Anyone else’s game not tracking things?

tonkie18

14 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@Snake2410 Thankyou so much for this! I really don’t want to do it wrong again so this will help so much 1f60d.png

So I found out a little more info that might help if nothing else helps. 

Uninstall and reinstall the game.  Supposedly that can help with bugged collectables/converations according to Powerpyx guide.  That's probably a last resort sort of thing, unless you have really good and fast internet.

I'm about a third of the way through Pittsburg, sorry I've always been slow at this game, so it'll be some time before I make it there.

Yeah I saw that on the powerpyx guide and it was one of the things I tried initially but it did nothing ? 

Thankfully I can get through this game pretty fast now after the amount of times I’ve replayed chapters. I pretty much know the collectibles etc off by heart! Will be giving it another run through next week. See if I can finally get past 60%

23 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

Yeah I saw that on the powerpyx guide and it was one of the things I tried initially but it did nothing ? 

Thankfully I can get through this game pretty fast now after the amount of times I’ve replayed chapters. I pretty much know the collectibles etc off by heart! Will be giving it another run through next week. See if I can finally get past 60%

Suburbs worked fine for me, but I know that even in the PS3 and PS4 versions it's always been a little finicky.  Not sure what went wrong with yours but hopefully they can patch it if it's as  common as it sounds.  Hopefully replaying from scratch works for you as well.

I used Powerpyx guide pretty much exactly how it was laid out (even though I've played this area so many times I know it by heart).  Also, I made a manual save right after you escape the sewers and are outside the door that you exit to suburbs from, just in case it bugged out.

I also missed the toolbox in the sewer and had to reload the chapter, so as long as you reload during the chapter it probably won't bug anything.  And only the last three jokes will count towards the 3 jokes counted in the tracker, in case people werent aware of that oddity.  The last joke is the one in Left Behind too.

As for the trophy trackers, something I noticed in another game that does apply to it here.  If you miss anything that it tracks and revert to a previous save, the tracker will not revert with it, it stays at its highest count.  It'll still count those collectables you picked up previously but lost due to reverting to older saves.  So if it's not updating, then it's likely that you picked those collectables up on a different save.  That goes for anything it counts a total for.

Just though I'd give one last update now that I've been through there.

Edited by Snake2410

@Snake2410 thanks, I’m glad you had no trouble with it. I think mine was just buggy from the start. Sarah completely disappearing from Joel’s arms at the beginning was a big clue this isn’t gonna go well ?

So I have two main saves (I’ve now completed the game a few times over to see if that triggered anything), which are complete. One of them is stuck on 119 collectibles - but it was showing me everything was complete. After faffing with the saves etc all the shiv doors, safes and some optional convos are now saying incomplete. Then my other save says 120 collectibles, again with all the shiv doors etc missing. I have tried loading up each save and going back to collect stuff on each one and neither work and my trophy trackers are stuck as low as 53% for some things. How many collectibles does it show if you’ve completed everything? I can’t find the answer anywhere online.

At a loss. I was going to look at it again this weekend and maybe start replaying but my little one was hospitalised with asthma. I’ll try again when life calms down ?

2 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

@Snake2410 thanks, I’m glad you had no trouble with it. I think mine was just buggy from the start. Sarah completely disappearing from Joel’s arms at the beginning was a big clue this isn’t gonna go well ?

So I have two main saves (I’ve now completed the game a few times over to see if that triggered anything), which are complete. One of them is stuck on 119 collectibles - but it was showing me everything was complete. After faffing with the saves etc all the shiv doors, safes and some optional convos are now saying incomplete. Then my other save says 120 collectibles, again with all the shiv doors etc missing. I have tried loading up each save and going back to collect stuff on each one and neither work and my trophy trackers are stuck as low as 53% for some things. How many collectibles does it show if you’ve completed everything? I can’t find the answer anywhere online.

At a loss. I was going to look at it again this weekend and maybe start replaying but my little one was hospitalised with asthma. I’ll try again when life calms down 1f62c.png

At the start of the Hydroelectric dam all my collectables matched up with Powerpyx guide in terms of counts.  I'm only to Colorado, but this is the counts up to the start of Jackson - Hydroelectric Dam.

Artifacts - 54

Firefly Medallions - 17

Workbenches - 6

Comics - 5

Training Manuals - 7

Safes - 4 (that's all of them so trophy should've popped from the one in the Suburbs.

Optional Conversations - 26

Jokes - 5 (counter only counts to three, one for all 4 in Pittsburg, one for the one in Suburbs, and the final one for Left Behind).

Shiv Doors - 8

I believe that's everything.  I saw elsewhere that Suburbs in NG+ isn't triggering the conversations like in a fresh playthrough, so maybe loading the chapter after fully completing it is also causing an issue?

Feel free to ask any questions and if I can answer I'll do my best to.  Between PS3, PS4, and this version I've probably beat the game almost a dozen times, and my collectables OCD has me collecting everything on nearly every one lol.

I hope your little one is doing OK though.

On my saves the totals say 119 or 120, but when you go to the chapters it says everything is complete except shiv doors etc. Go back and collect them they don’t change. Neither do the convos, they don’t even trigger now. And I haven’t had the trophy for the artefacts which says I have them all. Or the pendants and it says I have all of those too. Weirdly I’ve got the trophy for shiv doors and safes!

I did consider doing a new game plus.. but think it might be a waste of time. Think I might need to wipe everything and start again.

The other PS5 I started on changed some of the collectible counts. Im wondering if I wipe my save completely from the downstairs PS5, disconnect it from the internet and maybe try and complete it on that one? Whether that would be better? Then I’ve still got my saves on the cloud and my upstairs console. I don’t know it’s all so confusing.

thanks, he’s doing much better. His oxygen has come up so they’ve let him come home now ☺️

3 hours ago, tonkie18 said:

On my saves the totals say 119 or 120, but when you go to the chapters it says everything is complete except shiv doors etc. Go back and collect them they don’t change. Neither do the convos, they don’t even trigger now. And I haven’t had the trophy for the artefacts which says I have them all. Or the pendants and it says I have all of those too. Weirdly I’ve got the trophy for shiv doors and safes!

I did consider doing a new game plus.. but think it might be a waste of time. Think I might need to wipe everything and start again.

The other PS5 I started on changed some of the collectible counts. Im wondering if I wipe my save completely from the downstairs PS5, disconnect it from the internet and maybe try and complete it on that one? Whether that would be better? Then I’ve still got my saves on the cloud and my upstairs console. I don’t know it’s all so confusing.

thanks, he’s doing much better. His oxygen has come up so they’ve let him come home now 263a.png

That's probably what I'd do.  Keep the saves on the one and delete them from the other, then run through it on the one you deleted them off.  Hopefully it works out.

• Like 1

@UrRyAnn I’m so glad I’m not the only one. Mine is the same but I’m missing more trophies. Spoken to ND but they weren’t that helpful they’re looking into it. Moved on now and might go back to it on a different PS5 this week.

@downey82 yeah I’ve reinstalled twice and faffed with so many file deletes etc. It’s not having any of it ?

@MatThaRiPP3R84 I don’t usually play at launch. By the time I get to a game it’s been out years. But this is my favourite game and I’m so gutted this has happened. Especially when so many others have managed to complete. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

don't expect polished titles at launch anymore, atleast not every title. they don't crunch bug fix pre release anymore, so some games come out with weird issues, something like ragnarok which they expect to sell well, will be fine esp with the time the devs have had on it, but horizon 2 had issues and so did ratchet. 

It depends on the dev really.  Naughty Dog has usually been pretty good about squashing major bugs like this before a game launches.  Same with Santa Monica Studios.  Other first party devs not so much, though Insomniac usually is pretty good about it too. 

I don't remember there being any major issues with Ratchet and Clank PS5, what wasn't working?  I only played like the first level or so at launch, and didn't return to it until a few months later because I was in the middle of another game at the time.

UPDATE

It was not for nothing.

I wiped everything, started fresh and the counters went up. However the suburbs was still buggy and things didn’t unlock, but it wasn’t a problem as I’d already got the trophies my first playthrough. 

Very happy and relieved that platinum is over. I must have replayed each chapter 9/10 times in the end. 

• Like 1