PS4 to PS3 Transfer?

Nitro

Hi all,

Just wondering if this game allows PS4 to PS3 Transfer as well. Reason I ask is I've just seen Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC on the PS3 list and as far I know, this isn't released on PS3. So is this transferrable from PS4 to PS3, or am I missing something?

That Tiny Tina DLC was released on PS3 don't worry, I've done the game on PS3 myself haha, you're getting mixed up with Borderlands GOTY JP where there's the unreleased Claptrap DLC on the trophy list and they're unobtainable. As far as I'm aware though Borderlands 2 save file transferring to the cloud does go both ways so you can autopop PS4 to PS3 if you like, you just need a legit PS4 list on your profile so you won't be flagged.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sergen said:

you just need a legit PS4 list on your profile so you won't be flagged.

Did it never occur to people someone could have played the PS3 version and just never synced their trophies before transferring to PS4 and then transferred to a brand new PS3?

I might actually do this now.

5 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Did it never occur to people someone could have played the PS3 version and just never synced their trophies before transferring to PS4 and then transferred to a brand new PS3?

I might actually do this now.

What you've mentioned still looks like save file usage to the cheater removal team on this website so they can't differentiate between save file usage and the scenario you mention. Anyone who wants to transfer data from one game version to another which results in trophies unlocking should always sync the trophies for the original list otherwise don't transfer that data because it'll result in you being flagged. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sergen said:

That Tiny Tina DLC was released on PS3 don't worry, I've done the game on PS3 myself haha, you're getting mixed up with Borderlands GOTY JP where there's the unreleased Claptrap DLC on the trophy list and they're unobtainable. As far as I'm aware though Borderlands 2 save file transferring to the cloud does go both ways so you can autopop PS4 to PS3 if you like, you just need a legit PS4 list on your profile so you won't be flagged.

Nah - Not getting mixed up mate. I have PSNP+ installed via Chrome and saw that this DLC was unattainable - I assume this is for the Vita version never getting these last 2 DLC's. But I wanted to be 100% sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sergen said:

What you've mentioned still looks like save file usage to the cheater removal team on this website so they can't differentiate between save file usage and the scenario you mention. Anyone who wants to transfer data from one game version to another which results in trophies unlocking should always sync the trophies for the original list otherwise don't transfer that data because it'll result in you being flagged. 

I'll just record my entire playthrough from start to finish and post it online.

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Nah - Not getting mixed up mate. I have PSNP+ installed via Chrome and saw that this DLC was unattainable - I assume this is for the Vita version never getting these last 2 DLC's. But I wanted to be 100% sure.

Vita version might be missing stuff but the PS3 has all the DLC's that have associated trophies and they're a shared list. PS3 never got the Commander Lilith DLC but it doesn't have any trophies for that either.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

The Vita version never got the Sir Hammerlock or Tiny Tina DLCs, which is why PSNP+ has them flagged as unobtainable but all 4 of them are available on the PS3 :). Also, BL2 supports 3-way cross-save so you can move your saves between the PS4, PS3 and Vita at will.

Fantastic! Thanks for your help man!

And I thought that might be the case but thought I would check

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Mullet345 said:

Would PreSequel also be possible to cross-save from PS4 to PS3?

2 and TPS both have 2-way cross-save but, with some exceptions, all the others only go 1-way from either the PS3 to the PS4 or PS4 to PS5, depending on the game. The exceptions are Tales from the Borderlands, Borderlands 2 VR and the One Shot Adventure, which don't have any cross-save at all.

On 04/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, HuntingFever said:

2 and TPS both have 2-way cross-save but, with some exceptions, all the others only go 1-way from either the PS3 to the PS4 or PS4 to PS5, depending on the game. The exceptions are Tales from the Borderlands, Borderlands 2 VR and the One Shot Adventure, which don't have any cross-save at all.

So you can pretty much play TPS on PS4 then autopop PS3?