seem to find a ‘profile’ save just a ‘complete’ save. But I don’t really understand what I’m meant to delete or do 1f61e.png

I'm sure they'll patch this issue pretty fast, maybe take a break and continue when it's fixed to avoid you hating the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonkie18 said:

Sadly I think I’ve tried everything today and don’t think I’ll ever get these trackers up. Think it’s a replay. I can’t seem to find a ‘profile’ save just a ‘complete’ save. But I don’t really understand what I’m meant to delete or do 1f61e.png

Sorry to hear you have so much struggle with this game ? probably best to wait for a patch, then trying luck again. You got me curious by your post, if this happen to me too ?

• Like 1

Did you die after opening any shiv doors/getting any collectibles and before reachig the next checkpoint? I can't recall how the OG game or the first remaster handled it, but I remember trying to be real careful not to die before the next checkpoint.

No ? a lot of the shiv doors were done after I’d cleared the enemies out. It’s possible with some of the artefacts I suppose. It’s just been completely random what it’s chosen to save/ignore. I loaded my save onto another PS5 praying that would magically work.. some of the collectibles were missing - but mainly shiv doors! Which I have the bloody trophy for ? it also showed a load of convos missing which I’m on 96% on PS5 trophy tracker, so im even more confused. I was hoping it would either pop the trophies or show me which chapters I still had stuff missing on as my save on my PS5 tells me I’ve got everything. The games broked. Really don’t want to do another playthrough and the same thing happens ?

So I missed an optional convo in the financial district. I'm pretty sure I genuinely missed the guy hanging one, and wasn't bugged. I chapter selected to that part, but the convo prompt won't show up. Should I try again after finishing the game? I don't know what to do.

EDIT: I tried chapter select again, this time on the difficulty I was playing on (Moderate) instead of Very Light, and everything triggered perfectly fine both in-game and on the trophy tracker. Loaded up my main save, and everything's still there. It is worth noting that I got the broken melee trophy in the process despite not upgrading the latter two weapons. That was weird. I'm only on ch6.

Edited by BrilloHD

Are you playing Offline at all at anytimes??? When trackers are connected to Activity Cards, being Offline can affect them.

Rather than go by the Chapter overview screen, you want look at the Collectible activity card for every level. It's only accessible while in the level, and if you have all collectibles in that level, the collectible activity card won't show up.

Luckily this doesn't happen often as very few games connect trackers to activity cards, but when they do, things can get messy as although there are in-game trackers, it's mostly the activity card trackers you need to watch as that is usually what the trophy triggers with when the activity cards are used properly.

Somebody was asking on the channel, my advice was to make a endgame save, then load every chapter starting from the last and working backwards, and check the Collectible activity card for each one individually.

The activity card I mean is not a specific collectible card, but there is a complete collectible activity card containing them all for that level. This is the one that will disappear once you have them all for that level. And this is funny because there are quite a lot of collectibles guides out there already, when the game literally had a official one built in at the press if a button xD!! 

I know about the mess collectible activity cards can make because I spent a lot of time on Returnal making a platinum speedrun and the activity cards work the same in regards to collectibles. Activity cards impact the game so much, that if I load up Returnal for the first time on a fresh account Offline, and stay Offline, abosutely ZERO trophies will pop!!

Edited by Optinooby

I haven’t been playing offline at all. And I did start checking the PS5 hints etc and noticed that I still had things to do on there.. this is when it got even more frustrating! 

So I went back to the levels and did what the PS5 told me I was missing. I saw the trackers go up but it did not effect my trophy trackers at all. I’d save and when I go back to the level it tells me it’s all missing again. Even when the game tells me I’ve got everything and the PS5 tracker has nothing left to find.

I also loaded it up on another PS5 hoping that it was just mine being weird. Then it got even weirder. It told me all shiv doors and safes were missing - I have the trophy for them! But it said I had every artefact pendant etc. When I loaded it back on mine it was the same - the shiv doors were missing. 

I ended up emailing naughty dog. And they replied within 35 minutes! Really impressed with the customer service. It’s made this mess a little better, spending £70 on something so broken. I know you get problems playing release day but so many people have managed to complete it. I now have them looking at it. But I’m not holding out much hope. Have to send them more screenshots this morning. 

@Snake2410 yeah I’ve completed that too. I think the main issue is the suburbs. It says I have all training manuals etc but when I load my save up later on in the game I only have 11, not 12. The one that is missing is ‘melee techniques’ from the suburbs. Been back to collect it numerous times and it’s not counting no matter what I do. My trophy tracker says I have even less than 11. The conversations from that area are not counting either and won’t trigger anymore when I go back. I’ve tried at least 30 times now. I’m going to hazard a guess that the artefacts from that area haven’t counted either. I was praying ND would have a solution but the guy I’m speaking to is telling me I haven’t played chapters that don’t exist in the game ? so I’m not holding out much hope. I’m weary of deleting my save and starting again incase it doesn’t work, or if they do somehow find a fix. 

Crappy unproductive couple of months of gaming now. Getting fed up ?

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@Snake2410 yeah I’ve completed that too. I think the main issue is the suburbs. It says I have all training manuals etc but when I load my save up later on in the game I only have 11, not 12. The one that is missing is ‘melee techniques’ from the suburbs. Been back to collect it numerous times and it’s not counting no matter what I do. My trophy tracker says I have even less than 11. The conversations from that area are not counting either and won’t trigger anymore when I go back. I’ve tried at least 30 times now. I’m going to hazard a guess that the artefacts from that area haven’t counted either. I was praying ND would have a solution but the guy I’m speaking to is telling me I haven’t played chapters that don’t exist in the game ? so I’m not holding out much hope. I’m weary of deleting my save and starting again incase it doesn’t work, or if they do somehow find a fix. 

Crappy unproductive couple of months of gaming now. Getting fed up 1f612.png

You're not the first person to have issues with Suburbs either.  I'll be working on Pittsburgh tomorrow so if I get to the Suburbs I'll see what happens for me.  Hopefully they patch it, they're usually pretty good about issues like this. 

The only bug I ran into so far was beneficial, the melee weapons trophy popped when I broke the same weapon over and over via reloading a checkpoint.  

One last thing, have you tried backing up your profile save to plus, disabling automatic upload, and then deleting it, then loading your save after?  Maybe the profile save is bugged.  Doing that it will update a new prifile save to what's actually on the save file, at least that's how it worked for TLOU2 saves.

1 hour ago, Snake2410 said:

You're not the first person to have issues with Suburbs either.  I'll be working on Pittsburgh tomorrow so if I get to the Suburbs I'll see what happens for me.  Hopefully they patch it, they're usually pretty good about issues like this. 

The only bug I ran into so far was beneficial, the melee weapons trophy popped when I broke the same weapon over and over via reloading a checkpoint.  

One last thing, have you tried backing up your profile save to plus, disabling automatic upload, and then deleting it, then loading your save after?  Maybe the profile save is bugged.  Doing that it will update a new prifile save to what's actually on the save file, at least that's how it worked for TLOU2 saves.

@Snake2410 That sounds technical and dangerous. For me anyway. I don’t really understand saves and profiles etc. 

So I would save to the cloud. Disable automatic upload. Then delete the ‘complete’ save from my console. Then download it again? I think I tried something similar but I didn’t disable automatic upload. I will try again ?

Thanks for the help. Hopefully the suburbs will be fine for you. Loads of people seem to have had no issue with the game. The handful of issues I have read have been related to the suburbs though. And the only collectible card I have left on any chapter is the suburbs now - it says have the convo with Henry about graffiti and Ellie about ice cream truck, but I get neither prompt now. I just don’t understand at all cause my trophy trackers are so low but everything is showing as complete. If they were all at 90 odd percent I’d accept it more.. maybe a couple hadn’t registered but this many. I’ve tried to go back and collect so many different things now and they won’t budge ? 

I would restart but I have this awful feeling mine is just broken and it will happen all over again.

On 2022-09-06 at 2:09 PM, RUDEANDRAVISHING said:

Same thing for me on the suburb conversations. I did all the optional on my first playthrough but didn’t hear the joke. I reloaded that chapter but I now can’t trigger the optional conversations except for the automatic bbq one. If you figure out a fix lmk. 

So I had this issue to and restarted the checkpoint and even went out to do the Chapter thing but I couldn't make the joke appear - either Ellie would come down to the Firefly logo and Henry wouldn't - or we would all stand around and no jokes for 10 minutes.  I did manage to solve it - here's what I did (and it was, in my opinion) the order in which you do the conversations to make the jokes pop - also this can still be done if you only have the first couple of conversations complete.

Go to the empty house so Henry tells you about the BBQ's he remembers (make sure all are there - I found he didn't mention the BBQ if I went around back and only he was there before the kids) - convo #1.  Next go across the street and Henry will ask Joel a question about the past - with a conversation prompt (triangle) - convo #2. Go to the ice cream truck - Ellie will ask Joel a question with a conversation prompt - convo #3. Now go directly to the Firefly logo - listen to Henry and once he says it sounds like a plan (convo #4) go directly to the house next to you - you can clear it of all the collectibles and supplies and then throw the dart (convo #5). Go outside the house - wait for everyone to leave the house and be with you.

Once I did that and waited a second - Ellie went right into the jokes - in like 15 seconds - not a long wait. I know she's supposed to tell them at the dead end - but I worked on that for about an hour and she never did - only here. I had the first 3 conversations under my belt when I did it through Chapter select so I went immediately to the logo - then the house for darts and bang. Then I went around and cleared the area of all items and used the workbench before moving on.

Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Ronin_HFX said:

So I had this issue to and restarted the checkpoint and even went out to do the Chapter thing but I couldn't make the joke appear - either Ellie would come down to the Firefly logo and Henry wouldn't - or we would all stand around and no jokes for 10 minutes.  I did manage to solve it - here's what I did (and it was, in my opinion) the order in which you do the conversations to make the jokes pop - also this can still be done if you only have the first couple of conversations complete.

Go to the empty house so Henry tells you about the BBQ's he remembers (make sure all are there - I found he didn't mention the BBQ if I went around back and only he was there before the kids) - convo #1.  Next go across the street and Henry will ask Joel a question about the past - with a conversation prompt (triangle) - convo #2. Go to the ice cream truck - Ellie will ask Joel a question with a conversation prompt - convo #3. Now go directly to the Firefly logo - listen to Henry and once he says it sounds like a plan (convo #4) go directly to the house next to you - you can clear it of all the collectibles and supplies and then throw the dart (convo #5). Go outside the house - wait for everyone to leave the house and be with you.

Once I did that and waited a second - Ellie went right into the jokes - in like 15 seconds - not a long wait. I know she's supposed to tell them at the dead end - but I worked on that for about an hour and she never did - only here. I had the first 3 conversations under my belt when I did it through Chapter select so I went immediately to the logo - then the house for darts and bang. Then I went around and cleared the area of all items and used the workbench before moving on.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I’m having a different issue. She will tell the joke every time - but I can’t get Henry’s or the ice cream truck to trigger. I have the joke trophy. But the only conversations I’m missing are those two. Which is weird cause I definitely got them first time for the joke to trigger! Glad you got yours sorted.

Right now I’m trying to find what on earth ‘profile save data’ is so I can try and delete that ? I’ve tried deleting everything else to no avail. Stuck on 60% the trophies aren’t progressing no matter what.

3 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I’m having a different issue. She will tell the joke every time - but I can’t get Henry’s or the ice cream truck to trigger. I have the joke trophy. But the only conversations I’m missing are those two. Which is weird cause I definitely got them first time for the joke to trigger! Glad you got yours sorted.

Right now I’m trying to find what on earth ‘profile save data’ is so I can try and delete that 1f62d.png I’ve tried deleting everything else to no avail. Stuck on 60% the trophies aren’t progressing no matter what.

I did find that if I heard a conversation already - it would not pop again - so the second house and ice cream truck - I couldn't make them come back once I heard it - similarly when I played the chapter and went to the attic to get the training manual again, since I had it - it offered me shotgun shells instead. Since you got the joke, I think the issue is the game data for your save like the others say - that does suck, but I agree it might be a delete everything, clean install and push through it again. I'm not sure if you just started a new game on a different difficulty or even just played the chapters where things are missing if it would continue to update your tracker.

7 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@Snake2410 That sounds technical and dangerous. For me anyway. I don’t really understand saves and profiles etc. 

So I would save to the cloud. Disable automatic upload. Then delete the ‘complete’ save from my console. Then download it again? I think I tried something similar but I didn’t disable automatic upload. I will try again 1f62c.png

Thanks for the help. Hopefully the suburbs will be fine for you. Loads of people seem to have had no issue with the game. The handful of issues I have read have been related to the suburbs though. And the only collectible card I have left on any chapter is the suburbs now - it says have the convo with Henry about graffiti and Ellie about ice cream truck, but I get neither prompt now. I just don’t understand at all cause my trophy trackers are so low but everything is showing as complete. If they were all at 90 odd percent I’d accept it more.. maybe a couple hadn’t registered but this many. I’ve tried to go back and collect so many different things now and they won’t budge 1f611.png 

I would restart but I have this awful feeling mine is just broken and it will happen all over again.

So I don't know if it was the latest firmware update or if it was always like this, but for PS5 saves it looks like you can no longer select individual saves to be uploaded.  So what I was thinking won't work.  That's dumb!

Also, did you day you're loading it through the activity cards, or have you?  Just making sure I'm reading that right and not misinterpreting it.  If so I've heard that with any game to activity cards can be real buggy.  If not disregard.  I just woke up so I could be mistaken.

Edited by Snake2410

9 minutes ago, tonkie18 said:

No the activity cards won’t work. There’s only one left which is the suburbs and it won’t let me do those convos anymore ? I’ll probably bite the bullet and restart in a few days or so. But really worried it happens again.

What I'd do if you do it that way is back up your save file to cloud once you get close to or to the suburbs and then disable automatic back up for the game before doing anything there after the cutscene that leads you there. 

Then if something goes wrong again you have a back up that's completely fresh and can just download it to try again or if you decide to wait for a patch.  I can post step by step how to disable the automatic save back up if you'd like.

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@Snake2410 yeah that would be great Thankyou. I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I’d only just got to grips with the PS4. PS5 just confuses me. 

I’ll make sure I do that cause I think something happened with the suburbs that messed up the rest of my game.

1. Go to Settings and select Saved Data and Game/App files.

2. With Saved Data (PS5) highlighted press right on the d-pad and select Console Storage.

3. With Upload to Cloud Storage selected scroll down to TLOU PT1 and select it (a checkmark will appear in the box to the left of the game file).  Then hit the right d-pad and hit x.

4. Follow the prompts to manually upload to cloud. This will also disable automatic upload of that particular game until you turn it back on via the Sync Saved Data tab a few steps back.

5 - 7 are optional for once you grt Suburbs figured out.

5. To turn it back on for that game go to the Saved Data tab previously mentioned and select Saved Data (PS5) then scroll to Sync Saved Data and select it.

6. Select the Auto-Sync Saved Data and then wait for the game/app list to load.

7. Scroll down to the game and hit X to make the toggle move to the right (the button that moves will turn white to signify auto-sync is activated for that game).

• Like 1